[LEGO] Offical Lego Thread - Sales, Deals and Other Chat

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2019 11:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2956 posts
498 upvotes
So, finally just found my TRU flyer...in a fricken snow bank!!!
They have quite a bit on sale this week...

- ALL sets regular $79.99, on sale for $69.97

- ALL sets regular $27.99, are 2 for $40 (says 10 to choose from)

- ALL sets regular $34.99, are 2 for $60 (says 8 to choose from)

Not too bad...but not spectacular either.

EDIT: They also have a MOTHER's DAY promo on May 8th from noon-2pm....MAKE A MOTHER'S DAY LEGO FLOWER....100 per store! Doesn't say anything about cost...but does state "COURTESY OF LEGO", so I am guessing FREE!!!
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Mar 10, 2007
102 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Well the collectible mini-fig cases should be arriving in early June. Not sure how much of course till it arrives, since sometimes it's short shipped etc. But for sure we'll have lots of them available.

But it was in theory a one time purchase/stores had to purchase the first wave in JUNE only, after that it's gone/probably sold out anyways given the hype it's been given.

But to make things fair we may have to limit people to just grabbing a bag/no bar code reading/no bar code scanning etc. we deal mostly with families/kids now, and we want it to be fair to all. Right?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2956 posts
498 upvotes
ltbuyer wrote:
May 1st, 2010 11:07 pm
Well the collectible mini-fig cases should be arriving in early June. Not sure how much of course till it arrives, since sometimes it's short shipped etc. But for sure we'll have lots of them available.

But it was in theory a one time purchase/stores had to purchase the first wave in JUNE only, after that it's gone/probably sold out anyways given the hype it's been given.

But to make things fair we may have to limit people to just grabbing a bag/no bar code reading/no bar code scanning etc. we deal mostly with families/kids now, and we want it to be fair to all. Right?
I would guess that it's even going to be more random than that...I would think they are all going to contain the same barcode...I guess it's possible, but I am thinking, based on this pic, it's all going to be the same....and even why the have all of the "?" question marks all over the packaging.

Who knows, maybe there is only 1 DIVER fig in every case...
[IMG]http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/73/4 ... aeb963.jpg[/IMG]
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

Nov 24, 2007
860 posts
337 upvotes
robskot wrote:
May 2nd, 2010 1:20 am
I would guess that it's even going to be more random than that...I would think they are all going to contain the same barcode...I guess it's possible, but I am thinking, based on this pic, it's all going to be the same....and even why the have all of the "?" question marks all over the packaging.

Who knows, maybe there is only 1 DIVER fig in every case...
I'll report back on just what the distribution per case is when my order comes in :)
Mar 10, 2007
102 posts
5 upvotes
Mississauga
Until I see them, yes it's hard to tell what LEGO is doing. Stories have ranged from originally bags of random parts for random figs, to now complete figs, but the distribution is unknown. Some people say 3 complete sets, with the rest as random, so 12 random. Who knows!!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2956 posts
498 upvotes
Doubtful it's correct and will be honored, but tis true on the site right now...as per THIS THREAD.

But with this, S@H is having a 2 day LEGO STAR WARS Sale...with a chance to win 1 of 2 Bronzed Boba Fetts'....

http://shop.lego.com/Promotion/Default.aspx?SW2010
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2956 posts
498 upvotes
dingmah wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 2:58 am
A little off topic... but an official Lego store is opening up in Chinook Mall in Cowtown!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-jobs-sales-r ... Z201912205
Well great...that ought to bankrupt me. You seem to know quite a bit, say on an internal level...when is it due open?

It will be nice to have one closer than Seattle.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

Mar 30, 2010
34 posts
(403)
robskot wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 3:11 am
Well great...that ought to bankrupt me. You seem to know quite a bit, say on an internal level...when is it due open?

It will be nice to have one closer than Seattle.

looks like the first Lego Store in Canada (correct me if I'm wrong!) but yeah super excited! & I live in Calgary too.

BTW: for those interested in the Millenium Falcon it's seems it's already SOLD OUT.
Nov 24, 2007
860 posts
337 upvotes
mixtape wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 1:30 pm
looks like the first Lego Store in Canada (correct me if I'm wrong!) but yeah super excited! & I live in Calgary too.

BTW: for those interested in the Millenium Falcon it's seems it's already SOLD OUT.
Yep, 1st in Canada! I can't believe it'll be right in my own city too. I never thought that would happen.

As for the Millennium Falcons... they're all being canceled as we speak.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2004
1372 posts
111 upvotes
Has anyone found a Canadian retailer or store were we can Pre order/order a case of the Mini Figures?

Winky
Nov 24, 2007
860 posts
337 upvotes
mrwinky wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 1:46 pm
Has anyone found a Canadian retailer or store were we can Pre order/order a case of the Mini Figures?
Do not order it in Canada, because each Minifig is priced for $2.99CAD. So a display case of 60 will cost you at least $180.

It's better to order from a US retailer, because our dollar is still so strong. In USD it's priced @ $2 each, or $120 for 60.

Here's one online US store, including shipping is still cheaper than Canadian retail price.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu ... egory=6392
Sep 30, 2001
27450 posts
6433 upvotes
Toronto
dingmah wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 1:51 pm
Do not order it in Canada, because each Minifig is priced for $2.99CAD. So a display case of 60 will cost you at least $180.
guess we wont know until someone gets their fist shipment, but do you think a case of 60 is sufficient to complete (min) one set or do you think a master case of 120 is required?
Mar 4, 2007
350 posts
40 upvotes
dingmah wrote:
May 3rd, 2010 1:45 pm
Yep, 1st in Canada! I can't believe it'll be right in my own city too. I never thought that would happen.

As for the Millennium Falcons... they're all being canceled as we speak.
Nope, not ALL, look like Lego will honor up the 2 falcon by customers at the price error.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 3 guests)

priceman, tekkamanraiden, alphahunter