Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Leesa (Memory foam mattress) w/ $100 discount & $30 Amazon GC

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 11:17 am
Aug 25, 2008
924 posts
757 upvotes
Etobicoke

Leesa (Memory foam mattress) w/ $100 discount & $30 Amazon GC

Deal Link:
Savings:
$100+$30gc
EDIT: Launch discount has expired and been replaced with a $100 discount + $30 Amazon gift card again. Code is SAVE130.

I've been doing a lot of research on ordering memory foam mattresses online. After combing though reviews on Amazon and sites like sleeplikethedead & sleepopolis I had settled on a mattress from a US based retailer Leesa. The only problem was they weren't shipping to Canada but told me to hang in there as they were looking at expanding. That day has come and they now ship (for free) here. They offer a 100 night risk free full refund policy (you don't have to ship it back if you don't want to keep it - they will either donate it to a local charity or recycle it) and have a $150 off launch discount.

(add $50 plus HST to these prices as the launch promotion has ended and they now offer a $100, not $150, discount)
Twin is $723.20 (incl the discount and tax)
Queen is $1,175.20
King is $1,288.20

Reviews here:
http://sleepopolis-mattress-reviews.com ... ss-review/

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/mattres ... leesa.html
Last edited by Painman on Feb 2nd, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
484 replies
Jun 8, 2007
945 posts
286 upvotes
Oshawa
With all the research you did how did you come to your decision? Endy is quite a bit cheaper and made in Toronto. I got the Costco one on sale a couple weeks ago. I am finding it to stiff. So I am going to stick with it for a few more weeks but I think it will be going back.
Aug 25, 2008
924 posts
757 upvotes
Etobicoke
I'm only going on reading a lot of reviews, and I looked at their manufacturing process. I liked that the Leesa top layer supposedly sleeps cooler. The Endy is reviewed as a firmer mattress - I prefer a little more cushion. I don't think $1,000 is a lot to spend on a good night's sleep - particularly if you amortize it over a 6 to 10 year period. I've returned two Costco mattresses and don't think much of their selection or quality. But one man's trash is another man's treasure - this is all very subjective and really comes down to what sleeps best for you.
Nov 16, 2013
69 posts
32 upvotes
Canada
nfnx wrote: oh man i really need a mattress but like the firm side --- woudl endy be the one? or the leesa? Leesa has great reviews
Ikea has queen memory foam mattress on the firm side for $499. I literally got mine yesterday and so far so good, especially for the price.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2001
3415 posts
1250 upvotes
Toronto
From your research, how does it compare to Tuft & Needle & Casper?

I read a lot of good reviews on Tuft & Needle (#1 rated on Amazon?), but that was a few years ago and they still don't ship to Canada. With so many new players in the online Mattress game, it's getting a little confusing.
Aug 30, 2005
226 posts
93 upvotes
Not sure how the Leesa is in terms of fi*****ess. I've had the Casper for about 40 days and love it so far. I like a mattress on the firmer side so by the consumer report testing the Casper had really good reviews, especially in terms of its longevity over 8 to 10 years. It isn't like a typical memory foam it doesn't sink.

[removed solicitation]
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2012
1023 posts
298 upvotes
Thank you for confusing me even more :) only kidding. I need to buy 4 mattresses in total one being king and the price difference in Leesa king and Endy king size is $475 (currently Endy has $75 off discount). I never knew buying a mattress will be time consuming and so much detail to look for! For me another plus is they are a Canadian company. I trust Canadians more then Americans :)

Painman wrote: I've been doing a lot of research on ordering memory foam mattresses online. After combing though reviews on Amazon and sites like sleeplikethedead & sleepopolis I had settled on a mattress from a US based retailer Leesa. The only problem was they weren't shipping to Canada but told me to hang in there as they were looking at expanding. That day has come and they now ship (for free) here. They offer a 100 night risk free full refund policy (you don't have to ship it back if you don't want to keep it - they will either donate it to a local charity or recycle it) and have a $150 off launch discount.

Twin is $723.20 (incl the discount and tax)
Queen is $1,175.20
King is $1,288.20

Reviews here:
http://sleepopolis-mattress-reviews.com ... ss-review/

http://www.sleeplikethedead.com/mattres ... leesa.html
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7749 posts
1635 upvotes
We did a lot of research too but ended up with the Zedbed, made locally in Canada with eco-friendly, chemical free soybean and coconut oil based foam.

http://www.myessentia.com/learn/the-ick ... attresses/

The other brand that makes their own nature formula foam is Essentia but their beds are way more expensive and they have more info about toxic foam beds on their site.

http://www.myessentia.com/learn/the-ick ... attresses/
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Nov 8, 2012
790 posts
275 upvotes
I've had a Casper queen for about 120 days. The base plays a big role in how the mattress sleeps, so keep that in mind. There is so much choice in foam mattresses, it makes it even tougher when more good brands start shipping to Canada. My only regret is not picking up a King, the kids are sneaking into our bed a night now!
Jul 2, 2005
483 posts
226 upvotes
Mississauga
We have 3 different memory foam mattress. King ZEDBED, Queen Costco and the Sealy International. From these 3, I find the Zedbed the worse. Wished we gotten the Sealy in King size. It's still feels really close (fi*****ess) as the day I got it, sadly it's already discontinued. The Zedbed have sagged in lots of areas so it's almost time for a replacement. They are in the 7 year range already. So I think I got my money's worth already. The Costco one is about 2 years old only so I still don't know how long it will last, but it's more comfortable to sleep on compared to the Zedbed. I'm on the firmer side for the review so YMMV. Going to look into what the Option posted.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2541 posts
961 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
I've also been researching mattresses for the past several months and decided to go with an online retailer. I am glad Leesa is also now shipping to Canada!

