Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Flex 15 i5-8250 2 in 1 notebook $587.49

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 9th, 2021 4:09 pm
Deal Addict
May 2, 2006
1362 posts
269 upvotes
TorontoVal wrote: Yeah the licence will apply automatically (it is written to the motherboard). I just installed the ADATA M2 SSD that was linked in this thread earlier - and damn the computer is BLAZING fast.
Thanks!
Jun 20, 2012
15 posts
2 upvotes
LONDON
anyone having an issue with the laptop trying to boot from hdd instead of ssd when you restart it? i changed the boot sequence but for some reason it goes back
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2227 posts
2149 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Successfully installed the adata xpg ssd without issue. Shrunk the windows partition to 225GB with Easus partition manager, cloned to the ssd with Easus todo backup, changed boot sequence in the bios, wiped/formatted the 500gb HDD to use as a secondary storage drive.

Boot time is under 5 seconds to desktop
Jul 4, 2013
492 posts
155 upvotes
rob187 wrote: Successfully installed the adata xpg ssd without issue. Shrunk the windows partition to 225GB with Easus partition manager, cloned to the ssd with Easus todo backup, changed boot sequence in the bios, wiped/formatted the 500gb HDD to use as a secondary storage drive.

Boot time is under 5 seconds to desktop
late to the game. i own this laptop and know nothing. like a fool i bought another 8gb memory stick since task manager says theres 2 slots....theres only 1 slot. also i bought an ssd. i know nothing about anything but would a ADATA 2.5 sata SU650 work on this. unfortunately i cant return any of these things. i read that a m.2 wouldve been better
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2009
2227 posts
2149 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
PMking wrote: late to the game. i own this laptop and know nothing. like a fool i bought another 8gb memory stick since task manager says theres 2 slots....theres only 1 slot. also i bought an ssd. i know nothing about anything but would a ADATA 2.5 sata SU650 work on this. unfortunately i cant return any of these things. i read that a m.2 wouldve been better
Yes, you could swap out the mechanical HDD with the ADATA SSD which appears to be 7mm thickness so should fit fine. Problem would be cloning the drive, if you could install both drives temporarily into a desktop pc and use something like Easus Todo Backup or Macrium Reflect to clone the drive then just pop the ssd in place of the old drive. Would not be able to use the original mechanical drive and the ssd at the same time in the laptop.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)