• Sep 27th, 2015 3:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18258 posts
2932 upvotes
GTA West
Why do some people choose messenger bags instead of backpacks? I was thinking of getting those Timbuck2 bags but then I realised I had no particular use for it.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1519 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
Try the Tumi brand.
Not cheap (but not Hermes either), but good quality.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2007
4762 posts
914 upvotes
Coach has some very nice men's messenger bags without logos (logos are terrible on anything, especially bags).

Also, if this is for work and there is actually a level of functionality involved: https://lawyerist.com/60015/your-briefc ... -terrible/
Mark77 wrote:"All aspiring students should go into the financial services - engineering is, and always has been, a poor choice for our brightest minds ... and TodayHello is my Hero ..."
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1754 posts
450 upvotes
North York
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Sep 26th, 2015 9:57 am
Why do some people choose messenger bags instead of backpacks? I was thinking of getting those Timbuck2 bags but then I realised I had no particular use for it.
Goes with my suits better at meetings. And I'm not carrying much. Doesn't justify the use of a backpack. I do use a backpack when I'm travelling with gear for shoots or out for a longer period of time.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
8181 posts
874 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Depending on the look you're going for, I'd advise on the following brands...
- Rugged Material: really good quality full grain tanned leather (as opposed to the top coat most "fashion" brands use) and it's well built and reinforced at the right areas.
- Knomo bags: UK brand, not full leather but good supple quality leather bags.
- Piquadro: Italian company which makes good quality bags, the leather selection is much broader than most fashion brands with option for textured leathers.

If you're looking for a more budget option, this bag is highly recommended on reddit:
- Navali Mainstay leather
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2008
1754 posts
450 upvotes
North York
I went to Danier today and just wasn't impressed by the quality of leather. The Rudsak one was much better. I'm just worried about the reviews regarding the quality of the stitching and zippers.