Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lee Valley

Lee Valley (Tools) free shipping over $40

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 12th, 2020 7:08 pm
Oct 14, 2007
613 posts
1303 upvotes
Thedford

[Lee Valley] Lee Valley (Tools) free shipping over $40

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 25, 2020
Retailer:
Lee Valley
More offers from Lee Valley
I have not seen this posted yet, but sorry if a re post.

Free shipping from Lee Valley on orders over $40 until February 25, 2020. Usually they offer free shipping on orders exceeding $149 so this might be a good time to purchase items that fall under the $149 threshold.

I have always had a good experience with Lee Valley.
10 replies
Aug 20, 2007
197 posts
226 upvotes
Lee Valley is also a Canadian company if you choose to support local.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
2064 posts
733 upvotes
Edmonton
I like this place for finding unique tools and hardware. They have a lot of stuff.
R U PACKIN HEAT?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2242 posts
4466 upvotes
I picked up a sharpening stone the last time they had this offer (Boxing Week). My knives are so much sharper now! Total game changer.
On vacation
Apr 24, 2015
56 posts
66 upvotes
Lancaster Park, AB
There's no such thing as free shipping. Even if they don't jack up prices just before the promo campaign starts, typically markup on imported merchandise is set so high (up to 500...600...1000% and sometimes more) that it allows the retailer to run these promo campaigns like 'free shipping' and all sorts of seasonal and other 'deals' as often as they wish. So don't be deceived.
In honesty, I'd prefer to pay whatever it costs to ship MY order to where I live, rather than subsidize this so-called 'free shipping' for everyone, including ppl living in remote areas. Nothing against these people, but if you live in a remote area and want it delivered there, please pay for it.
Last edited by timlavruk on Feb 12th, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
Anyone want to split an order of Festool 5" Granat circular sandpaper? 80 and 120 grit and maybe 180.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2242 posts
4466 upvotes
timlavruk wrote: There's no such thing as free shipping. It's all been factored into the goods' price. Even if they don't jack up prices just before the promo campaign starts, typically markup on imported merchandise is set so high (up to 500...600...1000% and sometimes more) that it allows the retailer to run these promo campaigns like 'free shipping' and all sorts of seasonal and other 'deals' as often as they wish. So don't be deceived.
"Free Shipping" for higher value orders is a ubiquitous strategy used by online retailers to incentivize larger orders.

But Lee Valley is not your typical retailer. You won't find ridiculous "regular" prices and frequent deep discounts like at Canadian Tire or similar stores. At Lee Valley, items don't go on sale often and they certainly don't mark up prices before this kind of promo.

it's atypical behind the scenes, too -- How one company levels the pay slope of executives and workers
Last edited by umopapisdnwei on Feb 12th, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
On vacation
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1352 posts
846 upvotes
Vaughan
One of my favourite things to buy at Lee Valley are the 10 packs of screws. Whenever I go to Lowes or Home Depot, it seems like I can buy 2 screws for $2 or 500 screws for $20. But at Lee Valley I get 10 packs of many screws for under $1. Sweet. TY Lee Valley. It's also one of the few stores that when I visit in person, I see things for wood working or gardening / outdoor living that are unique, useful or otherwise compelling. Hard to leave the showroom empty-handed. I'm fortunate enough to live only a few kms from a store, but definitely a compelling shopping experience for folks who build, repair, craft, or garden. Shop online if you must, but visit the store if you get a chance. A very special shopping experience in an age of clonal retail redundancy.

Mic
# 1019 days too many
# Taiwan is a democratic country
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
mobile_mic wrote: One of my favourite things to buy at Lee Valley are the 10 packs of screws. Whenever I go to Lowes or Home Depot, it seems like I can buy 2 screws for $2 or 500 screws for $20. But at Lee Valley I get 10 packs of many screws for under $1. Sweet. TY Lee Valley. It's also one of the few stores that when I visit in person, I see things for wood working or gardening / outdoor living that are unique, useful or otherwise compelling. Hard to leave the showroom empty-handed. I'm fortunate enough to live only a few kms from a store, but definitely a compelling shopping experience for folks who build, repair, craft, or garden. Shop online if you must, but visit the store if you get a chance. A very special shopping experience in an age of clonal retail redundancy.

Mic
Thanks I didn't know they had packs of screws. Had getting them from Lowe's and HD. There is a Lee Valley right by my HD so will be heading there instead.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)