Expired Hot Deals

[Lenovo Canada] Lenovo Y740 with rtx 2060 for under $2,000

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 10:41 am
Jun 4, 2011
200 posts
49 upvotes
BRAMPTON
Does anyone know when 8 Core (Gen 8/Gen 9) Mobile CPUs will be made available?

I have an 8750h in my work laptop (which scores about 1150 in cinibench when run from a cold start), but it still isn't powerful enough for what I need when on the go (data simulation). I love that all these new laptops are switching over to the RTX platform, but I haven't seen any indication that mainstream retailers will be moving over to 8 core mobile CPUs. I have seen a handful of boutique builds with the 9900k (for $5000+ dollars), but nothing from companies like MSI/Asus/Lenovo etc.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3009 posts
639 upvotes
Calgary
caltech26 wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 3:28 pm
Does anyone know when 8 Core (Gen 8/Gen 9) Mobile CPUs will be made available?

I have an 8750h in my work laptop (which scores about 1150 in cinibench when run from a cold start), but it still isn't powerful enough for what I need when on the go (data simulation). I love that all these new laptops are switching over to the RTX platform, but I haven't seen any indication that mainstream retailers will be moving over to 8 core mobile CPUs. I have seen a handful of boutique builds with the 9900k (for $5000+ dollars), but nothing from companies like MSI/Asus/Lenovo etc.
Probably May, I’d expect a deluge of refreshes for no later than back to school shopping season.

They will be 45 watt parts that manufacturers can tweak up or down.

Early leaks suggest the 6 core parts will be gone in favour of (cores/threads) 8/16, 8/8, 4/8 and 4/4 parts. Maybe the parts lists I saw was incomplete, but the hexas were absent.

[edit] the new six cores just leaked:

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-core- ... op-spotted
Last edited by lewdvig on Mar 1st, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 18, 2017
16 posts
11 upvotes
Anyone willing to share a student/teacher/military code? PM please.
Oct 30, 2006
138 posts
44 upvotes
I cancelled my Feb 3 and Feb 12 orders last week - a few minutes later, both shipped.

Seems cancelling is a great way to get it sooner lol.

My 2060 Y740 w/3yr Onsite/ADP is currently due Wednesday for me, looking forward to it. I called and they are rerouting my original 1 yr Depot order. And my latest order is still sitting, waiting.

It's been funny watching the thread and seeing the conversations repeat (both here and on the NBR Forum).

Aero 15 is great for battery life but horrible for performance, both with single channel and dual (they updated the review soon after it was published). That's why I'm very glad this laptop shows such good performance in line with other manufacturers.

Really grateful for the user who pointed out the eBates, thanks. Every little bit helps.

Peter
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3009 posts
639 upvotes
Calgary
pjpeter wrote:
Feb 25th, 2019 7:28 pm
I cancelled my Feb 3 and Feb 12 orders last week - a few minutes later, both shipped.

Seems cancelling is a great way to get it sooner lol.

My 2060 Y740 w/3yr Onsite/ADP is currently due Wednesday for me, looking forward to it. I called and they are rerouting my original 1 yr Depot order. And my latest order is still sitting, waiting.

It's been funny watching the thread and seeing the conversations repeat (both here and on the NBR Forum).

Aero 15 is great for battery life but horrible for performance, both with single channel and dual (they updated the review soon after it was published). That's why I'm very glad this laptop shows such good performance in line with other manufacturers.

Really grateful for the user who pointed out the eBates, thanks. Every little bit helps.

Peter
Good observation on the cancellation behaviour, I've seen the same phenomenon with Lenovo and Dell.

My Y740 is due Friday, the Y530 is lagging a bit but I am going to cancel it.

[edit] did you get a certificate warning on the OVS cancellation site?
Apr 2, 2013
348 posts
239 upvotes
St. Catharines
Just to point out if anyone was on the fence, eBates is back up to 9%. If you're in the military, I don't think there is a better deal to be had on a new, premium, thin-and-light with RTX graphics out there and there won't be for some time. While it is only the base 2060 with 256 GB NVMe that is available currently, it shows that it ships in 1-3 days (though I really don't know how accurate that is as I'm still waiting for my 2060 to ship)
Jun 15, 2018
14 posts
1 upvote
Can someone send me a epp code I keep looking but cant find one :(
Sep 26, 2015
311 posts
143 upvotes
Are Id.me codes even transferrable?

Looks like my ebates is going to be delayed. Email I received from them. Not sure how mine got messed up, or if I did something.
"Unfortunately, we are only able to add Cash Back to your account once the store lets us know about your order. We will contact the store to verify your order. It usually takes a while to hear back. Depending on the store it might be 10 business days for us to hear back, but it may also take up to 45 days."
Nov 18, 2017
16 posts
11 upvotes
nagooro wrote:
Feb 26th, 2019 3:02 pm
Are Id.me codes even transferrable?

Looks like my ebates is going to be delayed. Email I received from them. Not sure how mine got messed up, or if I did something.
"Unfortunately, we are only able to add Cash Back to your account once the store lets us know about your order. We will contact the store to verify your order. It usually takes a while to hear back. Depending on the store it might be 10 business days for us to hear back, but it may also take up to 45 days."
From what I heard you can generate as many codes as you want after you get accepted. I could be wrong since I haven't been able to get my account approved.
Feb 26, 2019
7 posts
10 upvotes
Looking for a code as well if anyone has one. Debating between this and a ROG Strix laptop.
Jun 15, 2018
14 posts
1 upvote
Ordered one! First laptop in over 7-8 years! I have a desktop which is older but been amazing. I got the 15" the only thing I dont like is the keyboard with the keys on the left before the letter keys.
Dec 25, 2016
65 posts
67 upvotes
My expected shipping date is now March 20th for 17" base model...
Apr 18, 2013
159 posts
81 upvotes
Cambridge
Mine just came in, the 17" model.

Will post more once I am done with updating everything. So far build quality looks very good. Minimal flex in the laptop, material feels really nice, laptop looks great. Keyboard is excellent. I hate track pads but this one is very nice with buttons that have good travel. Numlock is in a weird spot but everything else

Minimal backlight bleed through. A little on the right and top left on mine, but only in the worst of circumstances - really a non issue for my unit and better than many others I have had in the past

Fan noise - Will put it under more stress but it is better than expected given the performance packed into this unit.

Sounds is excellent on the 17" model.

It is replacing a 2-3 year old MSI GS model and I like the look and feel of this much more