• Sep 27th, 2015 3:14 pm
Tags:
None
Apr 16, 2011
359 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
$100-$150 (more IF necessary)
I am looking for a brown leather bag. Casual enough to wear anywhere, but formal enough for work. I am looking for one that looks clean with just a flap, and no buckle like strap in the front. (If anyone here watched suits, maybe one similar to the one Mike has)
I'm hoping I can grab one when its on sale, which should be soon since its almost christmas.
Aug 2, 2006
252 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Buy something from Jack Georges - it has a lifetime warranty and they look beautiful. You'll find them all over Bay street
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
3975 posts
608 upvotes
Richmond
what about coach outlets? if you are anywhere close by an outlet it's cheaper plus there is coach factory and there are special events where coach has a facebook like event
Feb 26, 2009
749 posts
116 upvotes
Roots is a good option.

Grafea makes some nice bags for the price. They are available at The Future Of Frances Watson on Queen St W in Parkdale.
Dec 23, 2008
206 posts
4 upvotes
$2360 .... a lot to charge for just a bag.

Also, clicking on product care returns a weird error. With charging so much for a bag, that's the least they could get right if they want people to buy their products, very disappointing. Also, with such poor attention to detail, one can only wonder how many more errors were made during the manufacturing of this bag.
BAD KEY - CONTAINS SPACE : product-care_chicago,taiga,nomade,mahina_lv heritage_suhali_en
Deal Expert
Feb 26, 2004
26999 posts
4288 upvotes
pepsi_dude wrote:
Jan 1st, 2015 10:54 pm
$2360 .... a lot to charge for just a bag.

Also, clicking on product care returns a weird error. With charging so much for a bag, that's the least they could get right if they want people to buy their products, very disappointing. Also, with such poor attention to detail, one can only wonder how many more errors were made during the manufacturing of this bag.
It's not just any bag. It's a Louis Vuitton. It's a symbol of high class and prestige.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1414 posts
200 upvotes
for a work bag I'd avoid spending a lot of money. I don't think it's a 'noticeable' accessory, most of the VPs and senior types I know just use something functional or what ever came with the bag. The most common brand is Targus in almost every place I've worked.

A messenger isn't a classic style of bag either and what I dislike about most of these is how they'll cheap out and use a nylon strap.

For a guy I think you're better off spending your money on a good suit or shoes or a watch. Then just get a good leather bag for $400 or so. Personally I'm saving up for a Diamond Creek Satchel (scroll to the bottom, Gfeller isn't web savvy). I have a smaller 'murse' satchel and the quality is outstanding. But I have little justification to get something to replace my 10 year old MEC shoulder bag which does the job and is arguably better (lighter, easier to clean, etc) than a new leather bag.
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1754 posts
450 upvotes
North York
$40... Try Winners? Even Fossil starts at like $200.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2011
1088 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
Irbe wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2015 9:50 am
why do people in this thread just always post the most expensive thing out there???
the LV one is cheaper and better looking than the 7k hermes bag.