• Feb 15th, 2018 1:20 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15956 posts
12543 upvotes
Toronto

[LEGO] Feb 14 - free cupid Lego minifig @ Lego Discovery Centre w/admission

An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9222 posts
2588 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
First they claim all brick lovers. Then they claim this, :

"Children visiting #LDCToronto today will receive a FREE Cupid Minifigure!"

I am assuming no children, no freebie. We all know that children are the main participants of Valentine's day. Oh the irony...
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2002
15956 posts
12543 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:10 am
First they claim all brick lovers. Then they claim this, :

"Children visiting #LDCToronto today will receive a FREE Cupid Minifigure!"

I am assuming no children, no freebie. We all know that children are the main participants of Valentine's day. Oh the irony...
If it's any consolation I won a limited edition minifig from LDC awhile back. Sold it for over $355USD on Ebay!
An earlier version of this article incorrectly described a behavior of crows exposed to crow corpses. Live crows only touch, attack and attempt intercourse with crow corpses, they do not scavenge them. (Actual NYT correction)
Aug 15, 2007
472 posts
166 upvotes
Richmond Hill
They are slowly showing more AFOL love with some events open to everyone they are almost like adult events - recent Wonder Woman build and Valentine's event if I remember correctly.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9222 posts
2588 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
biggaroupa wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:27 am
They are slowly showing more AFOL love with some events open to everyone they are almost like adult events - recent Wonder Woman build and Valentine's event if I remember correctly.
Sure, but still excluded from most. This looks like a good freebie, and of course adults are excluded (at least on paper). Maybe they'll give you one if you ask, but looks like it may be a huge hassle.
Aug 15, 2007
472 posts
166 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Andro wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 11:29 am
Sure, but still excluded from most. This looks like a good freebie, and of course adults are excluded (at least on paper). Maybe they'll give you one if you ask, but looks like it may be a huge hassle.
I think Lego is just trying to make sure kids get the free gifts, because if it's open to "everyone" then the stores would just be bombarded with hoarders, and they might end up stopping these programs... which I can see that being the worse outcome for everyone.

Maybe they need to make it a cost-reduced VIP member thing?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9222 posts
2588 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Went to the store and got one, as I was in the area anyway. No child was needed, neither did I have to buy anything. Just walked in and picked it up and the store employees were very chill. I would recommend to call in advance to check stock if you are planning to go there.

The figure is nothing to special, but its free. It does not come in any bag and does not come with anything extra than you see in my pictures (figure, brown lord of the rings bow, red quiver). A bit disappointing as the photo has mini build beside it, which kind of suggested more content. Either way I am happy with it, but I would not recommend to go out of your way to get it, unless you are there anyway or close by.
Images
  • P_20180214_145601_vHDR_On.jpg
  • P_20180214_145608_vHDR_On.jpg
  • P_20180214_145621_vHDR_On.jpg