Ongoing Deal Discussion

[LEGO] Offical Lego Thread - Sales, Deals and Other Chat

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2019 10:20 am
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1141 posts
273 upvotes
Toronto
I got the same canceling email for my order of Medieval Market Village. Not happy :mad: but don't know what other recourse I have ...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
84 upvotes
Hodge wrote:
Apr 13th, 2010 1:02 pm
Not very happy right now. Just got this from TRU:

We are reaching out to you today regarding your pre-order for the LEGO
Pirates Imperial Flag Ship and the LEGO Castle - Medieval Market
Village?. At this time, we do not anticipate receiving additional
inventory from our vendor. As a result, your order will be cancelled.
(Note: You will receive a separate email confirming the cancellation).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We would like to offer you the following, LEGO Star Wars - Dropship with
Walker with a $50 discount and free shipping, or free shipping off of
your next order. Please refer to your cancelled order when calling to
get the offer.


:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know some people reporting getting the Medieval Village, but did anyone who ordered the Flagship get theirs? This really sucks, my son and I were really looking forward to these.
That suck! I was gonna order the MMV in a couple of months.... looks like Im SOL.
Newbie
Sep 30, 2008
83 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Got the email as well. Was looking forward to getting those cows. :)
Newbie
User avatar
Mar 30, 2010
34 posts
(403)
Hodge wrote:
Apr 13th, 2010 1:02 pm
Not very happy right now. Just got this from TRU:

We are reaching out to you today regarding your pre-order for the LEGO
Pirates Imperial Flag Ship and the LEGO Castle - Medieval Market
Village?. At this time, we do not anticipate receiving additional
inventory from our vendor. As a result, your order will be cancelled.
(Note: You will receive a separate email confirming the cancellation).
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We would like to offer you the following, LEGO Star Wars - Dropship with
Walker with a $50 discount and free shipping, or free shipping off of
your next order. Please refer to your cancelled order when calling to
get the offer.


:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I know some people reporting getting the Medieval Village, but did anyone who ordered the Flagship get theirs? This really sucks, my son and I were really looking forward to these.

I got the exact same email for the Imperial Flagship that was advertised with the sale back in late Feb. It's sucks... it was such a sweet deal but it was officially cancelled. No way I was going to accept the $50 off dropship...that isn't even a deal and the set isn't even that nice. If you going to drop $329... you might as well just add save up and get the Lego Death Star or UFC Millenium Falcon.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 23, 2007
935 posts
1272 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Toys R Us has some basic block sets on sale for 25% off this week (starting April 16). Good to start a collection I think:

Ultimate Lego Building Set NOW $29.97 reg. $39.99 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=2874824
Pink Brick Box Large NOW $29.97 reg. $39.99 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=3575015
Pink Brick Box NOW $14.97 reg. $19.99 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=2984392
Road Construction Set NOW $23.97 reg. $31.99 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=2984394
Member
Jul 7, 2005
237 posts
20 upvotes
stony wrote:
Apr 15th, 2010 5:47 pm
Toys R Us has some basic block sets on sale for 25% off this week (starting April 16). Good to start a collection I think:

Ultimate Lego Building Set NOW $29.97 reg. $39.99 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=2874824
Pink Brick Box Large NOW $29.97 reg. $39.99 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=3575015
Pink Brick Box NOW $14.97 reg. $19.99 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=2984392
Road Construction Set NOW $23.97 reg. $31.99 http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=2984394
Damm -- ordered Ultimate set from Amazon USA for same price roughly,and the road construction set for 20.

Couldn't find Ultimate set anywhere in CAN
Newbie
Sep 20, 2008
76 posts
27 upvotes
Ajax
I was just at Wal-mart and I picked up the 7632 City Crawler Crane for $10 and the 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty for $30. I had a Crawler Crane from when it was on for $50 but I could not pass-up getting one for $10.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 30, 2006
4578 posts
224 upvotes
phnxgold wrote:
Apr 17th, 2010 5:39 pm
I was just at Wal-mart and I picked up the 7632 City Crawler Crane for $10 and the 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty for $30. I had a Crawler Crane from when it was on for $50 but I could not pass-up getting one for $10.
WTF? It's $10 now??? Which Walmart is this??
Newbie
Sep 20, 2008
76 posts
27 upvotes
Ajax
Canada_7 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2010 6:54 pm
WTF? It's $10 now??? Which Walmart is this??
I grabbed the only one I saw at the Ajax location.

There were 2 other pirate ships left though...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 30, 2006
4578 posts
224 upvotes
phnxgold wrote:
Apr 17th, 2010 7:47 pm
I grabbed the only one I saw at the Ajax location.

There were 2 other pirate ships left though...
Well...your location really threw me off your trail I suppose. Ajax? Way too out of the way for me.
Newbie
Jul 12, 2007
60 posts
Mississauga, ON
phnxgold wrote:
Apr 17th, 2010 5:39 pm
I was just at Wal-mart and I picked up the 7632 City Crawler Crane for $10 and the 6243 Brickbeard's Bounty for $30. I had a Crawler Crane from when it was on for $50 but I could not pass-up getting one for $10.
wow cool!! that's too far for me.. sorry for the PM
Sr. Member
Dec 18, 2006
886 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
phnxgold wrote:
Apr 17th, 2010 7:47 pm
I grabbed the only one I saw at the Ajax location.

There were 2 other pirate ships left though...
Thanks, will go by walmart tomorrow to have a look, seems like slim pickings now.
Sr. Member
Dec 18, 2006
886 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
phnxgold wrote:
Apr 17th, 2010 7:47 pm
I grabbed the only one I saw at the Ajax location.

There were 2 other pirate ships left though...
Was at 2 Walmarts today but the crane scanned at $40 and the pirate ship was $60+, customer service counters also could not verify it to be $10... perhaps only at Ajax store :| Good for you to get it, thanks.
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 31, 2004
2976 posts
565 upvotes
k288 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2010 5:29 pm
Was at 2 Walmarts today but the crane scanned at $40 and the pirate ship was $60+, customer service counters also could not verify it to be $10... perhaps only at Ajax store :| Good for you to get it, thanks.
That's very possible...Managers can establish their own clearence prices...I know that some stores/managers are a lot, um, stingier (for lack of a better word), than other's.

IE, when they were clearing the Lego Batman line a couple years ago, I saw the Batwing set for about $40 at one store, and then picked up a couple for only $10 each at a different WM in a different part of town.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 30, 2006
4578 posts
224 upvotes
k288 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2010 5:29 pm
Was at 2 Walmarts today but the crane scanned at $40 and the pirate ship was $60+, customer service counters also could not verify it to be $10... perhaps only at Ajax store :| Good for you to get it, thanks.
Lol guess I wasn't the only one going around looking for this. Yeah...I went around calling locations in Scarborough since phnxgold's location said Scarborough and all of them either were out of stock or selling for $40 or $50 still.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 4 guests)

ValeGolo, joey1234