Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9297 posts
1086 upvotes

Lease Return Tire Question

Recently got a flat tire on a leased acura car. Have six months to go. Does it matter which brand of tire I put back? I wanted to go to Costco to get it fixed right away which they have correct size and all. Does it matter in the same brand of tire when I return the vehicle ? I know he treads will be different but I need to be able to go to work tommorrow and can get a tow truck today to help me tow my car.
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
3 replies
Mar 28, 2011
452 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
Can it be patched?

I returned a lease car with 2 different front and rear tires cause I had a sidewall puncture that could not be patched. Then again I also had the lease wear tear package that allows me to return bald tires or curbed rims

Maybe get to a tire shop and see if they have a used pair that fits and get those cheap
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9297 posts
1086 upvotes
Unfortunately can’t be patched. Sidewall punctured too. From pothole :(
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
6488 posts
1131 upvotes
Mississauga
aquariaguy wrote:
Sep 16th, 2018 1:00 pm
Recently got a flat tire on a leased acura car. Have six months to go. Does it matter which brand of tire I put back? I wanted to go to Costco to get it fixed right away which they have correct size and all. Does it matter in the same brand of tire when I return the vehicle ? I know he treads will be different but I need to be able to go to work tommorrow and can get a tow truck today to help me tow my car.
Each manufacture has its own rules for lease returns. I would give them a call and find out. You wouldn't want to buy the wrong tire and have to buy another at the end of your lease.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)