• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2019 3:40 pm
Dec 24, 2006
461 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
ssiu wrote:
Feb 4th, 2010 12:20 pm
No Millennium Falcon, but toysrus.ca does have the big $500 Death Star, as well as the $350 dropship+walker and $200 Tantive IV blockade runner. All those are not normally found in stores.

(Anyone in the GTA seriously interested in a Death Star? Please PM me.)
I bought the Death Star when it first came out (was lucky to be traveling in the US and got it for $300USD).... missed the Millennium Falcon when it was on sale at Target on a Black Friday couple years back.

Love these sets! Thanks for posting! :cheesygri

*EDIT*
What I got is different than what's available now:
Lego Star Wars Death Star II #10143
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2966 posts
529 upvotes
Shaf wrote:
Feb 4th, 2010 12:24 pm
I used to love lego when I was kid... What a good set to get my little girls to start on (3 yo and 5yo)?

Thanks!
I think the TOY STORY sets that were just released would be good ones...or there is also some sort of princess sets too.

Sorry to all those i might have confused in regards to the UCS Falcon being only $500...what I was refering to was in May, both the US and Canada Lego sites had it on sale for 25% off....which was a great deal...this LINK refers (see towards bottom of the page)...

And ya, anyone in Calgary area wanna go in on the Death Star?
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Deal Addict
May 30, 2008
1837 posts
199 upvotes
WIN-A-PIG!
robskot wrote:
Feb 4th, 2010 4:08 pm
I think the TOY STORY sets that were just released would be good ones...or there is also some sort of princess sets too.

Sorry to all those i might have confused in regards to the UCS Falcon being only $500...what I was refering to was in May, both the US and Canada Lego sites had it on sale for 25% off....which was a great deal...this LINK refers (see towards bottom of the page)...

And ya, anyone in Calgary area wanna go in on the Death Star?
So far the Disney sets announced are suitable for 6-12.

Disney Lineup so far is
- Toy Story
- Mickey Mouse
- Prince of Persia

No Disney Duplo (suitable for 2-5) sets are announced yet but there will most likely be soon since Lego wants to compete against Megabloks for that age group.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1212 posts
243 upvotes
Ottawa
gobbledygoo wrote:
Feb 4th, 2010 2:54 pm
I bought the Death Star when it first came out (was lucky to be traveling in the US and got it for $300USD).... missed the Millennium Falcon when it was on sale at Target on a Black Friday couple years back.

Love these sets! Thanks for posting! :cheesygri

*EDIT*
What I got is different than what's available now:
Lego Star Wars Death Star II #10143
I also picked that one up in the States (but for $200US :cheesygri ), and I'm in the middle of putting it together right now.

I looks awesome, and the Death Star that is available now will make a great compliment to it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
2966 posts
529 upvotes
So I wAs just at a TRU here a little bit ago...they have restocked since I was there on Monday. They had most of the new sets, but 2 I was intersted in, the new arc170 and luke's landspeeder, were nowhere to be seen. Lots of the battle packs though.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2008
1117 posts
248 upvotes
Toronto
I think Luke's Landspeeder may be a Walmart exclusive (and Toys-R-Us gets the Republic Swamp Speeder as exclusive). It said "Special Edition" on the Landspeeder box when I saw it at Walmart.

I also remember seeing ARC-170 at a Walmart, but I don't think that is exclusive.
Sep 30, 2008
83 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Don't forget the Swiss Chalet deal, buy a kid's meal and receiver $10 off $40 or more purchase gift card at TRU. You can stack the coupons but you must buy in $40 increments. Instore only promotion. Check out the Swiss Chalet site for details.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
1842 posts
593 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
available on line now... picked up a couple different sets including death star :twisted:
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3412 posts
296 upvotes
Calgary
jshebib wrote:
Feb 5th, 2010 12:33 am
available on line now... picked up a couple different sets including death star :twisted:
You are ok paying for shipping? or there is a way to waive the shipping fee?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
3412 posts
296 upvotes
Calgary
Who wants to split the death Star with me in Calgary?

Merchandise Subtotal: $749.98
Estimated Shipping and Handling Subtotal: $25.90
Goods and Services Tax (GST): $38.79
Estimated Total: $814.67 /2 = $407.34
Apr 5, 2007
29 posts
Thanks OP! just ordered a couple sets, including the Death star!! So excited!!
Dec 27, 2006
171 posts
10 upvotes
The Death Star isn't there anymore. It's like an X-Wing came and blew it up. Arghh. I was really looking forward to getting one...
Dec 27, 2006
171 posts
10 upvotes
Woohoo! The Death Star still shows up in the search results under "death star". Although it shows at backordered. Still got my order in. Very excited.
Mar 4, 2007
350 posts
40 upvotes
I got the Tantive IV + Venator for 333$ shipped and tx in. The shipping charge are very reasonable BTW.

Death star still very interesting but the real deal is when you buy 2....
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
5890 posts
643 upvotes
Where do you guys put these huge Lego set once built? Do you display or take them apart? I found the Lego are hard to dust as I have one big AT-ST.

Thread Information

There are currently 6 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 4 guests)

uber_uter, james2le