• Last Updated:
  • Oct 13th, 2019 10:20 am
Dec 18, 2006
886 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Canada_7 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2010 5:52 pm
Lol guess I wasn't the only one going around looking for this. Yeah...I went around calling locations in Scarborough since phnxgold's location said Scarborough and all of them either were out of stock or selling for $40 or $50 still.
Oh well, too bad Ajax didn't have a boat load of these.... or else we can all plan a road trip there. LOL
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
84 upvotes
Whats the news on the LEGO minifig collection (The random figs that come in sealed bags that are being released this year). Are they gonna be available in Canada? What stores?
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
Sep 30, 2001
27798 posts
6864 upvotes
Toronto
FrogPrince wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 10:11 am
Whats the news on the LEGO minifig collection (The random figs that come in sealed bags that are being released this year). Are they gonna be available in Canada? What stores?
For those who don't know:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmillington/4144722510/

One blog I read mentioned it could be an assortment of parts in a bag (i.e. clown head, wrestler torso) which you then assemble once you've found the other pieces.

Either way I propose we setup an RFD trading/buy/sell Lego club. no profiting - just lego fans trying to assemble a complete set at retail pricing. so if it takes 5 bags to get 1 figure then someone would only pay for say price of those 5 bags (or something equally as reasonable). heh or maybe we should do a group buy on a case or something?

Better to do it here amongst like-minded collectors than on ebay :(

This is just wave 1 for about two months. wave 2 will be August :| We're going to be on top of this!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1381 posts
117 upvotes
Is there any were I can get information on these mini figs? I may have to renew my lego collection :) Currently have all the Indiana jones set, built and displayed in my basement next to the entire figure collection, and well my Offical Jacket to boot :)

Winky
Jun 25, 2002
126 posts
2 upvotes
Where's the cheapest place for me to pick up some duplo for my kid? (2.5yrs)

Thanks,
Nov 24, 2007
951 posts
433 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 11:54 am
For those who don't know:
[url]One blog I read mentioned it could be an assortment of parts in a bag (i.e. clown head, wrestler torso) which you then assemble once you've found the other pieces.
That's incorrect. The minifigs have already been sent out to some "on the in" people in Europe, and there are many reviews of them on the net. The complete minifigs will come in a plastic polybag like hockey cards, so you won't know which one you'll buy. But rest assured, you will get 1 complete collectible minifig per bag.

To identify which minifig is in each bag, there's 2 ways. You can feel for the special parts of each minfig through the polybag, or you can identify them by looking at the unnumbered barcode. The European/UK barcodes have already been cataloged, but of course it's of no use to us here in North America. Once the US polybags start showing up the Lego community will jump right on it and catalog those ones.

Series 1 will run from May 1 to September, then Series 2 will be released. So better get on your hands on them quick! A lot of people have already placed pre-orders for cases of Series 1 minifigs. Each display case contains 60 individual polybags with 3 complete sets of the 16 minifigs, and the remaining 12 pieces will be random. So there is no "rare" minifig, it's just time limited. Prices are $2USD each, and will most likely be sold @ Toys R Us here in Canada. If not, Lego Shop @ Home will definitely carry them.

1st pic is series 1, 2nd pic is series 2.

[IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4008/454 ... ab0957.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4072/454 ... 3119da.jpg[/IMG]
Nov 24, 2007
951 posts
433 upvotes
spyglass wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 1:02 pm
Kijiji.
Sep 30, 2001
27798 posts
6864 upvotes
Toronto
dingmah wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 1:49 pm
That's incorrect.
Thanks for the correction.

so when and where can we in Canada buy pre-order the case for wave 1?

edit: went to my obvious source and found these:
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail

Anyone want to split this somehow? :P
Nov 24, 2007
951 posts
433 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 1:58 pm
Thanks for the correction.

so when and where can we in Canada buy these figures for wave 1?
It was apparently suppose to be released in June, but unofficially it looks like it'll be released on May 1st. So the verdict is still out on that. I'll post here when the date is official.

Toys R Us Canada will probably carry them, but your best bet is Lego Shop @ Home online. For anyone who lives near the border or traveling to the States, the Lego Stores will definitely carry the minifigs.
Sep 30, 2001
27798 posts
6864 upvotes
Toronto
dingmah wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 2:05 pm
It was apparently suppose to be released in June, but unofficially it looks like it'll be released on May 1st. So the verdict is still out on that. I'll post here when the date is official.

Toys R Us Canada will probably carry them, but your best bet is Lego Shop @ Home online. For anyone who lives near the border or traveling to the States, the Lego Stores will definitely carry the minifigs.
hmm but i wonder if the lego store will sell cases like BBTS or just random individual figures.

also what will be the distribution break down. i.e. will it be 1:16 for each figure or will some figures be 'rarer' than others.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2010
3553 posts
84 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 2:33 pm
hmm but i wonder if the lego store will sell cases like BBTS or just random individual figures.

also what will be the distribution break down. i.e. will it be 1:16 for each figure or will some figures be 'rarer' than others.
I just want to buy a few of these figs. I want to find them in store and "feel out" the bags for the figures I want. I don't want to spend $250 on a whole case of these.
RFD OT: Serious answers to stupid questions.
RFD Definition of 'troll': Someone whose opinion you don't like.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1381 posts
117 upvotes
ans2 wrote:
Apr 7th, 2010 9:34 am
You are right that most retail stores like Walmart and Zellers will not carry $200 plus Lego sets. That is to be expected. It is hard to see their regular customers spending that kind of money on a single toy.

But I purchased several Star Wars Tantive (2001) sets at our local Toys R Us. I don't recall the exact price I paid but the suggested US retail price at the time was $200 US.

"Great White" (I think that is the store name) in the South Center Mall in Calgary carries several of the larger ($200 plus) sets. Lego refers to some of these sets as Hard to Find because the main stream retailers like Walmart and Zellers don't carry these sets. Check out Toys R Us.ca. They have the Fire Brigade as well as others.

Great White in South Centre is a rip off!!!. They charge on average %30 more for each set, I know they care the old Death Star and its $600 or $700. Selection there is very limited. For Exclusives or larger sets, lego.com is your best bet, with the odd time TRU has them. Smaller stuff in calgary I prefer Discovery Hut, good selection and same price as lego.com.

Winky Out

So they are coming out with Harry Potter again eh? I wish they would have More Indiana jones sets, I really hope its true that its just on hold while they do Prince of Persia sets. There was so much more they needed to do, since they never had a big set from Last crusade!!!! Which reminds me if anyone has the Arkham asylum Batman set (got one for $50 about 1.5 year ago at winners) they are now selling for $300-600 online as an fyi, we bought one, but my son has it in a million pieces and im not sure if wanna spend a week sorting lol
Apr 5, 2010
52 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
spyglass wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2010 1:02 pm

Thanks,
Wait and hunt for sales. Toysrus usually has deals on duplo all the time.
Apr 5, 2010
52 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
This week at walmart.

All Ben 10 $16.86
Arc Starfighter $64.86
Neptune Carrier $64.86
Toys N Bricks (www.toysnbricks.com)
Canada's Greatest Destination for the Latest LEGO News! Follow us on FaceBook, and Twitter.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2976 posts
565 upvotes
bluedragonz wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2010 12:06 pm
This week at walmart.

All Ben 10 $16.86
Arc Starfighter $64.86
Neptune Carrier $64.86
Did you see these in a flyer, or in-store? IF store, which one?

EDIT: Disregard...saw them in the flyer...Thanks!!!!

A fair bit better price on the Arc, but still not as good as BN.com

Saw TRUs flyer last night...they got NOTHING this week! FAIL!
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)