• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2005 2:17 am
Tags:
None
Mar 29, 2004
74 posts
GTA

Lemon Tree Cake Shop

The cake shop used to be in North York (5418 Yonge), owned by a Japanese baker. he used to make my favourite cake. I've tried looking for it online, including yellow pages, but really didn't have any luck.

It closed several summers ago, while I was away. Does anyone know anything about it? Maybe a notice was posted on the door and someone remembers what it says? or perhaps someone outside ontario knows of the same shop in their town... that would solve the mystery too :p I just want to know whether it moved or closed for good.

The old business card says:

Lemon Tree Cake Shop
Masaji Okada
5418 Yonge St. Unit 3, North York, ON M2N 6X4
Tel: 416.512.2171

not much hope, but fingers crossed =\
5 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2004
1727 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Since you have the person's name, have you tried finding him/her on 411.ca? Might be bordering on stalking though :lol:
Mar 29, 2004
74 posts
GTA
hehe, i did to see if he's still in the country... because so many japanese people go back to japan after a few years here.

but you're right about bordering stalkery... so i think i'll stop there :p

so, anyone?
Jan 19, 2005
674 posts
Mississauga
my parents actually know the used-to-be owner of the lemon tree cake shop. i asked my mother if he still works there and she told me that he sold the store to someone else and that he works some place else

Now, I'm not sure the new owner built a new store at a different location and continued the 'lemon tree cake shop' named somewhere else..

sorry for the disappointment..
i agree too..his cakes were so good!

*drools* =)
Mar 29, 2004
74 posts
GTA
wow really? that means he's not making his own cakes anymore, right? it's a different store where it used to be now.

his cakes were so detailed and pretty, too... once my sister asked him to make a tarepanda cake for her friend's bday, and it looked so authentic, hehe.

thanks japcutie!

if you could tell/pm me where he works now, maybe i'll go check it out anyway :)
Jan 2, 2005
26 posts
japcutie, could you also tell me which store the used-to-be owner is working for now? I loved his cakes too! So disappointed when Lemon Tree closed down... So happy to hear that he's still in town :D
Thanks in advance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)