• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2018 9:38 am
Nov 28, 2007
184 posts
9 upvotes
Langley
XtremeModder wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2017 11:37 pm
Thankyou. I wonder if we'll get hit with duties or any of that crap.

Guess the price works out to $1 more than doing it via this group buy I wanted to do. Guess this will be cancelled then.
Hey there, I run CryptoAsylum.com. I actually came across this post as you were originally going to order from us. No hard feelings though, just glad to see more people getting into the space and securing their funds!

I just thought I should mentioned that you should account for at least the 13% HST and a UPS "Brokerage" fee which can often be relatively high charge. Good to keep these in mind when getting funds from other RFD users.

Cheers! :)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8712 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
astupidmoose wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 2:18 pm
Hey there, I run CryptoAsylum.com. I actually came across this post as you were originally going to order from us. No hard feelings though, just glad to see more people getting into the space and securing their funds!

I just thought I should mentioned that you should account for at least the 13% HST and a UPS "Brokerage" fee which can often be relatively high charge. Good to keep these in mind when getting funds from other RFD users.

Cheers! :)
If I get hit with extra charges then I’ll figure it out. At the end of the day it’s still cheaper than buying at regular price.

Thanks though
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1128 posts
40 upvotes
Vancouver
If you use a ledger nano S it makes day trading more difficult right ? I'm rather enjoying day trading BTC and ETH at the moment ...
The opinions expressed herein are neither opinions, nor expressed.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8712 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
grilw wrote:
Nov 27th, 2017 5:41 am
If you use a ledger nano S it makes day trading more difficult right ? I'm rather enjoying day trading BTC and ETH at the moment ...
I guess if you think hard is sending from your wallet to an exchange then yea

This is not what these are meant for at all though
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1365 posts
320 upvotes
Aurora
If anyone in York Region does a Group Buy for the Ledger Blue, please PM me!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8712 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
JohnyBGood wrote:
Nov 29th, 2017 7:27 pm
If anyone in York Region does a Group Buy for the Ledger Blue, please PM me!
Too expensive for me, I’m debating on doing one again in the future I’ll think about it.

Any thoughts on the digital bitbox at crypto asylum ?
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1365 posts
320 upvotes
Aurora
Hmmm...interesting. Digital Bitbox looks good, but the software seems to need serious upgrading. I'll have to research it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8712 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
JohnyBGood wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 2:56 am
Hmmm...interesting. Digital Bitbox looks good, but the software seems to need serious upgrading. I'll have to research it.
That is part of the reason why I was on the fence with it a bit. I assume the Ledger Nano S will be more than enough for me.

Any way to see the total value of all of my crypto currencies that I have easily without having to plug the ledger in every time? Sort of like how I can see it very quickly like I can on coinbase?
Jun 8, 2010
98 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
For those who missed out on this, I just bought a Nano S from Crypto Asylum (official Canadian retailer) with the coupon code UBQ (10% off). Total is < C$119 (shipping and taxes incl.). Perhaps not the best, but still warm?
Happy customer of Zoomer Wireless and Tangerine
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1365 posts
320 upvotes
Aurora
XtremeModder wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2017 3:01 am
That is part of the reason why I was on the fence with it a bit. I assume the Ledger Nano S will be more than enough for me.

Any way to see the total value of all of my crypto currencies that I have easily without having to plug the ledger in every time? Sort of like how I can see it very quickly like I can on coinbase?
I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that you can set a "duress password" on the Blue, which shows a secondary wallet. So if you are ever held at gun-point, ever want to take it across the border for shopping and are stopped, or if you are fleeing the country to avoid alimony to a place that doesn't have income tax, or extradition, you can enter the duress password at the airport and it'll show $500USD on your second wallet (or whatever amount you deposit) instead of $5000000USD and it will appear as your primary wallet. And they do stop you at the airport...even insist on looking through your laptop files & folders.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
8712 posts
753 upvotes
Toronto
JohnyBGood wrote:
Dec 4th, 2017 2:27 pm
I don't know the answer to your question, but I do know that you can set a "duress password" on the Blue, which shows a secondary wallet. So if you are ever held at gun-point, ever want to take it across the border for shopping and are stopped, or if you are fleeing the country to avoid alimony to a place that doesn't have income tax, or extradition, you can enter the duress password at the airport and it'll show $500USD on your second wallet (or whatever amount you deposit) instead of $5000000USD and it will appear as your primary wallet. And they do stop you at the airport...even insist on looking through your laptop files & folders.
See because you just said this, do you not think they're going to know about a secondary wallet...
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
1365 posts
320 upvotes
Aurora
XtremeModder wrote:
Dec 5th, 2017 12:06 am
See because you just said this, do you not think they're going to know about a secondary wallet...
Maybe you're right. :) If you want to ask a Mod to delete the last few posts, I don't have a problem with that.
Setting up a secondary wallet via secondary PIN is optional and most people don't take advantage of it. I found out about it on a YouTube video, so it's not a huge secret.
Dec 31, 2016
36 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga, ON, CA
a newbie question

can Ledger Nano S help/work with Coins (IOTA/LTC) stored on Bitfinex/Coinbase?

TIA