I'm not yet decided between Casper, Novosbed, Leesa or Loom & Leaf. They all have some drawbacks and it's pretty difficult to decide. I may just end up picking one and trying them out then returning it if it doesn't work out. They all have pretty generous return policies.

The Leesa uses 3lb density memory foam in the second layer which is not very good quality compared to some of the other available options. It is slightly cheaper than some of the others though, especially with the $150 introductory offer. Similar to the Casper business model they only offer one fi*****ess level, where the others allow you to choose from a range.
Apr 8, 2013
67 posts
75 upvotes
What's the general consensus on Novosbed vs. Leesa? I've been leaning towards the Novosbed for quite some time (ruled out Leesa since it didn't ship to Canada) and was fairly set on it, but just want to get some insight before any triggers are pulled.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2541 posts
961 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
Kinki wrote: From your research, how does it compare to Tuft & Needle & Casper?

I read a lot of good reviews on Tuft & Needle (#1 rated on Amazon?), but that was a few years ago and they still don't ship to Canada. With so many new players in the online Mattress game, it's getting a little confusing.
The Casper mattress has a 1.5" layer of latex on top of 1.5" of memory foam and 6.5" of polyfoam.

The Leesa mattress is 2" of avena memory foam, 2" of memory foam and 6" of poly foam.

As far as I can tell, they're pretty similar fi*****ess but the Casper uses better quality materials and denser foam.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2541 posts
961 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
ehar89 wrote: What's the general consensus on Novosbed vs. Leesa? I've been leaning towards the Novosbed for quite some time (ruled out Leesa since it didn't ship to Canada) and was fairly set on it, but just want to get some insight before any triggers are pulled.
I wasn't able to find any direct comparisons of the two unfortunately. Novosbed has been around a lot longer than most of these companies but seems to have much fewer reviews. In terms of quality of materials and return policy Novosbed has the lead (the only downside to the return policy is you must keep it a minimum of 60 days) but comes at a higher price. The Novosbed also currently has a $100 off offer but the King size is $1539 compared to the $1150 Casper and the $1190 Leesa.

Guess it depends on what type of fi*****ess you want and how much you want to spend. The Novosbed comes in different fi*****ess levels, while the Leesa is a 'one size fits all' business model.

I'm pretty sure the other companies do something similar on request, but Novosbed offers to send an additional layer of foam to anyone who is not satisfied with the fi*****ess level they've selected. It basically zips on underneath the cover and makes the mattress either more or less firm depending on your preference.
Keep in mind that those reviews don't seem to compare the quality of the foam used in the mattresses. They come in different densities and the density goes a long way towards determining how long the mattress will last and what kind of weight range it can handle. As far as I can tell, Sleepololis rates the mattress almost purely on the one guy's subjective opinion on the comfort of the mattress..
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2009
1219 posts
884 upvotes
If your budget will allow, consider http://www.selectfoam.com

They use higher density foams (5 pound, 7.2 pound) which last longer without sagging generally.

I've been happy with mine, have had it for about 2 years now.

Though as I remember, their prices are in US dollars, so it will translate to a higher cost now than when I bought mine. Maybe not close enough in price anymore, as when I bought mine it was definitely a bit more expensive even with a much more favorable exchange rate.
Aug 25, 2008
924 posts
757 upvotes
Etobicoke
RandomSanity wrote: Keep in mind that those reviews don't seem to compare the quality of the foam used in the mattresses. They come in different densities and the density goes a long way towards determining how long the mattress will last and what kind of weight range it can handle. As far as I can tell, Sleepololis rates the mattress almost purely on the one guy's subjective opinion on the comfort of the mattress..
Actually, SLTD does mention foam density and this was one of the reasons I included it.

For example:

The Leesa mattress (made in USA) consists of a four-inch low-density (3.3 lbs/ft average) foam / memory foam comfort layer over a 1.8 lbs/ft density six-inch foam base for 10 inches total thickness.
vs
Casper mattress (made in USA) has 1.5 inches of synthetic dunlop latex and 1.5 inches of high-density (4.0 lbs/ft) memory foam over 6.5 inches of 1.8 lbs/ft density support foam for 9.5 inches total thickness.

Now, how does one at 4 inches at 3.3 lbs/ft compare to another 3 inches at 4 lbs/ft? I don't know. And even if I did, I'm not sure how it would relate to my/our individual tastes in a mattress. What I tried to do was compare the ratings (and user opinions) based on my build, my wife's, how we sleep, heat retention etc etc etc. The Leesa very slightly edged out the others that I looked at - for what we want in a bed.

