• Feb 12th, 2012 6:01 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 8, 2009
206 posts
13 upvotes

Is this legit??

Is this legit?

I am trying to purchase tickets from toronto to nyc and back using greyhound/megabus
For Greyhound, i found this ad, http://toronto.en.craigslist.ca/tor/tid/2844467847.html, and this person said he can sell the tickets for 140$ when it costs me 65$ *4 = 260 for 4 tickets from toronto to nyc.

For returning, I was thinking of megabus, and i found this ad "http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell ... Z352305960"
and she quoted me 98 CAD for 156USD originally.

Has anyone used their services? Are they legit? How do i know if they are legit? Should I purchase tickets from them in busterminal (Bay/Dundas) and show it to the ticketing person to ask if they are legit?

Advice will be really appreciated.

Thanks
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
3200 posts
180 upvotes
The ad doesn't say much....just use common sense if you contact the seller. And always meet in person where there's a good surveillance camera.
Nov 8, 2009
206 posts
13 upvotes
lol first one is definitely not legit
he wanted western union transfer for the money of the ticket. (greyhound)

LOL

but the second one seems legit (Megabus)
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
lkh5650 wrote: lol first one is definitely not legit
he wanted western union transfer for the money of the ticket. (greyhound)

LOL

but the second one seems legit (Megabus)

Lol.. The 2nd looks pretty shady too..
Toronto to any where for 60% of the cost. Just tell me the date, time and destination and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
That's all there Is, LOL.
Nov 8, 2009
206 posts
13 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Lol.. The 2nd looks pretty shady too..

That's all there Is, LOL.

2nd one wants to meet up tomorrow in person @ eaton center. and then she will hand me printed tickets and when she goes back home, she will email me her online receipt/itinerary
hmm
will update this post after
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
lkh5650 wrote: 2nd one wants to meet up tomorrow in person @ eaton center. and then she will hand me printed tickets and when she goes back home, she will email me her online receipt/itinerary
hmm
will update this post after
Wait...why don't you just send me the money, and I'll send you my online receipt/itinerary? :evil:

Don't do it, man...don't do it. Why doesn't she just print out the receipt and itinerary and hand it to you with the tickets?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
iamnotamerican.com wrote: Wait...why don't you just send me the money, and I'll send you my online receipt/itinerary? :evil:

Don't do it, man...don't do it. Why doesn't she just print out the receipt and itinerary and hand it to you with the tickets?

Yeah exactly.. This smells fishy.. Don't buy that "Meet up with me and pay me then I'll email you the tickets WHEN I GET HOME.." crap.
Nov 8, 2009
206 posts
13 upvotes
iamnotamerican.com wrote: Wait...why don't you just send me the money, and I'll send you my online receipt/itinerary? :evil:

yeah thats what she is doing when i hand her the money, she hands me the printed copy of the receipt and itinerary

and then shes going home to send me the email with the online version as well
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
219 upvotes
Surrey
lkh5650 wrote: yeah thats what she is doing when i hand her the money, she hands me the printed copy of the receipt and itinerary

and then shes going home to send me the email with the online version as well

Do..not...meet...this...person.

Sounds WAY too dodgy...

May be entirely legit, but the way you;ve described it, I'm not too keen on it.
Nov 8, 2009
206 posts
13 upvotes
canadiankorean wrote: Keep us updated.
I'd like to see how this turns out.

seems like legit! she met my gf in toronto dt and gave her the receipt
and then she just fwded us an email (when she got home) which she got from megabus.com when she purchased the ticket
and i logged into megabus to check if the order#/ticket# was legit and it seems like it :)

will update this after i use the ticket in nyc
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2968 posts
79 upvotes
lkh5650 wrote: seems like legit! she met my gf in toronto dt and gave her the receipt
and then she just fwded us an email (when she got home) which she got from megabus.com when she purchased the ticket
and i logged into megabus to check if the order#/ticket# was legit and it seems like it :)

will update this after i use the ticket in nyc

I checked out the link...the poster sounds like a crackpot....I suspect counterfeit tickets....there version of freedom of the press lol.

I have bookmarked this link and even if you say they are good I would not go for the deal. Ever hear of the art forger that assessed their own work as authentic? :cheesygri