Shopping Discussion

Lenovo boxing week ends 1 day earlier than mentioned?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2019 4:24 pm
[OP]
Apr 7, 2014
178 posts
30 upvotes
Whitby, ON

Lenovo boxing week ends 1 day earlier than mentioned?

On ebates.ca and as I remember on Lenovo it said this coupon (Thinkboxing30 ) expires Jan3rd ?
Seems they pulled the plug early, or did I somehow read it wrong? I thought the day it expires is included?
Everywhere on the internet I find it, says Jan 3.
Air miles also says 3rd:
https://www.airmilesshops.ca/en/shops/lenovo-canada

I asked on Chat, they said to call. I called, they said it depends which model I'm buying because the coupons expire at different times. Complete BS. Looks like I should be taking my business elsewhere. The EPP friends price is close, but this was better and they mis-advertised it to Jan 3rd, then they act stupid about it when I call them.

If you consider 26th to Jan 2nd, that's a week though... Why they'd advertise 3rd then, makes no sense.
4 replies
[OP]
Apr 7, 2014
178 posts
30 upvotes
Whitby, ON
Coupon expired January 3rd at 4AM ET. Got a nice agent that price matched the coupon on the chat.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2005
2837 posts
1605 upvotes
Canadia
sailplane wrote:
Jan 3rd, 2019 9:16 am
On ebates.ca and as I remember on Lenovo it said this coupon (Thinkboxing30 ) expires Jan3rd ?
Seems they pulled the plug early, or did I somehow read it wrong? I thought the day it expires is included?

If you consider 26th to Jan 2nd, that's a week though... Why they'd advertise 3rd then, makes no sense.
Lenovo is a Chinese company that ships directly from China.

China time is UTC+8, so chances are that someone in mainland China screwed up the time zones when creating the coupons.