Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

HOT!!! 14w Lenovo 14" FHD 1080p Laptop/AMD A6-9220C/4 GB DDR4/64 GB eMMC Black Friday Price $169

Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
18696 posts
5729 upvotes
Hugh wrote: Not that I'm an expert in Windows, but nobody can help you with such a vague problem report. We cannot see what you tried nor what the result was.

(I have found on another machine that 64G isn't always enough to run Windows Update, even if the system has nothing other than Windows (I think that it was Win 11, which might be fatter than Win 10). I'm certainly not saying that this is what you are experiencing.)
repatch wrote: Define 'doesn't seem to work'
I have the USB key created by Window media creation tool. Boot it up from BIOS, select Win10 64BITS, wait a while and then boot up the existing Windows 10...

i have used the same USB key many times to perform clean installation on other machines without any issue..
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6019 posts
3613 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: I have the USB key created by Window media creation tool. Boot it up from BIOS, select Win10 64BITS, wait a while and then boot up the existing Windows 10...

i have used the same USB key many times to perform clean installation on other machines without any issue..
Lots more detail is needed. But I'll throw a few things out anyway. That makes my post long.

"then boot up existing Windows 10"
Does that mean you give up waiting and you initiate the booting of the existing system on the eMMC drive, or does the system spontaneously boot from the eMMC?
Are there any messages or signals from the installation medium before this reboot?

There are two regimes of PCs:
"legacy" / MBR / BIOS
UEFI (no BIOS, only UEFI firmware)

I don't have the machine, so some of this is supposition.

This machine has UEFI firmware.

That firmware may or may not have a provision to fall back on legacy mode. You would probably have to turn various things on in the firmware setup page: enable legacy booting, enable CSM.

You don't want to be using Legacy mode. But you might have prepared a Windows installation medium that requires legacy mode. Probably not, but do check.

UEFI firmware on x86 comes either as 32-bit only or 64-bit only. Make sure that the Windows installation medium matches the firmware. 32-bit only is very rare but it did come on some crippled machines, of which this one might be.

There must be a way of verifying a Windows installation medium, but I don't know it. Consider trying with another USB stick -- they aren't always reliable.

Suggestion: download a live Linux image, put it on a USB stick, and see if booting it works. My favourite is Fedora but debian and Ubuntu are also fine, as are many others that I haven't tried.
If you can get one of them working (you don't need to install them!), you know that booting actually works and that you have some Windows installation medium problem. Since they won't touch the eMMC without asking, you can safely power down the machine without cleanly exiting Linux. The live systems I've mentioned are immutable.

By default, the Fedora live disk checks the integrity of the medium before actually booting.