• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 11:27 am
Apr 5, 2010
52 posts
5 upvotes
Canada
lilyg wrote:
May 27th, 2010 6:31 pm
Just came back from Walmart/Lougheed Mall, Burnaby.....got all 16 by using the printout of barcodes(thank you for posting!), now I'm $52 poorer...lol. Didn't take long at all to go through them. BTW...there are lots of boxes, maybe 10 boxes of assorted, didn't count.
The Vancouver Supercentre store had 3 full boxes. It seems they don't carry as much as the regular stores.
Toys N Bricks (www.toysnbricks.com)
Canada's Greatest Destination for the Latest LEGO News! Follow us on FaceBook, and Twitter.
Mar 4, 2004
863 posts
77 upvotes
London
Woo hoo. Bought some yesterday for the kiddies at the north London WM.

Got the Caveman, Robot, and Crash Test Dummy. Can't wait to go grope the baggies for some more...Skater here I come!
Apr 13, 2004
962 posts
261 upvotes
Orleans, ON
Akitakara wrote:
May 26th, 2010 5:38 pm
The following Walmarts do NOT have the minifigures for sale yet for anyone wondering... :(
Found some today at the Trainyards
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2640 posts
565 upvotes
Ottawa
dogbolter wrote:
May 28th, 2010 9:12 pm
Found some today at the Trainyards
Figures...that one place I didn't check.

Thank you very much. I'll head out there soon. :D
Sep 30, 2001
27450 posts
6433 upvotes
Toronto
Minifigs have been spotted in the burbs. Walmart in Woodbridge and Thornhill both have them on the shelves.

The bad news: Woodbridge has 3 half empty boxes. Thornhill has 1 half empty box. Both locations heavily picked over.

Going by the guide my guess is that the cheerleader and zombie will be the hardest to get :| I know I still have to keep looking for those. The clown and skater i found one of each. Tons of Ninjas though.

For me the barcode method is the best way to identify, though it's hard to stand there with a bunch of figures in one hand and cheat sheets in another without raising suspicion. Feeling the bags out I found to be too difficult to distinguish.
Oct 20, 2006
926 posts
44 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks for the OP. One suggestion, can you give direct links to those posts with good deals in your first post? or you can copy those posts (give credits to those who first find the deals) into your first post to make other people easily view the deals. Thank you!
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4469 posts
159 upvotes
Got my 16 :D . Though I had to buy the magician twice because for whatever reason I didn't notice my first package the bottom was a little ripped and thus missing a wand. All from Scarborough Town Centre location.

I wouldn't have even bought these if you guys in this thread didn't mention that Lego was coming out with these things :lol: . Now you've made my wallet even more empty :( .
Jun 23, 2007
921 posts
1250 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
stony wrote:
May 26th, 2010 3:58 pm
cool, thanks! Anyone see these in the Edmonton area?
To answer my own question somewhat, there were 4 boxes in Spruce Grove, 2 empty, one new, and one partly picked over (by me :lol :) . Not sure about Edmonton, but if they are in Spruce Grove, I imagine that they'd be at most Walmarts.
Nov 26, 2009
76 posts
6 upvotes
I cleaned out what was left of the thornhill walmart, there's a couple cowboys left and a robot and one other one.

Missing 3 for my set now :/ haven't been able to find a zombie/ninja and skater yet.
Sep 30, 2001
27450 posts
6433 upvotes
Toronto
Xarion wrote:
May 30th, 2010 11:16 pm
Missing 3 for my set now :/ haven't been able to find a zombie/ninja and skater yet.
you'll find a ninja at woodbridge, and i think there's one skater (well as of may 30 anyway). for sure there were no zombies as i went through all 3 boxes and couldn't find any.

how many sets is everyone trying to complete?
Nov 26, 2009
76 posts
6 upvotes
Just one for me but I want about 10 zombies to start a hostile take-over of my sons lego city...
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2003
5409 posts
206 upvotes
Mississauga
flyz wrote:
May 12th, 2010 10:59 pm
Nice, hopefully there's more to come.

Well it's not like that was a big surprise with the job posting a couple weeks back... We just needed the official confirmation on the site.

Was bored a did some digging. Apparently TLG likes to open their first stores at nontraditional locations. You'd expect their first US retail store to be in some big city but it was in Minneapolis :D
Cool, not a bad location. There's a few one-location only stores in Chinook (Zara, RW&Co, FCUK, etc.)
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2006
4469 posts
159 upvotes
MrDisco wrote:
May 31st, 2010 12:43 am
you'll find a ninja at woodbridge, and i think there's one skater (well as of may 30 anyway). for sure there were no zombies as i went through all 3 boxes and couldn't find any.

how many sets is everyone trying to complete?
I've got one full set and it's already enough :lol: . I mean one full set will already cost you over $50...if you're doing more than one...well more power to you.

I'm sure some/most of you have probably seen pictures of Series 2 also:

I personally like the minifigures in series 2 more. There's quite a few of them that I like in this series. How about the rest of you?

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 3 guests)

nymira, rviebrock