Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Back to School Deals - Various DoorBuster Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2014 1:11 pm
Aug 31, 2010
972 posts
202 upvotes
Victoria
looking for one in the range like $278
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2009
3991 posts
1127 upvotes
Toronto
Biskuits wrote: Reminder:

The $100 discount offer for those who were affected by the pricing error expires August 3rd, 2014.
but whats the point if people are having issues with lenovo not honoring the coupon?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39338 posts
6341 upvotes
Winnipeg
chroma_cg wrote: but whats the point if people are having issues with lenovo not honoring the coupon?
^what you mean? i got $100 off my laptop purchase
Jun 22, 2014
559 posts
235 upvotes
Markham, ON
Perhaps you got a grumpy sales rep. My co-worker just ordered the Y40 as he didn't use his $100 discount yet, and it was processed with no problems.
chroma_cg wrote: but whats the point if people are having issues with lenovo not honoring the coupon?
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1477 posts
1410 upvotes
Montreal
The entire PC industry will be in the doldrums until Broadwell is out there. Manufacturers can only turn the crank on existing models because Broadwell and other changes make current PCs designs pretty much obsolete. Even for big events like back to school and Christmas they can just offer better pricing, no new processors, disk types or even Windows versions. A 2015 notebook is going to be worlds better than a 2014 one, with more integrated on the processor leading to smaller more power efficient designs, storage speeds at least doubling and discarding the bulky 2.5" drives, as well as more use of IGZO panels which are all around better. Companies like Lenovo are trying to stay relevant by supporting a dozen models and caving into consumer and Microsoft mandated changes, discarding remarkable features like hardware buttons and adding reviled modifications like their soft keyboard, and software gimmicks nobody uses. I'm not a huge Apple fan, but they're nearly the only company that's at all on top of this, releasing leading edge features like Thunderbolt, their PCIe storage, and Iris Pro graphics. Sony also had leading edge PCs, their Vaio Pro 14 at 2.6lbs with SGFF storage was a world beater yet the company failed because of the sea of knock-off PCs from companies like Dell and Lenovo.

I'm on the eye out for a new PC to run Linux, and I'm going to hold out till 2015, because unless you're just looking for a cheap PC, there are no good choices.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2012
4547 posts
1045 upvotes
London
RodDog999 wrote: Crappy sale. If this is the "lowest price of the season", then it's pathetic. They used to offer 30% coupons with free upgrades and you could get a nice i5 laptop for under $500. Those times are gone.

Edit: also looks like they took down the IBM F&F EPP page? It redirects me to the regular page.
Still works, http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/cont ... ppfriendca and enter FNDEPP.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2008
1154 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
^ All broadwell will do is a die shrink, allowing for thinner designs, however the Llama Mountain uses a "M" core which is similar to haswell's Y series, which we already have some good designs, although couple of grams more or mm thicker, Llama Mountain will not be groundbreaking. I'm sure their mainstream U series will still require active cooling just prolonging the battery life and minor performance boosts.
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2008
1477 posts
1410 upvotes
Montreal
mxzas wrote: ^ All broadwell will do is a die shrink, allowing for thinner designs, however the Llama Mountain uses a "M" core which is similar to haswell's Y series, which we already have some good designs, although couple of grams more or mm thicker, Llama Mountain will not be groundbreaking. I'm sure their mainstream U series will still require active cooling just prolonging the battery life and minor performance boosts.
Sure. but add it up, and current "ultrabooks" look pretty feeble, and even mainstream notebooks are going to be a lot better, particularly with many manufacturers probably basing their next-gen products on Broadwell (like Apple's rumoured 12" Air).
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2007
2658 posts
1546 upvotes
I want the 27" all in one A series. but thats abt all i want from Lenovo.
PSN: Sakaban
Dec 2, 2006
290 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Biskuits wrote: Reminder:

The $100 discount offer for those who were affected by the pricing error expires August 3rd, 2014.
Since, it is going to expire Aug 3,2014...if anyone does not plan to use it their code, please PM ME as I am looking to buy a new Laptop.

Hoping my good karma on RFD pays off :)
Jan 17, 2010
234 posts
152 upvotes
lenovo needs to change the wording "DoorBuster" in their marketing..
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
Shamanking wrote: Since, it is going to expire Aug 3,2014...if anyone does not plan to use it their code, please PM ME as I am looking to buy a new Laptop.

Hoping my good karma on RFD pays off :)
It's not a code. It's linked to your email address and/or account, and you have to call in your order to use it (to prevent precisely this situation).
May 24, 2012
255 posts
327 upvotes
Gatineau, Qc
MTommy wrote: Please stick to discussing the current deals & offers. If a deal is "cold for you" or have some "bitterness" against the company, please simply ignore it without making a unnecessary comment and let it fall off the first page.

Thanks!
I believe it is very important that people reflect their experience with a supplier on RFD, although language should be cared for and monitored. LenovoGate was not just a strike to customers but also to RFD. The fiasco was clearly identified as Bait and Switch by many qualified and respected media outlets. Let the word go around so suppliers can respect consumers and always know that there are red lines not to be crossed.

Respectfully Yours
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4345 posts
444 upvotes
GTA
zatoitche wrote: I believe it is very important that people reflect their experience with a supplier on RFD, although language should be cared for and monitored. LenovoGate was not just a strike to customers but also to RFD. The fiasco was clearly identified as Bait and Switch by many qualified and respected media outlets. Let the word go around so suppliers can respect consumers and always know that there are red lines not to be crossed.

Respectfully Yours
I agree, and i dont think its ok to have posts deleted because they are expressing opinions about Lenovo
Apr 8, 2007
600 posts
160 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Avoid Lenovo. I bought a brand new computer, all in one desktop. Took it out of the box and it doesn't work. Never used it. Months and months later, and tons of phone calls to Lenovo tech support every 3 business days, and i still don't have a functioning unit. Requested a new one since it didn't work straight out of the box, but the supervisor denied the request and was avoiding my calls. I hate this company and their horrible products!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1283 posts
71 upvotes
If anyone has a code from the Lenovo fiasco and don't plan to use it, can you please kindly send me a pm?
I want to order a laptop before school starts.

Thanks
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21329 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
jjboy wrote: If anyone has a code from the Lenovo fiasco and don't plan to use it, can you please kindly send me a pm?
I want to order a laptop before school starts.

Thanks
Quoting my previous comment - It's not a code. It's linked to your email address and/or account, and you have to call in your order to use it (to prevent precisely this situation).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21531 upvotes
Toronto
urir10 wrote: I agree, and i dont think its ok to have posts deleted because they are expressing opinions about Lenovo
There's a difference between the idea in the statement and the way something is said. If you think that you can express your "feelings" in a more mature manner than feel free to do so. Just look back a few pages and you'll see that those kind of posts/comments weren't deleted.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2007
4345 posts
444 upvotes
GTA
MTommy wrote: There's a difference between the idea in the statement and the way something is said. If you think that you can express your "feelings" in a more mature manner than feel free to do so. Just look back a few pages and you'll see that those kind of posts/comments weren't deleted.
Not sure what you mean by the way something is said, i was expressing my opinion without using any offensive language or bad words...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)