Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Looking into some gear?

Two tips when it comes to the decks you choose;

1) Avoid Gemini

2) Avoid Numark

Well.. Pretty much avoid anything thats not either Tech or Vestax. But if cost is your concern, Gemini does put together some affordable packages.

If you are a learning DJ, sub-par decks will only hold you back. Take my word for it, one day your skill will be too much for a bargain deck to handle, and you'll out-grow it.

http://www.planetdj.com/

ps; Cheapgear.us is most likely not a scam.. the equipment they sell is cheap because.. well.. its cheap quality. All the brands they stock, Gemini, Gem Sound, American Pro, Pyle, etc.. all basement bargain brands.
May 18, 2012
1 posts
OSHAWA
flygo wrote: Has anyone heard of or bought from www.cheapdjgear.us?

They sell alot of DJ gear, but the prices seem a bit too good to be true - http://www.cheapdjgear.us/Gemini_TT_02_ ... /tt-02.htm

i.e. $499.99 list price --> $149.99 on their website

thanks!
yes because they dont have the items, they take your credit card and you have to fight to get your refund
made an order online april 28 2012 for a power amplifier.
I had waited one week with no response or email regrding what i had ordrered.
I called they said the item was back ordered and they did not have a clue when it would be available.
I tried to order another model to save the aggrivation of trying to get a refund they did not have anything.
So cancelled order and the told me 7 to ten days to refund back to my credit card.
I had called 3 times to only be put on hold over 20 minites each time.
Its over 12 days no refund since cancellation and counting considering i made order april 28 now may 21.
Bad place to trust with your credit card, i encourage fellow musicians and dj;s beware of this company.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
232 upvotes
MkmBandit wrote: ps; Cheapgear.us is most likely not a scam.. the equipment they sell is cheap because.. well.. its cheap quality. All the brands they stock, Gemini, Gem Sound, American Pro, Pyle, etc.. all basement bargain brands.

+1

Looking at the prices they all seem about right. List price means nothing. If I take a low end $200 speaker and say that list price is $2000 and advertise it as 90% off it seems a lot better than it actually is.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 2, 2006
6219 posts
232 upvotes
Insider wrote: 5 year old thread.

And the website is still up! I guess it isn't a scam then?

Or maybe its just a really good one.
May 3, 2020
15 posts
40 upvotes
Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but came across another cheap DJ gear website with no reviews: djgearcanada.com - anyone know if this is legit? Website registered in Quebec but business address in Alberta.

Edit: looks like it's a business in Quebec but the website contact information has Alberta as the province for some reason
Jul 14, 2013
26 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
I have the same question - just ordered a mic on BF, and now they say it's backordered... getting the heeby jeebies. paid with Paypal - website says no refunds...
Jul 14, 2013
26 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
ok - I take it back... just received my items - packed and shipped well... did a bit more research - they go by some other name "Conceptdel" which if you look in YP.com have a few good reviews from over the years... seems like a long running music store.