• Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2017 12:25 pm
Tags:
None
May 9, 2007
807 posts
221 upvotes
Patch 1.1.2 is out...

According to nintendo, "Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience."

Gees could they be any more vague?

Also because it was brought up earlier jim sterling gave innovative physics and gameplay goty zelda botw... a 7/10. Meanwhile he just gave garbage indie game sexy brutale... 10/10. Me thinks he should just stop writing reviews and stick to calling out the industry on their bs practices. Wasn't it because of Jims review that caused zeldas metacritic score to drop from a 98 to 97? Ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2038 posts
190 upvotes
I like the rest of Jim's content, but his reviews have always been hot garbage.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5939 posts
776 upvotes
Grimsby
Bryson wrote:
Apr 12th, 2017 5:24 am
Patch 1.1.2 is out...

According to nintendo, "Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience."

Gees could they be any more vague?

Also because it was brought up earlier jim sterling gave innovative physics and gameplay goty zelda botw... a 7/10. Meanwhile he just gave garbage indie game sexy brutale... 10/10. Me thinks he should just stop writing reviews and stick to calling out the industry on their bs practices. Wasn't it because of Jims review that caused zeldas metacritic score to drop from a 98 to 97? Ridiculous.
This fixes the infinite arrow bug according to reddit, not sure what else it does. Korok forest performance is still pretty bad near the pedestal.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5974 posts
1273 upvotes
If you buy the abandoned house in Hateno Village and buy all the upgrades, you can store 3 melee weapons, 3 bows, and 3 shields on the mounts inside.
The only unbreakable weapon in the game is the Master Sword, which has a cooldown timer before you can use it again once its durability runs out.
There are over 170 weapons so I can see why the game designers would want players to experiment with different weapons instead of sticking to a few favourites.

An easy way to get rupees is to cook 5 gourmet meats together into a gourmet meat skewer which sells for 490 rupees.
Cooking 5 of any same item together yields at least 50 rupees per dish.

I unlocked all the The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess gear for Link using the Super Smash Bros. Link amiibo.
Jul 28, 2010
801 posts
390 upvotes
I finished the game yesterday and after clocking 80 hours since release I have no idea what to do with all this free time lol. What a masterpiece, can't wait for the DLC.
Dec 15, 2013
849 posts
179 upvotes
C A N A D A
Jotamide wrote:
Apr 13th, 2017 7:20 pm
I finished the game yesterday and after clocking 80 hours since release I have no idea what to do with all this free time lol. What a masterpiece, can't wait for the DLC.
I guess it depends what finished is..

All 900 Korok Seeds found?
100% of the map found with all the areas listed
120 Shrines?
Captured Memories?
Side Quests?
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
1429 posts
438 upvotes
GhostBusters wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 7:08 pm
I guess it depends what finished is..

All 900 Korok Seeds found?
100% of the map found with all the areas listed
120 Shrines?
Captured Memories?
Side Quests?
That's a little much...
Dec 15, 2013
849 posts
179 upvotes
C A N A D A
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Apr 16th, 2017 7:14 pm
That's a little much...
How so?

I just finished my 119th and 120th Shrine today.
I am roughly 120 Korok Seeds in...
Captured Memories is Done... I found almost all of them just exploring.
I counted my total sidequests completed against the total for sidequests... about 70% through.
Haven't touched Gannon yet but all four divine beasts done.

I am actually a little over 100 hours in. I thought I was a lot more but when I started I didn't know about the daily log you can check.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
5974 posts
1273 upvotes
To get the Complete game ending you only need to get all the Captured memories, defeat the 4 divine beats and then Calamity Ganon.

Completing the shrines helps with getting the upgrades that will make the boss fights easier obviously.

Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2038 posts
190 upvotes
I completed everything beside the Korok Seeds. Those are a giant waste of time. Not because the reward is lame, but because most of them aren't interesting enough to specifically go hunting for. Finding them during normal exploration is great and all, but hunting for them? Blegh.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5939 posts
776 upvotes
Grimsby
The Korok seeds are pretty cool when you just come across them on your own. Hunting for them ruins the novelty and makes it feel more like a Ubisoft/EA collectathon, you end up getting exasperated.

