• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 11:02 am
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
Legoholic wrote:
@Ralphael - did you also get one of the small GWP or just the skate rink with your last night backorder of the Assembly Square? I thought about calling them, but I guess they just ran out maybe. Anyway too many skate rinks for me too - I'd rather it was double VIP points, but oh well...
just the skate rink and it will be shipped with the iron man armoury 76167 for the the Avenger 5 Tower building MOC Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

I think there was that code you enter to get some city GWP but I forgot all about it.. it's ok...

I need to get back into buying legos for the sake of legos and not for the purpose of GWPs Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

edit: oh that building made from the bridge looks too studdddddied for my taste......... I hate studs

The true costs of subscribing to this Thread.....

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 8.17.55 AM.png

edit: also the Avengers Tower is now sold out at ToysRUS but also the code stopped working at midnight and they still had stock at that time so between 12 midnight and now.... the remaining stock got sold? or pulled? or miscalculated. We shall soon find out if they oversold by our orders being cancelled, maybe?
Dec 23, 2006
156 posts
41 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Legoholic wrote: If you have the London Tower bridge, this looks very nice (I know now I want to do it with mine):
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-11989/ ... tive-build

It's the same guy that made the Assembly Square MOC - he's good!!
Check out the roof! Quite ingenious how uses the rounded ("bow"?) bricks - I don't know if it's in any of the other modulars.

Yes it’s great.
Images
  • 959289FD-62DC-42EC-87A7-44D26BC5E351.jpeg
Oct 10, 2006
464 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Ralphael wrote: just the skate rink and it will be shipped with the iron man armoury 76167 for the the Avenger 5 Tower building MOC Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes

I think there was that code you enter to get some city GWP but I forgot all about it.. it's ok...

I need to get back into buying legos for the sake of legos and not for the purpose of GWPs Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes

edit: oh that building made from the bridge looks too studdddddied for my taste......... I hate studs

The true costs of subscribing to this Thread.....

Screen Shot 2021-01-25 at 8.17.55 AM.png

edit: also the Avengers Tower is now sold out at ToysRUS but also the code stopped working at midnight and they still had stock at that time so between 12 midnight and now.... the remaining stock got sold? or pulled? or miscalculated. We shall soon find out if they oversold by our orders being cancelled, maybe?
My 4 Avengers Tower Building was picked up curbside the weekend and 1 which I decided to get shipped is still sitting as "Processing". I hope it doesn't get cancelled as you say.

Meanwhile, I still need to find something to buy off of LEGO's website in order to redeem priceman's keychain. LOL. Only couple days left. Anybody know if I purchase something that is on backorder, redeem my rewards keychain and than cancel my backorder item after the keychain ships, do I get charged for shipping?
Jul 13, 2018
221 posts
166 upvotes
kevkwan wrote: Meanwhile, I still need to find something to buy off of LEGO's website in order to redeem priceman's keychain. LOL. Only couple days left. Anybody know if I purchase something that is on backorder, redeem my rewards keychain and than cancel my backorder item after the keychain ships, do I get charged for shipping?
Just get enough stuff to make up $35 for free shipping. You don’t have to spend hundreds. Could be a bunch of CMF’s, Xtras, Brickheadz, etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
kevkwan wrote: My 4 Avengers Tower Building was picked up curbside the weekend and 1 which I decided to get shipped is still sitting as "Processing". I hope it doesn't get cancelled as you say.

Meanwhile, I still need to find something to buy off of LEGO's website in order to redeem priceman's keychain. LOL. Only couple days left. Anybody know if I purchase something that is on backorder, redeem my rewards keychain and than cancel my backorder item after the keychain ships, do I get charged for shipping?
the answer to that depends on when you cancel the backordered item. Once the keychain is shipped you can cancel the backordered item and it should be fine. However if you cancel before the keychain gets shipped, lets say it is in the warehouse for a couple of days and you decide to cancel the backorder item, then when the keychain ships you will get charged with $5 shipping.

The reason that I know is that I canceled my City Garden with keychain and ice rink that got shipped and I got charged $5 for shipping of which I tried to dispute but I think that Lego thinks that I got an ice rink for $5 so what am I complaining about and I think I got too many ice rinks let alone an ice rink that costed $5, but anyway I decided to let it be because I did get an ice rink for $5.
Dec 17, 2019
228 posts
157 upvotes
kevkwan wrote: My 4 Avengers Tower Building was picked up curbside the weekend and 1 which I decided to get shipped is still sitting as "Processing". I hope it doesn't get cancelled as you say.

I should have done curbside pickup for the towers!
It would be lame indeed if they cancel them.

About that keychain - mabe you can call and ask them to extend the code's deadline.

