Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Various

LED lightbulbs multiple retailers - month of April - SaveOnEnergy coupons [Ontario]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 27th, 2017 10:32 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1256 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto

ON Only - GE 9W Bright Stik LED Bulb 3PK $8.99 + tax - $8 Energy Coupon

Expiry:
April 30, 2017
Retailer:
Various
Despite this is only 3PK LED deal, I thought it's worth to be an alternative to the CT Noma LED 3 PK deal if people having trouble with CT staff.

Walmart has the GE Bright Stik LED 3PK for sale. I'm in GTA and I found some stores sell it for $8.99 and some for $9.96, so check before you go. YMMV

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/ge-lightin ... 0196176687
(same 800 lumens output as CT NOMA 3PK deal but at 9W, and much smaller foot print)
(Note: This GE bulb is non-dimmable.)

The WM website has only the soft white version listed, but I'm able to find the daylight version available for the same price in many locations too.

I can't find any tear-offs at the store so I printed the coupons from the web. When I was at the cashier the staff had to call in the manager for approval, who rejected some coupon copies due to blurry printouts. I planned to buy 6 but was only able to bring home 4 boxes. YMMV

PM potential - I dropped by Lowes today and I think I saw the same 9W version Soft White on the shelf. However, their website only shows the 10W version which should be older generation. Worth checking it out cause if Lowes honors the 10% price beat it will make it $8.1, minus the $8 coupon (again, if Lowes staff doesn't give you hard time), this will be even hotted deal than the CT NOMA 4PK deal (Not to mention you also earn Airmiles at Lowes).

https://saveonenergy.ca/Consumer/Progra ... ish_LED-$8

https://www.lowes.ca/led-light-bulbs/ge ... right-stik
Last edited by thunderbolt on Mar 27th, 2017 12:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
243 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2008
1126 posts
1793 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
Please put "Ontario only" in title.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
Oh man, confirmed 2700k LED bulbs? time to check out my local walmart!

Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1256 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
mr_yellow wrote: Oh man, confirmed 2700k LED bulbs? time to check out my local walmart!

Thanks!
Yes it is 2700K as printed on the box.
5000K also available.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
3426 posts
2464 upvotes
damn more bulbs to buy lol thanks
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2010
1130 posts
650 upvotes
Greely
thunderbolt wrote:

PM potential - I dropped by Lowes today and I think I saw the same 9W version Soft White on the shelf. However, their website only shows the 10W version which should be older generation. Worth checking it out cause if Lowes honors the 10% price beat it will make it $8.1, minus the $8 coupon (again, if Lowes staff doesn't give you hard time), this will be even hotted deal than the CT NOMA 4PK deal (Not to mention you also earn Airmiles at Lowes).
Thanks, OP. I might buy a pack of these to compare them with the 10W version I bought at Lowes last fall.

Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2769 posts
1331 upvotes
before I run out and buy a bunch of packs, is there any downside to these thinner/stick shape bulbs?

EDIT: oh yeah, are these dimmable as well?
EDIT2: nope not dimmable. dang. Need dimmable.

Thanks,
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2017
3426 posts
2464 upvotes
Got denied at Lowes CS lady said I can't PM AND use the coupon together :( (Warden/Eglinton)

Went down the street to Walmart instead got 5000k Daylight ones

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1256 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
ahlong wrote: Got denied at Lowes CS lady said I can't PM AND use the coupon together :( (Warden/Eglinton)

Went down the street to Walmart instead got 5000k Daylight ones

Thanks OP

Cheers for getting a deal for the daylight bulbs at WM. PM is always hit or miss and depending on stores, just like CT and everyone else, hence YMMV.
I personally prefer GE and Philips over other brands as they have seldom failed on me. I once bought 4 boxes of Great Value Daylight CFL from WM and they all programmatically fail after 1 to 1.5 year one after another.
Jul 23, 2014
243 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Grabbed the last 3 5k bulbs from keele and Finch superstore. They had at least 15-20 2.7k bulbs left. I asked an employee and they said that may be getting more 5k bulbs from tonight's shipment (employee didn't really bother checking so ymmv)

Purchase was smooth, cashier must have either not cared or was very familiar with them. They're nice and bright yet not blinding
Oct 5, 2016
235 posts
191 upvotes
I went to Lowe's Steeles/Markham Rd. The cashier first tried to deny PM and coupon together. She even tried to read out the term, "cannot combine with other discounts" on the coupon. I insisted that it's not the case, and asked her to verify with another cashier. The other cashier said it's ok to PM and coupon, but I can't get the 10% difference. I was OK with that.

The good thing about buying at Lowe's is you pay HST at after coupon price ($0.99), where as at Walmart you pay HST at before coupon price ($8.99). So you save additional $1.00 per pack!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2004
1730 posts
2632 upvotes
thunderbolt wrote: Despite this is only 3PK LED deal, I thought it's worth to be an alternative to the CT Noma LED 4 PK deal if people having trouble with CT staff.
The Canadian Tire Noma deal is also a 3-pack.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2011
1256 posts
865 upvotes
Toronto
lynk wrote: The Canadian Tire Noma deal is also a 3-pack.
Must be having senior moment despite I do also have few packs of those NOMA Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Is Walmart good in terms of accepting these Energy star coupons for bulbs? Especially when the price is $8.99 + taxes, and $8 off on top of that?
Blanka
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2010
1130 posts
650 upvotes
Greely
I had no problem with Walmart (Southkeys Ottawa) accepting my printed coupons. Check your boxes - one of my boxes was missing a bulb, but I didn't discover this until I got home Disappointed But Relieved Face
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Thanks OP. You can remove the YMMV part, the $0.99 deal is officially on the front page of the flyer starting tomorrow.
Mar 28, 2017
63 posts
75 upvotes
Tried this at the walmart at baseline& clyde. The lady would only accept one coupon because the coupon codes were the same...
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
I wonder what fixtures or lamps I will be using the stick type of bulb. Any advantages over the traditional Edison shaped bulb?
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6251 upvotes
Poormond Hill
There's two skids of them at the Hwy 7/Silver Linden location in Richmond Hill. Look for them by the electronics section.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
sandikosh wrote: There's two skids of them at the Hwy 7/Silver Linden location in Richmond Hill. Look for them by the electronics section.
Thanks dude!
Blanka