Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

LED Fidget Spinners 5 pack $28.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 27th, 2017 8:46 am
Sep 24, 2008
756 posts
355 upvotes
Oakville
Coppertone2005 wrote: These LED ones are lighter than typical, hence in physics, the rotation inertia comes into play but also cheap steel bearings is a factor too.
I noticed they were quite light. So does this means 30s is a reasonable spin time for a LED fidget spinner?
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
4150 posts
3251 upvotes
Toronto
rfdnutz wrote: I noticed they were quite light. So does this means 30s is a reasonable spin time for a LED fidget spinner?
possibly...I'm no physics genius but more weight, more momentum (?)

I posted a page back that I have the the regular spinners that I got from China for ~$1.75 each (free shipping but took 8.5 weeks to arrive).
30-35 seconds out of the box...cleaned the bearings with rubbing alcohol and now go 80-90 seconds. The other thing is that the caps come off rather easily. "fixed" that with regular kids school glue - allows the caps to stay in place by creating adhesion but I can still pop them off if I need to.
Last edited by Fightguard on Jun 9th, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
BhangraMan wrote: this fad ended yesterday
you juz mad you can't flex dem spinnerz #haterzgonnaHate

lol i'm jk...these things are dumber than pogs even though i bought them myself.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10593 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
I'm still waiting for 8 for $8.97...

I can wait till next year if I have to. :lol:
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
guy at my work has one...I think he has ADD though because I saw him tearing the shit out of a small piece of paper before breaking out his spinner. Guess he can't keep his hands still.
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10408 posts
1123 upvotes
Toronto
thanks op, i had no choice to buy.. make me spend money.. but i think i wait and buy at pmall.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2011
1524 posts
2465 upvotes
Hell
Heads up: These are becoming passe at the school I teach. Thankfully.
May 31, 2009
2 posts
Toronto
I received them yesterday and tried it before handing it over to kids but they don't light up. Do I need to put batteries in or is there a switch or did I just receive a defective one?
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
Skadefryd wrote: It's a good price, although I still don't really understand the appeal of them.

Then again, I had pogs when I was a kid so I'm probably not one to talk.
Alf Pogs?

Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1334 posts
978 upvotes
Ottawa
Smartchen wrote: I see 8 pack for $27.99
The price is super good but I only need one...
Then Costco is not the store for you. :)
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135816 upvotes
888888 upvotes
rfdnutz wrote: Here are some pics...you can see the 2 types of bearings also.
IMG_7827.JPGIMG_7826.JPG
Okay, I will return mine then. These are exactly the same on aliexpress/ ebay.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2006
5654 posts
2050 upvotes
j4park wrote: I received them yesterday and tried it before handing it over to kids but they don't light up. Do I need to put batteries in or is there a switch or did I just receive a defective one?
You have to activate the leds by pressing on them lol

There are three different light up modes, a different one with each successive press.
*RFD - once you're in there's no getting out.*

*If you wanna buy something, wait for it! Eventually RFD will post it and something in your pants will feel awesome that you waited: your wallet.*
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1024 posts
1107 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Received mine on Friday, kids love them but 3 of the light up LED's don't work :/
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
6041 posts
2750 upvotes
Vancouver
That's why I bought them from Costco. Haven't arrived yet but will check them out and return to Costco (very likely as I read the posts here and upon further thinking about it) as needed.

Wanted to see what the hype is about.

My kid's teacher taught her class to make something similar with lego.
Jan 15, 2006
308 posts
190 upvotes
Kaida9 wrote: Received mine on Friday, kids love them but 3 of the light up LED's don't work :/
Happened to me. Had to pop-up the the little white plastic parts from the spinner, opened them up and squeeze the metal parts so the contact with the batteries are tighter. Works fine afterward. Easy fix and doesn't need any tools. Opening the little white capsules is not that hard using your nails.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2011
1024 posts
1107 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Nataq wrote: Happened to me. Had to pop-up the the little white plastic parts from the spinner, opened them up and squeeze the metal parts so the contact with the batteries are tighter. Works fine afterward. Easy fix and doesn't need any tools. Opening the little white capsules is not that hard using your nails.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2006
2091 posts
976 upvotes
Scarborough
Tried to pull a Naruto by throwing this at a co-worker.

RASENGAN!!!

One of the lights stopped working =(
Banned
Jun 5, 2012
1418 posts
498 upvotes
i was at indigo cash counter today, picked-up a similar packaging i got from costco a few days ago in the mail, just out of curiosity to see how much - the price sticker was $16.xx gesh... for a fidgit?!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)