Edit:
Avengers Tower shows in stock for me at TRus!
But there is a "Limit 3 items per customer" (I don't remember if it was there previously)
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
f117 wrote: Yes it’s great.
nice! i like your modded lego store... is that a combination of two lego store sets? could you share some more pics and details?? thanks!
Dec 23, 2006
156 posts
41 upvotes
Richmond Hill
priceman wrote: nice! i like your modded lego store... is that a combination of two lego store sets? could you share some more pics and details?? thanks!
Thanks! I used 2 sets of Lego store, 2 vip red chrome mini figures keychains, the VIP set 40178, the minifigure factory set 5005358 and some extra bricks.
Images
  • 2D74F310-D659-49F2-BAA5-B018ACECFE33.jpeg
  • 3DA0977F-7BAE-47C9-9955-BA6294876A0F.jpeg
  • F34C324E-9269-4185-B98B-6CDF6C88496B.jpeg
  • 5D6DB52E-BA11-46EB-A9AF-7E634FDE332A.jpeg
  • 31A2C15C-C7AA-4EE9-BD52-A44B0D104061.jpeg
  • 0CE39B12-71F6-477E-8F4E-ED9EF4D2C53B.jpeg
  • 95F45DCB-1CA1-4448-9E38-D1AA76E41B59.jpeg
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
Legoholic wrote:
Edit:
Avengers Tower shows in stock for me at TRus!
But there is a "Limit 3 items per customer" (I don't remember if it was there previously)
ok.... now they are back in stock.... it was showing OOS this morning and I don't remember that limit of 3 either.... but I think TRus only limits you per order and not a limit over multiple orders, unlike Lego who keeps track of everything you ever ordered and cancels your order even when you go over your limit several years later. For me on TRus, I decided to use two accounts 3 towers on one and 2 on the other; just in case it looked suspicious with 5 orders on one account especially when you use the code per order.

oh well.. what will be will be... apparently I don't know when but my mind has made up its mind to build the whole 5 tower set tower so I am committed now once I figure out how to use Studio.
Last edited by Ralphael on Jan 25th, 2021 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
47027 posts
9310 upvotes
Any Zelda Lego that they're gonna come up with?
Blanka
Oct 10, 2006
464 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
f117 wrote: Thanks! I used 2 sets of Lego store, 2 vip red chrome mini figures keychains, the VIP set 40178, the minifigure factory set 5005358 and some extra bricks.
Nice! I like the mod you did to the LEGO store. But where's the social distancing inside..?? :D
Jun 6, 2015
18 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal, QC
GWPs don't seem too bad for February actually. I wish they had the Spring Lantern Festival back in stock again for that "Year of the Ox" promo!
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2011
1102 posts
1985 upvotes
Vancouver
kevkwan wrote: Nice! I like the mod you did to the LEGO store. But where's the social distancing inside..?? :D
yup at least 5 studs separating each minifig! that is the new lego law! oh wait.... local lockdown.... store must be closed! remove all figs at once!
May 8, 2012
248 posts
86 upvotes
NORTH YORK
GoExpos wrote: February calendar is out.

click here
Does that mean we get the OX, the Friends polybag AND the HP Monster Book if we purchase HP in Feb???

From the movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban™, comes a magical book that bites! The Monster Book of Monsters features pull-back action that makes it scurry around, snapping its mouth. Draco Malfoy™ minifigure included. It’s your exclusive gift with LEGO® Harry Potter™ purchases over $75. 1/1-2/14. While supplies last.*
Dec 23, 2006
156 posts
41 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kevkwan wrote: Nice! I like the mod you did to the LEGO store. But where's the social distancing inside..?? :D
Ralphael wrote: yup at least 5 studs separating each minifig! that is the new lego law! oh wait.... local lockdown.... store must be closed! remove all figs at once!
LOL! No worries! My modular police station is still stuck in the warehouse......
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2008
1830 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
f117 wrote: Thanks! I used 2 sets of Lego store, 2 vip red chrome mini figures keychains, the VIP set 40178, the minifigure factory set 5005358 and some extra bricks.
very nice!! thanks for sharing!
Nov 24, 2020
229 posts
190 upvotes
Toronto
The February gifts are mainly leftovers from previous years. It's good that the Book of Monsters is still available. I still haven't gotten my hands on a Hogwarts Express and would possibly get it once it's back in stock.
Oct 14, 2020
806 posts
329 upvotes
espressions wrote: Does that mean we get the OX, the Friends polybag AND the HP Monster Book if we purchase HP in Feb???

From the movie Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban™, comes a magical book that bites! The Monster Book of Monsters features pull-back action that makes it scurry around, snapping its mouth. Draco Malfoy™ minifigure included. It’s your exclusive gift with LEGO® Harry Potter™ purchases over $75. 1/1-2/14. While supplies last.*
Is this on the website - where are you seeing them extending the HP book and also the friends polybag.

So far what i can tell is if you spend $85 on anything starting Feb 1st, you get 2 GWPs. If the HP book is still active then, i'm jumping back in and getting a Privet Drive dupe so i can MOC my privet drive.

If not, i'll try my hands on a Bonzai tree + something else. I'm not gonna go crazy on these GWPs, they don't appeal to me as much but i do want 1 of each.

Tournament of Elements on the 15th for Lloyd's quad bike.

Blacksmith is not showing any GWP attached to it that is exclusive. That's such a shame. I'll be parking that purchase for another time.
Jul 13, 2018
221 posts
166 upvotes
“I can’t order the Spring Lantern Festival since it’s OOS....”
Meanwhile...
Images
  • D2E11D25-28BE-4BA4-9FF3-9DF3759AE8B4.jpeg
Last edited by JoelH69724 on Jan 25th, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)