Mattress comparison shopping is, by design, next to impossible to do. I've always taken my best shot and hit on some, missed on others. The return policy is, for our needs, a very important factor when it comes time to pull the trigger. Happy that most manufactures now have very generous policies on this.
Apr 8, 2013
67 posts
75 upvotes
RandomSanity wrote: I wasn't able to find any direct comparisons of the two unfortunately. Novosbed has been around a lot longer than most of these companies but seems to have much fewer reviews. In terms of quality of materials and return policy Novosbed has the lead (the only downside to the return policy is you must keep it a minimum of 60 days) but comes at a higher price. The Novosbed also currently has a $100 off offer but the King size is $1539 compared to the $1150 Casper and the $1190 Leesa.

Guess it depends on what type of fi*****ess you want and how much you want to spend. The Novosbed comes in different fi*****ess levels, while the Leesa is a 'one size fits all' business model.

I'm pretty sure the other companies do something similar on request, but Novosbed offers to send an additional layer of foam to anyone who is not satisfied with the fi*****ess level they've selected. It basically zips on underneath the cover and makes the mattress either more or less firm depending on your preference.

Keep in mind that those reviews don't seem to compare the quality of the foam used in the mattresses. They come in different densities and the density goes a long way towards determining how long the mattress will last and what kind of weight range it can handle. As far as I can tell, Sleepololis rates the mattress almost purely on the one guy's subjective opinion on the comfort of the mattress..
This makes sense. The "promotional" $100 off for the Novosbed is indefinite (just as a friendly FYI to anyone reviewing this; I've had a sales rep confirm this to me); it's just a marketing gimmick. On the pricing, the Novos certainly is more expensive, though all the reviews I've found indicate their return policy is pretty amazing (aside from the 60 day minimum). Also the foam insert idea is brilliant from a business perspective. It's brand new as of this year (spent a while speaking to a sales rep about it since their website changed literally over night removing their old models), but as a result there are no real reviews of it. It seems like a pretty great feature to be able to 1) remove a machine washable cover, 2) insert a foam "fi*****ess" adjustment (no extra fee, but I'm sure it's built into the base cost) if you're dissatisfied with the base fi*****ess level. Just wondering if the foam layer would negate some of the benefits of the mattress itself though.

Once again, I haven't read/heard much about the Leesa though.

EDIT: Why is fi*****ess censored?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2007
1379 posts
80 upvotes
Milton
Thanx! I've been waiting for the Leesa to come to Canada!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
2541 posts
961 upvotes
Kitchener-Waterloo, …
ehar89 wrote: This makes sense. The "promotional" $100 off for the Novosbed is indefinite (just as a friendly FYI to anyone reviewing this; I've had a sales rep confirm this to me); it's just a marketing gimmick. On the pricing, the Novos certainly is more expensive, though all the reviews I've found indicate their return policy is pretty amazing (aside from the 60 day minimum). Also the foam insert idea is brilliant from a business perspective. It's brand new as of this year (spent a while speaking to a sales rep about it since their website changed literally over night removing their old models), but as a result there are no real reviews of it. It seems like a pretty great feature to be able to 1) remove a machine washable cover, 2) insert a foam "fi*****ess" adjustment (no extra fee, but I'm sure it's built into the base cost) if you're dissatisfied with the base fi*****ess level. Just wondering if the foam layer would negate some of the benefits of the mattress itself though.

Once again, I haven't read/heard much about the Leesa though.

EDIT: Why is fi*****ess censored?
Didn't know the Novosbed $100 thing was indefinite, thanks for that. If that is the case, buying the Leesa and then returning it and getting the Novosbed if it doesn't suit you sounds like a good plan. I still worry somewhat about how hassle free they will be regarding the returns.
Painman wrote: Actually, SLTD does mention foam density and this was one of the reasons I included it.

For example:

The Leesa mattress (made in USA) consists of a four-inch low-density (3.3 lbs/ft average) foam / memory foam comfort layer over a 1.8 lbs/ft density six-inch foam base for 10 inches total thickness.
vs
Casper mattress (made in USA) has 1.5 inches of synthetic dunlop latex and 1.5 inches of high-density (4.0 lbs/ft) memory foam over 6.5 inches of 1.8 lbs/ft density support foam for 9.5 inches total thickness.

Now, how does one at 4 inches at 3.3 lbs/ft compare to another 3 inches at 4 lbs/ft? I don't know. And even if I did, I'm not sure how it would relate to my/our individual tastes in a mattress. What I tried to do was compare the ratings (and user opinions) based on my build, my wife's, how we sleep, heat retention etc etc etc. The Leesa very slightly edged out the others that I looked at - for what we want in a bed.

Mattress comparison shopping is, by design, next to impossible to do. I've always taken my best shot and hit on some, missed on others. The return policy is, for our needs, a very important factor when it comes time to pull the trigger. Happy that most manufactures now have very generous policies on this.
Sorry, was mostly referring to the Sleepopolis review. I didn't use Sleep like the dead because they didn't list most of the mattresses I was trying to compare.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)