Entertainment

The Official RFD LEGO General Discussion Thread

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2024 2:40 am
Dec 7, 2012
480 posts
969 upvotes
Is the batwing (which is showing on back order now) a new thing, or it’s always been on the lego site and I missed seeing it before? *Worth it to buy now? *context is this likely to continue to be offered down the road?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Legoholic wrote: Yes... and no. Sometimes I realize I actually like/want/*need* a set only when it goes on clearance. Then I am happy if I can find it at MSRP before prices on secondary market start going up. I am not talking about the lame sets that nobody wants even at discounts.

On the other hand, I have a hard time understanding the outrageous prices people are paying for GWPs that are still available at Lego S@h. Why wouldn't you get a set and the GWP for free is beyond me.
I think you are referring to sets that get retired... that’s when the regret kicks in... but walmart clearance usually happens well before lego stores sell out in store (online sells out faster)...

Yes, some ppl are asking crazy prices for the GWP sets but bear in mind, if you are looking at “sold” listings on ebay then remember, these sales could be from North American sellers but very well be to buyers in the UK where the book of monsters GWP sold out VERY quickly... so over there buying from resellers is the only way... They will go up in value over time here in Canada too

i still can’t believe that spending $150 (including $75 of HP) gave us 4 GWP sets... this deal will go down in the history books...

From a “value” perspective (not re-seller perspective) the breakdown is crazy... here’s how i would value each item on the safe side... being conservative here... not for reselling but just to know the “value” of what you are getting...

- train polybag $5
- book of monsters $45
- ideas car $30
- skating rink $30

so, spend $150, get $110 in GWP items... just crazy.... in time the GWP will go up as well....
Nov 16, 2020
31 posts
11 upvotes
priceman wrote: I think you are referring to sets that get retired... that’s when the regret kicks in... but walmart clearance usually happens well before lego stores sell out in store (online sells out faster)...

Yes, some ppl are asking crazy prices for the GWP sets but bear in mind, if you are looking at “sold” listings on ebay then remember, these sales could be from North American sellers but very well be to buyers in the UK where the book of monsters GWP sold out VERY quickly... so over there buying from resellers is the only way... They will go up in value over time here in Canada too

i still can’t believe that spending $150 (including $75 of HP) gave us 4 GWP sets... this deal will go down in the history books...

From a “value” perspective (not re-seller perspective) the breakdown is crazy... here’s how i would value each item on the safe side... being conservative here... not for reselling but just to know the “value” of what you are getting...

- train polybag $5
- book of monsters $45
- ideas car $30
- skating rink $30

so, spend $150, get $110 in GWP items... just crazy.... in time the GWP will go up as well....
I thought they brought back the skating rink when the ideas car sold out? Unless you got it in store. That's crazy value though.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
kevkwan wrote: There's a stay at home order. The Arc'teryx jacket won't help you through it, the Ninjago set will. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
My line of work is essential. Cyber Security. Lol.
Chubnyah wrote: Call Lego Customer service - they will do right by you and get you the VIP points
Sent an email but they said they're busy. Gotta wait 7 to 10 business days.
Blanka
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
Is there a 90% chance that this will be available for purchase on Feb 1st 2021 if I do not order it now?

I still have not built other sets acquired within the past few months. Is there a chance that this will come back sometime during the year if I do not order it on the 14th of Jan or 1st of Feb?

I do not care about the 2000 VIP points. More so the toll it'll take on my CC bill LOL.
Blanka
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
dcmanitopyes wrote: I thought they brought back the skating rink when the ideas car sold out? Unless you got it in store. That's crazy value though.
All four GWP were in store only... Sherway may still have them all
Oct 14, 2020
806 posts
329 upvotes
djemzine wrote: My line of work is essential. Cyber Security. Lol.
Sent an email but they said they're busy. Gotta wait 7 to 10 business days.
Call, don't do e-mails. It makes a difference.
priceman wrote: All four GWP were in store only... Sherway may still have them all
I'm surprised they still do - if only that was a convenient location for me....
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Chubnyah wrote: I'm surprised they still do - if only that was a convenient location for me....
I live 1 minute away from sherway... a little too convenient...... way too convenient....
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
Chubnyah wrote: Also, you might be like Ralph - bought every set you wanted but there is an awesome GWP that just came out and you just want 1.. nvm.. bad example, Ralph will just buy a duplicate set... Face With Tears Of Joy
nope.....

I will buy "TWO" more duplicate sets Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes Always one for me and usually one for my Daughter/Grandkids
Last edited by Ralphael on Jan 13th, 2021 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
djemzine wrote: I am still confused to order tonight or wait till Feb 1st lol. That Arc'Teryx jacket from The Last Hunt ain't helping lol.
don't wait.... don't listen to ppl who posts on RFD....

ok.... don't listen to me....

buy first because you can always return it..... and when february 1st comes around buy again if you want the GWP right?
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Ralphael wrote: don't wait.... don't listen to ppl who posts on RFD....

buy first because you can always return it..... and when february 1st comes around buy again if you want the GWP right?
we don’t even know what the GWP is for Feb... i wouldn’t expect much after this past crazy month...
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
Ralphael wrote: don't wait.... don't listen to ppl who posts on RFD....

How is the return policy like?
Blanka
Oct 14, 2020
806 posts
329 upvotes
priceman wrote: I live 1 minute away from sherway... a little too convenient...... way too convenient....
You're slacking! I would have expected you to clean house already lol
Ralphael wrote: nope.....

I will buy "TWO" more duplicate sets Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes Always one for me and usually one for my Daughter/Grandkids
You edited the post twice... :rolleyes: I have a feeling you wrote "FOUR" first and then went to "THREE" and now to "TWO",,,, yeah.. that must be it
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
There is always one rule of being a AFOL and that is to buy first, decide later because as an Adult you really have the power of Credit Cards where you can buy and return lego sets,

You also have the power to drive hundreds of miles just to buy a lego set for $5 saving you $4 but spending $20 on gas, so buy when you can as often as you can. Then when the day is over and you are surrounded by Lego Sets, then you decide what sets to keep and what sets you return... usually none... because you bought all of them on sale!!
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Chubnyah wrote: You're slacking! I would have expected you to clean house already lol
I did go a little overboard but had to contain myself... they said they have loads of the GWP in stock... i figured they would sell out on the 10th but they did not get very many SLF sets in so that didn’t help... after tomorrow i expect them to be OOS of at least the car and skating rink... only time will tell
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
djemzine wrote: How is the return policy like?
oh wait... this is a $400 lego set... so you cannot return it to the lego shop.... my bad.... don't buy it Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
Ralphael wrote: oh wait... this is a $400 lego set... so you cannot return it to the lego shop.... my bad.... don't buy it Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
I don't understand... We can't return Lego sets that are over a certain amount?
Blanka
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
djemzine wrote: I don't understand... We can't return Lego sets that are over a certain amount?
sorry I meant to say... after $250 you have to ship it back to lego with a return #...
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47029 posts
9312 upvotes
I signed out and signed in. Can't order it yet...?
Blanka

Thread Information

There are currently 4 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 3 guests)

pbb99