Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo - 13" IdeaPad AMD Ryzen Notebook from $878 CDN (+ Additional 7% Off Coupon)

Mar 27, 2011
674 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
What? Where did you find out about this? I've been waiting for deals on the hp envy.... been stalking the amd subreddit every day but seems to have missed it. Are there Canadian laptop deal subreddits? I have hot deals in my rss feeds and don't think anything ever came up for the hp laptop ><
Jan 10, 2006
878 posts
882 upvotes
DJ Trance AZ wrote: I was close in getting the HP Ryzen notebook except it has a mechanical HD...I suppose it can be easily swapped out but I got the Lenovo 2700U this morning...
Yes, the Ryzen 7 is a great surprise. I didn't think it would come so soon considering how few Ryzen 5 models are out. Absolutely, I'll be getting SSD upgrade(s). The nice thing is the HP has a 2.5" bay and also a free M.2 NVMe slot. At least you get something for the 15" heft. For an ultraportable, Lenovo's 13" makes more sense though.
rabbitz wrote: What? Where did you find out about this? I've been waiting for deals on the hp envy.... been stalking the amd subreddit every day but seems to have missed it. Are there Canadian laptop deal subreddits? I have hot deals in my rss feeds and don't think anything ever came up for the hp laptop ><
It was a pretty random find, I think while checking prices on shopbot. I would have posted it here except it went OOS/backordered. It also burns that the same model is on sale on HP's US site for $630 USD (~$790 CAD).
Feb 5, 2007
613 posts
99 upvotes
pca1987 wrote: to get 10% you have to use the other coupon though, so you can't use RMT7OFF

I wonder if using RMT7OFF + ebates will get you at least the 5%
Can someone explain why I can't stack code - RMT7OFF with 10% cashback from ebates.ca?
Nov 21, 2009
908 posts
256 upvotes
Surrey
ADDreen wrote: Can someone explain why I can't stack code - RMT7OFF with 10% cashback from ebates.ca?
Because it does say in the terms that ebates may be voided if unmentioned coupon is used... but i got my rebate already. Hopefully it sticks.
Feb 5, 2007
613 posts
99 upvotes
ssy080 wrote: Because it does say in the terms that ebates may be voided if unmentioned coupon is used... but i got my rebate already. Hopefully it sticks.
*Praying for you*! extra 10% would make this pretty hot.
Nov 21, 2009
908 posts
256 upvotes
Surrey
decided to cancel my order... Lenovo doesn't allow free returns and everyone says that a single channel ram would significantly hinder the AGU performance. I am considering on taking a gamble on Xiaomi pro laptop for $1050 - potentially 8.5% rebate from topcashback.com.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
ssy080 wrote: decided to cancel my order... Lenovo doesn't allow free returns and everyone says that a single channel ram would significantly hinder the AGU performance. I am considering on taking a gamble on Xiaomi pro laptop for $1050 - potentially 8.5% rebate from topcashback.com.
Where are you getting the xiaomi from? Cheapest i could find it for was about 1200cad
Nov 21, 2009
908 posts
256 upvotes
Surrey
baymoe wrote: Where are you getting the xiaomi from? Cheapest i could find it for was about 1200cad
Lightinthebox has it for 1035 or so , and with all the shipping and duty it ends up being ~1080 ish. I realize that Lenovo 720s 14 can be similar/cheaper with 8th gen i7, but with cheaper build and lower battery life.
Feb 5, 2007
613 posts
99 upvotes
Anyone with suggestions for sub $900 laptop that can handle light gaming? single channel RAM is slightly concerning on the Ryzen 720s :(
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
1824 posts
591 upvotes
Ceryx wrote: I would say because this chip is TDP 15W. THe impact should be less compared to their desktop parts.

That being said, I grabbed the HP Envy for the dual channel and 15 inches screen.
Which HP?
Feb 5, 2007
613 posts
99 upvotes
ssy080 wrote: decided to cancel my order... Lenovo doesn't allow free returns and everyone says that a single channel ram would significantly hinder the AGU performance. I am considering on taking a gamble on Xiaomi pro laptop for $1050 - potentially 8.5% rebate from topcashback.com.
Anyone have bechmarks supporting that this will sodimm will be a huge deal on this lenovo? Havent been able to find something with similar performance/pricepoint..
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
I got the $600 i5-8250GB/128GB Flex 5 from BD but this is more than a pound lighter, antiglare screen and potentially faster due to Spectre hit on i5. Flex has Active pen, single DIMM slot, 2nd storage and a useful touch screen and better battery life. I think I will keep the Flex 5 but this is very tempting.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
4442 posts
248 upvotes
Wait 8 gigs of RAM isn't considered enough now? Darn....I know for everyday use even 4 is fine but my university program is gonna be computer related so gonna have to wait on a deal for a 16 then but that's pretty rare un ultrabooks below $1k now.
Aug 5, 2008
500 posts
350 upvotes
Nettles wrote: Wait 8 gigs of RAM isn't considered enough now? Darn....I know for everyday use even 4 is fine but my university program is gonna be computer related so gonna have to wait on a deal for a 16 then but that's pretty rare un ultrabooks below $1k now.
I think the issue isn't that it's just 8 gigs, it's that it's a single soldered-on DIMM with no expansion (which apparently limits gaming performance).
Nov 21, 2016
36 posts
28 upvotes
Hey guys, sorry for the stupid question; but I understand that this laptop comes with 1 stick of onboard single channel ram, however
are there even any laptops out there at come with dual channels AND only weigh about 2.5 pounds? (like this one).
Isn't the HP envy that some of you have mentioned a 15 inch laptop which would be much heavier?
(My university is on the top of a hill and I have to walk up and down several times a day so weight is significantly important to me)
Jan 10, 2006
878 posts
882 upvotes
82 wrote: I got the $600 i5-8250GB/128GB Flex 5 from BD but this is more than a pound lighter, antiglare screen and potentially faster due to Spectre hit on i5. Flex has Active pen, single DIMM slot, 2nd storage and a useful touch screen and better battery life. I think I will keep the Flex 5 but this is very tempting.
Nothing has come close to that $600 Flex 5 deal. There's one in the household, and I almost wish I had gotten one for myself too. It's fast for it's class, 4C8T, good features/expandability, and I love the silence at idle.

IMO, there are 2 key reasons to aim for a better balanced Ryzen-based unit instead of something with the slightly better single-threaded performance of Intel's 8th gen CPUs:

1) Safer. Not vulnerable to Meltdown, and just 1 Spectre variant.
2) Better iGPU for longevity (no intention of gaming), since integrated graphics is probably the weakest link on such devices.
Jan 10, 2006
878 posts
882 upvotes
DestinyLord wrote: Hey guys, sorry for the stupid question; but I understand that this laptop comes with 1 stick of onboard single channel ram, however
are there even any laptops out there at come with dual channels AND only weigh about 2.5 pounds? (like this one).
Isn't the HP envy that some of you have mentioned a 15 inch laptop which would be much heavier?
(My university is on the top of a hill and I have to walk up and down several times a day so weight is significantly important to me)
There are only 4 Ryzen-based laptops I know of: this Lenovo, the HP x360 Envy, the Acer Swift 3, and an Asus STRIX DTR with a desktop CPU. For something light, this Lenovo is currently your only choice. Hopefully that changes soon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)