[OP]
RFD Staff Writer
Sep 13, 2015
513 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[LEGO] [LEGO Shop] 50% Off Select LEGO Dimensions Packs

Hey LEGO Dimensions enthusiasts,

Noticed that a few packs were 50% off at the LEGO Shop. Only 11 of them are 50% off -- not sure if they're marked down because they're old or unloved, but they're a good price if you need them for your collection. I did some comparison shopping and all of them are still listed at regular price at every store I checked (I included Best Buy links for those who want to PM). LEGO Shop has free shipping on orders over $35.

Fun Packs
Level Packs
Team Packs
Ice Town Costs Ice Clown His Town Crown
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1472 posts
353 upvotes
The Doctor Who level pack was really good for anybody interested - the world is also one of the best.

And I'm not even a Doctor Who fan (watched 2-3 episodes).

Waiting for Ghostbusters/Midway level packs to go on sale..... and then all the season 2 stuff.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
4155 posts
1259 upvotes
signore wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 7:45 pm
The Doctor Who level pack was really good for anybody interested - the world is also one of the best.

Waiting for Ghostbusters/Midway level packs to go on sale..... and then all the season 2 stuff.
Do you need some sort of game to play this?
Sep 17, 2014
45 posts
6 upvotes
New Westminster, BC
I don't think BEST BUY price matches the Lego store...

A shame too, because I only want Zane, but shipping for just him ruins the deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1737 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 8:08 pm
signore wrote:

U need the actual game with the portal to play. It's about $80 in Costco now.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2016
4155 posts
1259 upvotes
matt4670 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 8:44 pm
vivibaby wrote:
signore wrote:

Do you think it's worth it? Is this geared toward adults or kids?
Mar 30, 2015
251 posts
117 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got the Scooby-Doo set. Jurassic World is OOS.
Free shipping for orders $35 and up (Hello keychains!).

Will these prices be the same at (physical) Lego stores?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4226 posts
615 upvotes
godstriker8 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2016 8:22 pm
I don't think BEST BUY price matches the Lego store...

A shame too, because I only want Zane, but shipping for just him ruins the deal.
I have PMed BB with Lego store Web site over the phone in the past, specifically on these things.

I already have all these unfortunately, waiting for Midway or any of the Year 2 to go on sale...
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
3858 posts
3031 upvotes
Toronto
vivibaby wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 2:06 am
matt4670 wrote:
vivibaby wrote:

All the Lego games work pretty much the same. They're for kids or adults who enjoy playing around with the licenses (e.g. A-Team, Indiana Jones), but the gameplay isn't challenging. If you've never played any Lego games before, rather than investing in the starter kit and then packs (unless there's a license you REALLY need to play), I would suggest playing Lego Batman 3 or Lego Marvel Superheroes (whether you're on Team DC or Marvel) which you can get relatively cheap since they're older, but will give you an idea of whether you want to play more Lego games.

See online for tons of reviews and Let's Play videos, etc.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1472 posts
353 upvotes
vivibaby wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 2:06 am
matt4670 wrote:
vivibaby wrote:

If you like the LEGO games, then definitely yes. The base game is the best and most polished LEGO games I've played (and I've played most). You can enjoy the whole campaign with just the starter pack which has been on sale a bunch of times for as low as $50-60. The story packs from there a bit hit and miss.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1737 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
What are the best and worst story packs in your opinion?
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2009
1472 posts
353 upvotes
matt4670 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 1:03 pm
What are the best and worst story packs in your opinion?
I bought all of the below at $15 which is the right price for what you're getting (as I don't really care about collecting the actual figures).

Back to the Future - The level was okay, but really short. The world is great though, and changes into 3 time states. Story pack is worth it for $15, but otherwise getting the standalone Doc Brown at 50% off maybe best
Portal 2 - Skip if you're not a Portal fan. The level was great (but short) and had some clever puzzles. The world is a little bland.
Simpsons - I skipped this one as I'd heard it was terrible. Watched a YouTube playthrough and glad I did. The world is pretty good, but disappointing it doesn't have the original music. Would just pick up Krusty or Bart fun packs.
Dr. Who - The only add-on level that felt up to the standard of the main game. The world is also really big as well.

Really disappointed with how they've handled season 2. Would have liked a proper sequel rather than all these standalone packs.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2006
1737 posts
435 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. I've only played the ninjago world which I think it's pretty big. How is it compared to Dr. Who? I also have the cyberman from Dr. Who's series. Will I have access to that world?
Deal Addict
May 8, 2002
4226 posts
615 upvotes
matt4670 wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 2:22 pm
Thanks. I've only played the ninjago world which I think it's pretty big. How is it compared to Dr. Who? I also have the cyberman from Dr. Who's series. Will I have access to that world?
Any character from a specific world can access the world they're from (ie Cyberman can access Dr Who world), but you need to buy the specific level pack to have the world specific level (ie Cyberman can't access the Dr Who level, only the doctor can unlock it)
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1218 posts
246 upvotes
Ottawa
Drat, the only packs we are looking for from year 1 are Jurassic World and Midway. Plus, we just did our big Xmas Lego order last week.

I was expecting more year 1 clearance at this point. At least I learned my lesson with year 2 and didn't pre-order anything. There has been lots of stock and sales throughout the year, and I am hesitant to buy any year 2 packs not on sale.
signore wrote:
Oct 18th, 2016 1:22 pm
Really disappointed with how they've handled season 2. Would have liked a proper sequel rather than all these standalone packs.
TT Games has claimed from day one that the original starter pack will be good for several years worth of releases. It is much better than other toys-to-life games that have required a new ~$100 base every year.