• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 11:27 am
Jul 14, 2014
162 posts
31 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Shozzking wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 3:31 pm
I want to buy one of the more complex sets to build and I was looking at the Bugatti (I found the Porsche incredibly fun to build) but I was just wondering what everyone would recommend for ~$400. Or should I save up until June and get the Millennium Falcon?
My suggestion Lego Technic 42070

Its a gateway drug to Technic models
Jun 11, 2017
116 posts
53 upvotes
Airdrie
GreenCap wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 12:04 pm
My point is, if I buy 20 used Lego sets. Can I replace all the broken/missing pieces for free? Thanks!
I know of people who have gotten banned from LEGO online for abusing it. You would no longer be able to use their site for buying sets, parts (bricks and pieces or pick a brick) or any future missing pieces.

I don’t think it’s worth the risk for getting a few free bricks...
May 7, 2010
504 posts
232 upvotes
Edmonton
GreenCap wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 12:04 pm
My point is, if I buy 20 used Lego sets. Can I replace all the broken/missing pieces for free? Thanks!
Yes you can, but at the same time it will affect the LEGO community (tighter policies). Really depends on your conscience... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4914 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto
GreenCap wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 11:54 am
How many times can you request free replacement bricks on the Lego website before they charge you?
gotta love newbies looking for ways to scam

reminder, this thread is mainly to spread lego deals, Hot lego deals as it resides in hot deals section of the forum
May 26, 2016
62 posts
32 upvotes
joey1234 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 12:08 pm
You can do whatever you want. The system was made for missing pieces from new sets. I purchase pieces from Bricks and Pieces and BrickLink.
KirbyLight wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 1:06 pm
I know of people who have gotten banned from LEGO online for abusing it. You would no longer be able to use their site for buying sets, parts (bricks and pieces or pick a brick) or any future missing pieces.

I don’t think it’s worth the risk for getting a few free bricks...
4gothow2playwc3 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 1:10 pm
Yes you can, but at the same time it will affect the LEGO community (tighter policies). Really depends on your conscience... Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Thank you for your answers!
ez_86 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 1:28 pm
gotta love newbies looking for ways to scam
Not looking to scam at all, getting informed. And yes, I’m a newbie.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2012
1372 posts
468 upvotes
Toronto
ez_86 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 1:28 pm
reminder, this thread is mainly to spread lego deals, Hot lego deals as it resides in hot deals section of the forum
Might be worth moving to discussion area as I would say at least 50% of content is not deals related.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4914 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto

Always great to support a local show
Dec 19, 2004
167 posts
9 upvotes
ez_86 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 2:59 pm
I have never been to a local show. Can you actually find good deals at a local show? If a set is still being sold at Toys R Us, Walmart etc., would I be able to find a better deal at a show? Thanks.
Mar 21, 2008
484 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
ez_86 wrote:
Mar 26th, 2019 2:59 pm

is there a website with more details?

sounds cool... is it big?? is it random vendors selling at booths?? new and used or only new?

tried looking at calendar of events for the rec center but the lego event is not on the calendar??
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2007
4914 posts
1195 upvotes
Toronto
show prices are usually a little below "market value "
Nov 10, 2016
680 posts
237 upvotes
BC
Received this this morning:
We’re super excited to let you know we’re making improvements to the LEGO® VIP program!

Thanks to feedback we’ve had from our awesome VIP customers, we’ve been working on some great ideas that will make your membership even better.

We’re making things better
In the coming months, we’ll be launching an online rewards center that will introduce some new ways to earn and spend VIP points.

To support our Planet Promise, we’ll also be going digital with VIP cards. Physical cards will be available for anyone who still wants one.

When it’s all happening
We’re working hard on the updates and you’ll see the first changes come into effect in two months from now.

Your points will still be available
All your existing VIP points will still be available and worth the exact same value. All your points will be valid for at least 18 months. We’ll reset the clock on all your points every time you earn or spend any points, so you can use them for longer. Yay!

You’ll still be able to use your points to get discounts at LEGO Stores and on shop.LEGO.com. You’ll also be able to manage your points through the online rewards center (you’ll need internet to access it).

Do I need to do anything?
For the time being, we suggest you make sure that your VIP account is registered. This means that your VIP Account is linked to an online LEGO Account.
Jan 17, 2011
77 posts
111 upvotes
Vancouver
thebay.com doesn't have any lego sale at this moment but you can use code FRIENDS for an additional 20% off with bay card or 15% all methods of payment.

under lego clearance you will find the following which if you use the FRIENDS code you will get 15% off.

Batman Movie Bane Toxic Truck Attack $38.67 ==> $34.80
Ninjago Movie Piranha Attack $14.87 ==> $13.38

I paid $38.67 for Bane Toxic Truck Attack only a few days ago so the $3.87 additional savings will get you a cup of Starbucks coffee.
Mar 21, 2008
484 posts
135 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
alphahunter wrote:
Mar 28th, 2019 12:32 pm
Saw this posted on Instagram. Sponsored ad
I think this is one of those situations where “Buy now, think later” does not apply

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 2 guests)

GreenCap, NLOWest, joey1234