I'm almost finished with the game and what a ride its been, this game is truly a classic. I've solved every shrine myself and haven't used Youtube or the internet outside of reading patchnotes and the odd thread like this. I feel like this was only possible due to the care that went into hand crafting everything in the game. Everywhere I went there was interesting stuff to find and things lead into each other very organically. Most other games you almost need to look things up, you're blitzed with minimap icons, activities and other nonsense. What I loved about this game was that I played it like the 80s/90s version of myself used to and everything felt a lot more earned. I guess my only real beef was that I wanted 2-3 longer dungeons with a bit more challenge. Once the difficulty curve evens out a bit there is no stopping you anymore and the divine beasts weren't involved enough.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4793 posts
617 upvotes
calgary
Redmask wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 7:53 am
The Korok seeds are pretty cool when you just come across them on your own. Hunting for them ruins the novelty and makes it feel more like a Ubisoft/EA collectathon, you end up getting exasperated.

I'm almost finished with the game and what a ride its been, this game is truly a classic. I've solved every shrine myself and haven't used Youtube or the internet outside of reading patchnotes and the odd thread like this. I feel like this was only possible due to the care that went into hand crafting everything in the game. Everywhere I went there was interesting stuff to find and things lead into each other very organically. Most other games you almost need to look things up, you're blitzed with minimap icons, activities and other nonsense. What I loved about this game was that I played it like the 80s/90s version of myself used to and everything felt a lot more earned. I guess my only real beef was that I wanted 2-3 longer dungeons with a bit more challenge. Once the difficulty curve evens out a bit there is no stopping you anymore and the divine beasts weren't involved enough.
Did you get every shrine?
Im currently sitting at 89 and Im running out of Shrine quests, but I actually found 3 or 4 randomly just doing other quests over the weekend. Also Im having a bit of a difficult time figuring out some of the Shrine quest "riddles".

Im debating either not doing them all and leaving them for later or looking them up in a guide but Id hate to use a guide for anything in this game due to what you said.

I still think my favorite moment in the game was taking the path to Zora's domain. At the time It offered just the right amount of skill and it was at a point where I couldnt just climb any mountain to avoid the baddies or wipe them out with little risk due to my massive amount of hearts and divine beast abilities.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2009
5939 posts
776 upvotes
Grimsby
SpicYMchaggis wrote:
Apr 17th, 2017 11:09 am
Did you get every shrine?
Im currently sitting at 89 and Im running out of Shrine quests, but I actually found 3 or 4 randomly just doing other quests over the weekend. Also Im having a bit of a difficult time figuring out some of the Shrine quest "riddles".
I'm at 109 out of 120 (I think?) shrines. For once I'm just doing it because I want to, not for silly achievement/trophy nonsense. Some of them are devilishly clever to uncover, I found a few totally by accident. Just stick with it with the Shrine riddles and take a break once in awhile. Having a second pair of eyes doesn't hurt either, get your wife or kids to take a look once in awhile. Mine solved a bunch for me when I was too frustrated! The only really annoying parts require dragon scales but once you figure out their spawning pattern you just plop down some wood, start a fire and farm away.

The Zora/Gerudo beasts are definitely the stand outs. Also do the Tarrey Town stuff, great ending to that quest. So far I think I've done like 20-30 sidequests, the few critics that say there is nothing to do in this game have no idea what they're talking about. Some are simple and others are surprisingly involved. I just found the coliseum last night, somehow I had totally skipped that over despite it being practically next to the Great Plateau. There's just so much stuff to the game, I'm giving up on finding it all. I'll just be content with what I managed naturally and be happy that the game wasn't a grind like so many other open world titles.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4793 posts
617 upvotes
calgary
Ah yes there are a few really great side quests, I mostly avoided the ones that involve "getting 10 lizards" or whatever unless I just happened to come across them in my travels but there were some real fun and/or interesting ones. I just finished Tarry Town over the weekend and it was definitely a highlight.

I think I might just beat the game and move onto the other stuff and then do the remainder of the shrines etc when I need someone to occupy me on the go, Ive really enjoyed my time with it and I do not want it to end but I have lots of other stuff Id like to get too. Its a fun world to explore, Im not sure there has ever been a game where Ive felt the urge to explore practically every corner of the map because of what I could potentially find. I feel like I have done that here, but Im still finding new and interesting stuff. I came across the "lord of the mountain" late yesterday.
Deal Addict
May 19, 2005
3303 posts
379 upvotes
Markham
I've done pretty much all the shrines 119. The only one left is that island where they strip you of everything. Have not done the Zora beast or Goron beast. Keep getting side-tracked.

For those that did most of the shrines, some of the YouTube videos are fun to watch how differently they did it compared to what your solution is. One guy even had a speed run where he was able to complete the 2 memory shrines without even moving any of the balls. People are so creative with what they are doing with this game and the game is allowing it to happen with consistent physics.
Some people just don't get that online forum posts shouldn't always be taken seriously.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)