None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4688 posts
1211 upvotes
Toronto

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - March 3rd, 2017

Looks like a huge and potentially awesome game. Between this, Star Fox, X and others, the lineup of exclusives is looking pretty good for 2015
Last edited by ReeGee on Dec 6th, 2014 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
293 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2010
1960 posts
510 upvotes

Looks really good!!!

More action in this one from E3.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2004
4688 posts
1211 upvotes
Toronto
Andrew765 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2014 1:43 am
Looks really good!!!

More action in this one from E3.
This preview was awesome but it was very clearly scripted and pre-rendered. I really like that the new premiere shows the game pretty raw and uncut. I wish they had showed more in the way of towns and gameplay but what they did show looks like a solid foundation. The game world looks huge
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10254 posts
498 upvotes
I gave my opinion in the other thread but the gameplay reveal was very underwhelming for me. If you had never seen that game or heard it was Zelda, no one would care and be slaughtering it as we speak. Since it has the Zelda name, it's getting praise left and right.

It was very underwhelming so far especially for an open world game. It may be Zelda but it looked like a poor version of Red Dead Redemption. Even the overall graphics didn't look that good from the viewpoint they gave us.
Penalty Box
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
970 upvotes
Vaughan
Looks amazing for a Zelda game. Instant purchase on this, Starfox and Majoras Mask.
Banned
Dec 30, 1969
211 posts
12 upvotes
Toronto
I wonder if theyll make ths for ps4 or xb1 or itll be exclusive to wii u. I hope not cause I dont want to buy a wii just for this game even though id want too lol
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
1927 posts
174 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2014 10:04 am
I gave my opinion in the other thread but the gameplay reveal was very underwhelming for me. If you had never seen that game or heard it was Zelda, no one would care and be slaughtering it as we speak. Since it has the Zelda name, it's getting praise left and right.

It was very underwhelming so far especially for an open world game. It may be Zelda but it looked like a poor version of Red Dead Redemption. Even the overall graphics didn't look that good from the viewpoint they gave us.
The games almost a year away from release. I prefer this to the incessant bullshots most developers would be putting out at this point.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10254 posts
498 upvotes
Ascott wrote:
Dec 6th, 2014 12:14 pm
The games almost a year away from release. I prefer this to the incessant bullshots most developers would be putting out at this point.
Just saying that GTAV, GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous all last gen games performed very well for an open-world concept. It's a year from release and I will give it time but my point was made when squadz said "looks great for a Zelda game".
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5610 posts
581 upvotes
Grimsby
It was just a showcase for what they're building, it's not supposed to be in depth. I do hope they don't go overboard with the open world stuff though, I would much rather have a smaller world with stuff to do as opposed to a big world with a lot of samey nonsense.
Penalty Box
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
970 upvotes
Vaughan
thechampion116 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2014 2:50 pm
Just saying that GTAV, GTAIV, Red Dead Redemption, Infamous all last gen games performed very well for an open-world concept. It's a year from release and I will give it time but my point was made when squadz said "looks great for a Zelda game".
Because Nintendo is the one company you can get behind when it comes to games. It's extremely rare that we'll be disappointed, especially in a Zelda game.

My posts may come off as fanboyish for Nintendo, but I don't really care. I mentioned I have other systems, but the quality of games is no where near Nintendo.

The only ones that bash the Wii U (like Beradon) are ones that haven't played it, or have no idea what they're talking about (ex. Saying Nintendo's games are for children).

I can't argue with those people. They're straight up ignorant. Nintendo keeps pumping out high quality games for their system, and sooner or later more people like myself will convert after getting sick and tired of the bull***** we're fed on other consoles.

Every forum talks about not giving money to EA or Ubisoft or insert terrible developer here, yet they still do. When you mention the Wii U, it's scoffed at, yet anyone that owns the system will tell you it's the most fun they've had all year.

Just trying to bring more light to a developer that deserves our money, that's all. Some people won't get it, and they'll be the same ones complaining after every over hyped games release about how bad it is.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5610 posts
581 upvotes
Grimsby
Nintendo makes great games for the Wii U but they're the only ones doing it these days and they're few and far between. Also for the price people want something that will play third party as well, you would see a lot less complaining if they were $200.00.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10254 posts
498 upvotes
For a matter of fact, I own the Wii U and even the 3DS and pretty much own all their first party major party titles. If anything I support Nintendo in their endeavours.

Back to the topic at hand, its Zelda and yes they are showcasing what they have so far and I still believe in my opinion even after watching it again. Agree with Redmask that Zelda does need to be a bit tighter and hopefully they shrink the world down a bit rather than going full open world with nothing to do.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2013
2732 posts
271 upvotes
Mississauga, Ontario
ChiefWin wrote:
Dec 6th, 2014 11:02 am
I wonder if theyll make ths for ps4 or xb1 or itll be exclusive to wii u. I hope not cause I dont want to buy a wii just for this game even though id want too lol
:confused:
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
2597 posts
304 upvotes
thechampion116 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2014 1:19 am
For a matter of fact, I own the Wii U and even the 3DS and pretty much own all their first party major party titles. If anything I support Nintendo in their endeavours.

Back to the topic at hand, its Zelda and yes they are showcasing what they have so far and I still believe in my opinion even after watching it again. Agree with Redmask that Zelda does need to be a bit tighter and hopefully they shrink the world down a bit rather than going full open world with nothing to do.
I partly agree with you, I wouldn't be as excited as I am with this title. However, knowing that it is a Zelda game (a nintendo game in general), they wouldn't screw one of their biggest title so I have hope that nintendo will really try their hardest to actually make it as good as it can be. I am reserving my judgement next year, when it is close to being released.

I believe that this demonstration was made to show that epona's not an idiot horse, from what I noticed, they were raving how it just doesnt run to the wall/tree/obstacle.

ChiefWin wrote:
I wouldn't hold my breathe on this one. They are adamant about keeping first party exclusive to nintendo consoles/handhelds.
Penalty Box
Aug 7, 2011
6623 posts
970 upvotes
Vaughan
thechampion116 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2014 1:19 am

Ocarina of Time wasn't really packed full of stuff in the open world either though. Sure, there was a Skulltula (?) here and there, random bad guys etc., secret holes etc., but it was really packed. Even Windwaker, which was all water and random sailing, was sort of devoid of lots of things.

I'm excited to see what they'll do with it. Zelda, from even the beginning, always gave the "epic world" vibe. Nice to see hardware allowing them to do that finally. Have to remember as well, this was a small teaser/tech demo, didn't show anything at all except the horse and background. Too early to say that there's not much content.
ChiefWin wrote:
lol what?
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel