• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2009 6:56 am
Tags:
None
May 24, 2009
76 posts
Toronto

Lennox AC at Costco

Has anyone gotten Lennox AC through the roadshow at Costco? Are the prices any good or can you do better elsewhere?
9 replies
Dec 31, 2006
386 posts
11 upvotes
Greater Tarana Area
+1

I'm going to quote Costco for Lennox as well.

Are they roadshowing right now? I've read of Lennox running a fall 2009 rebate (start date unknown).
Up to 100% OFF
[OP]
May 24, 2009
76 posts
Toronto
August 17-30 in Vaughan, according to the website.
Nov 1, 2006
206 posts
64 upvotes
Not sure how valid these reviews are but I'm seeing a lot of negative reactions to the Lennox brand here:

http://www.furnacecompare.com/air-condi ... x/reviews/

Although checking other brands seems to lead to negative reviews as well. I'm starting to wonder if only people having bad experiences are posting while those with good experiences are not bothering to write reviews.
Jun 3, 2009
18 posts
toronto
Linutor wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2009 3:11 am
Has anyone gotten Lennox AC through the roadshow at Costco? Are the prices any good or can you do better elsewhere?
get the quote then check your local a/c companies. costco does not install directly- so they contract it out so price may be higher( dealing with 2 people now). even if the a/c is good install is important- i got 5 diff quotes- and actually went with not the cheapest. if u want lennox check the auth dealer list on their website and check them out. even a/c installed forum has alot of comments regarding companies and brands.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2001
3553 posts
67 upvotes
Installer in our area uses nothing but Lennox as they say they install easily and get good support from them for good after sales service.
What the H E double hockey sticks have I done now?
Dec 31, 2006
386 posts
11 upvotes
Greater Tarana Area
I stopped by the Lennox booth at Costco today. I mentioned I was getting some quotes on a Lennox install, and he starts off about some wonky lennox dealer doing bad installs and to be very careful. He asks a series of questions and does a quick quote (which fair enough probably is not meant to be the negotiated price). Over $10,000 for a G71 and XC14. Based on my research on the various RFD threads, competitive comparison quotes are coming in around the 8.0-8.5K mark for the same combo.

I'm debating whether its worth it to have him come out for an onsite quote.... I don't know how much wiggle room they give themselves on price.
Up to 100% OFF
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5526 posts
83 upvotes
Vancouver
mason wrote:
Sep 12th, 2009 8:40 pm
I stopped by the Lennox booth at Costco today. I mentioned I was getting some quotes on a Lennox install, and he starts off about some wonky lennox dealer doing bad installs and to be very careful. He asks a series of questions and does a quick quote (which fair enough probably is not meant to be the negotiated price). Over $10,000 for a G71 and XC14. Based on my research on the various RFD threads, competitive comparison quotes are coming in around the 8.0-8.5K mark for the same combo.

I'm debating whether its worth it to have him come out for an onsite quote.... I don't know how much wiggle room they give themselves on price.
I think if you fo with that combo for $10,000, you also get $1000 (might be more) in costco gift cards on top of all the other nice rebates.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2006
1782 posts
116 upvotes
You woul dhave to buy a G71, XC14, Hcc16 media air cleaner and a Comfortsense 5000 or 7000 to get $350 from Lennox.

Costco pricing will differ region to region, but they are almost always WAY more. They don't do the install, another company does and costco is obviously looking for a piece of the action. If they are $1500 more and offer a $1000 costco rebate, how is that a better deal? It's all playing on people who love to hear about the "deal" and nothing more.
Dec 31, 2006
386 posts
11 upvotes
Greater Tarana Area
nighthawk26 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2009 12:18 am
You woul dhave to buy a G71, XC14, Hcc16 media air cleaner and a Comfortsense 5000 or 7000 to get $350 from Lennox.

Costco pricing will differ region to region, but they are almost always WAY more. They don't do the install, another company does and costco is obviously looking for a piece of the action. If they are $1500 more and offer a $1000 costco rebate, how is that a better deal? It's all playing on people who love to hear about the "deal" and nothing more.
...and that's exactly how it came off. He quoted the book price, then started to talk about all the costco, OPA and eco rebates, working the calculator furiously etc for "the final price" ( I hate that particular sales routine ). I also asked about the Lennox promotion running now and he said it didn't apply to the Costco sales. So two problems I see with the Costco roadshow... one your costco rebate is a Costco cash card... so there's only one place to spend it (you can't save it in the bank). Second, the dealer obviously has to game the prices to account for the Costco roadshow.

The only reason I might call the guy is he said he'd do a proper heat gain/loss calc, and was willing to talk about a "non-costco price".

Really, the rebates are nice, but I'm evaluating my quotes as if they didn't exist.
Up to 100% OFF
× < >