Shopping Discussion

Locked: Lenovo Laptop Y410p 14" i7-4700MQ GT755M - $279 - PART 1

Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1263 posts
244 upvotes
GTA
uarif92 wrote: It's not about PATIENCE, my friend. They told me that they are not going to process any of the orders because the problem was from their end. The promo code was being applied twice. That was the glitch.
Shouldn't even contact them in the first place. You are basically asking them to cancel your order and most likely everyone else's
Jan 28, 2013
146 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
I bought the y500 over a year ago. It is a pretty awesome laptop. No trouble running games. The touchpad is so horrible though, worst one I've ever used. Battery life lasts roughly 3 hours max screen brightness, and roughly 4 with low light settings. Had to disable all the windows 8 features to make it usable. It also comes with minimum bloatware installed. Haven't had an issue with it. It still runs like a beast. But the touchpad is so bad...
http://i.imgur.com/VyLVjsf.jpg
Jul 27, 2010
313 posts
241 upvotes
I just ordered one and received a confirmation email
uarif92 wrote: They weren't going to go ahead with it. As simple as that. Everyone is pretty sure on that one. They told me they know of the glitch and aren't going to process any orders.

& thank you.
May 8, 2013
131 posts
126 upvotes
Windsor
I've apparently been charged for my single laptop so maybe i'm one of the lucky ones?
Jun 16, 2009
111 posts
36 upvotes
Markham
HeavyDutyKronos wrote: Don't wait for me. As soon as people get a cancellation notice you should tweet about it using the hashtag #LENOVOSUCKS and detail how they won't honour an advertised price.

We should whip up some screen grab captures too of the website (both the Doorbuster deals page AND the Y410p product page; a picture is worth 1000 words) of the way it looks now before they change it.

It clearly says "SAVE UP TO 79% on select IdeaPad Y410p Laptop" and lists the sale price along with a "DOORBUSTER" eCoupon. This is a terrible way to run a business and people should vent their frustration in multiple tweets using hashtabg #LENOVOSUCKS if all the people viewing this thread did that we could get it trending.

** IMPORTANT **: Be sure to direct your tweets to/mention in your tweet @Lenovo_Canada and @Lenovo and make sure to use hashtag #LENOVOSUCKS // Also be sure to copy and paste (mirror) your complaint on their FACEBOOK Pages:

Lenovo Canada (Facebook): https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lenovo-C ... 9652587781
Lenovo (Facebook) https://www.facebook.com/lenovo

Link to your tweets and posts here in this thread so we can all see them. Thanks!
+1
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
2017 posts
245 upvotes
I just confirmed with the representative that my order will be fulfilled at the ordered price.
"I've been tearing money since my first Holy Communion."
Banned
Jun 16, 2010
563 posts
86 upvotes
uarif92 wrote: They weren't going to go ahead with it. As simple as that. Everyone is pretty sure on that one. They told me they know of the glitch and aren't going to process any orders.

& thank you.
They became aware of the glitch because of idiots like you. Thank you.
Feb 27, 2014
137 posts
16 upvotes
I can't even make an account on the Lenovo website :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Jan 14, 2004
9720 posts
780 upvotes
Markham
nounou23 wrote: When all these get canceled.. I hope no one will start yelling that it will take a week to get the $1.00 back lol
From my experience working with credit cards in e-commerce, it is likely just a small amount for authorization, you shouldn't be charged that $1.00.
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4255 posts
833 upvotes
T.O.
Calm down, they're not honouring because they will lose too much money. I find it fair they cancel... It's a mistake, it doesn't entitle you to get their quality laptops for this cheap. If you can afford a Lenovo, buy it, if you can't, move to Acer. I have a Lenovo and love it. The build quality is great! Dropped it several times still runs as new. The company makes great products, they deserve to be praised, not torn to pieces on social media only cuz of a pricing mistake.
HeavyDutyKronos wrote: Don't wait for me. As soon as people get a cancellation notice you should tweet about it using the hashtag #LENOVOSUCKS and detail how they won't honour an advertised price.

We should whip up some screen grab captures too of the website (both the Doorbuster deals page AND the Y410p product page; a picture is worth 1000 words) of the way it looks now before they change it.

It clearly says "SAVE UP TO 79% on select IdeaPad Y410p Laptop" and lists the sale price along with a "DOORBUSTER" eCoupon. This is a terrible way to run a business and people should vent their frustration in multiple tweets using hashtabg #LENOVOSUCKS if all the people viewing this thread did that we could get it trending.

** IMPORTANT: Be sure to direct your tweets to/mention in your tweet @Lenovo_Canada and @Lenovo and make sure to use hashtag #LENOVOSUCKS // Also be sure to copy and paste (mirror) your complaint on their FACEBOOK Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lenovo-C ... 9652587781 and https://www.facebook.com/lenovo **

Link to your tweets here in this thread so we can all see them. Thanks!
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2009
2701 posts
1378 upvotes
uarif92 wrote: It's not about PATIENCE, my friend. They told me that they are not going to process any of the orders because the problem was from their end. The promo code was being applied twice. That was the glitch.
I thought about this, but no, it's not a case of promo code being applied twice. Initial price was $1379, then went down to $879 ($500 off). The additional discount is $600. It would have made sense if the additional discount was another $500.
Banned
Feb 12, 2009
1129 posts
290 upvotes
Vaughan
pupazzo wrote: I just confirmed with the representative that my order will be fulfilled at the ordered price.
as if
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2012
1976 posts
1206 upvotes
Narkham
With all the talk of orders being cancelled, what are the chances you can go to your CC company to get a (chargeback?) to get the item at the advertised price? There was a post couple pages back regarding this. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3952 posts
2856 upvotes
Toronto
pupazzo wrote: I just confirmed with the representative that my order will be fulfilled at the ordered price.
Interesting, which did you order?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7673 posts
10975 upvotes
Scarbs
Price errors bring out the angry and stupid in all of us. If we get it, we get it. If we dont, we move on.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2358 posts
618 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
thr333zy wrote: With all the talk of orders being cancelled, what are the chances you can go to your CC company to get a (chargeback?) to get the item at the advertised price? There was a post couple pages back regarding this. Correct me if I'm wrong.
What? You're going to do a chargeback to get an item at the advertised price? That makes sense.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7440 posts
4191 upvotes
Moncton, NB
I think there's a lot of people here (mostly new people) that do not really understand the process of a price error... Most site (if not all) will have a disclaimer about price errors etc.. So the can cancel the orders. No point of starting anything and yelling at people that called. If you get it.. great.. if everything gets canceled... let move on to the next deal :)

Happy Happy :)
Mar 7, 2011
500 posts
117 upvotes
bluecooldeal wrote: Limits: Limit 5 per customer. Offers valid from Lenovo in Canada only.
Availability: Offers, prices, specifications and availability may change without notice. Lenovo will contact you and cancel your order if the product becomes unavailable or if there was a pricing or typographic error.
Shhhhhh.....keep it on the d-low. They might not notice it LOL
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
this is an obvious price error, life move on, don't depend on errors.
Nov 4, 2009
133 posts
73 upvotes
Edmonton
well, they did cancel my order last time even I got the confirmation. But that was a price error which after applied some tricky components. It was totally different from this time ---- they advertised the promotion this time!!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)