Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo - 13" IdeaPad AMD Ryzen Notebook from $878 CDN (+ Additional 7% Off Coupon)

Feb 5, 2007
613 posts
99 upvotes
Can anyone chime in on how often Ebates has this amount of cash back (10%)? Plus another 5% is stackable for a total of 15% all from ebates...wondering if I should take advantage now, or wait and see if something 720s similar comes our in terms of form factor but dual channel RAM.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
I ordered the 2700U model on February 15 but it still hasn't shipped yet...
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2007
2105 posts
686 upvotes
fizikz wrote: Nothing has come close to that $600 Flex 5 deal. There's one in the household, and I almost wish I had gotten one for myself too. It's fast for it's class, 4C8T, good features/expandability, and I love the silence at idle.

IMO, there are 2 key reasons to aim for a better balanced Ryzen-based unit instead of something with the slightly better single-threaded performance of Intel's 8th gen CPUs:

1) Safer. Not vulnerable to Meltdown, and just 1 Spectre variant.
2) Better iGPU for longevity (no intention of gaming), since integrated graphics is probably the weakest link on such devices.
Yes and I also regret not ordering a second one for my son.
Jan 10, 2006
878 posts
882 upvotes
DJ Trance AZ wrote: I ordered the 2700U model on February 15 but it still hasn't shipped yet...
The supply of the Ryzen models seems tight. I ordered the HP x360 on February 11 when it said "In stock and ready to ship." The next day it went OOS. I still haven't received it and I'm told it's backordered and I might have to wait another 1-2 weeks, with no certain ETA.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
Just received my 720s with Ryzen 2700U.

Fit and finish is excellent and is to be expected for the 7 series. What surprised me most was it's small footprint and how thin it is. Compared to my ancient Sony Z1290x that this is replacing, the Sony feels monstrous and heavy although the screen size is similar (13.1 vs 13.3 on the Lenovo) and weighs a hair over 3 pounds.
Last edited by baymoe on Feb 26th, 2018 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3018 upvotes
Ottawa
Looks like this deal is back. It's not $847.89. There's also a coupon for an extra 7% off (SAVE7ON500) bringing it down to $788.52. Ebates only 3% now.
Is it worth it to get it now or better to wait for a higher ebate cb rate?
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
Just wanted to chime back with some feedback on the unit I got. It was with a Ryzen 7. It had a major flaw. The wifi card (1x1) was a dealbreaker for me. It could not sustain simple tasks such as streaming Spotify and Youtube. Where I'm at, I have Rogers Extreme and everything loads as it should be on my cellphone, other laptops, etc, but it slowed to a crawl while streaming Youtube on anything 720p and higher. Surfing while streaming? Forget it. Quite the disappointment cause everything else on the unit was great.

Lenovo customer service have been nothing short of fantastic. Never an issue with requesting an return authorization.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2004
3917 posts
2186 upvotes
Toronto
And I am returning mine too...very poor WiFi performance period.
My Heatware Feedback: Click!
Apr 1, 2012
125 posts
26 upvotes
i received mine last week. out of the box i had also experienced poor wifi, but after updating the drivers, the issues seem to have gone away
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2354 posts
571 upvotes
terrytccheung wrote: i received mine last week. out of the box i had also experienced poor wifi, but after updating the drivers, the issues seem to have gone away
Glad it's working for you. I've attempted to update the drivers also but it didn't seem to help on mine.

Now I wonder if it's a known issue with Lenovo. I called in to request a return authorization number and initially they had ask for a service number to help find a solution otherwise they would have to charge a 15% restocking fee. The rep must have spoken to someone during the call and came back and said they have approved the return and will waive it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)