Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo Y740 with rtx 2060 for under $2,000

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2019 10:41 am
Feb 26, 2019
9 posts
15 upvotes
Looking for a code as well if anyone has one. Debating between this and a ROG Strix laptop.
Jun 15, 2018
14 posts
1 upvote
Ordered one! First laptop in over 7-8 years! I have a desktop which is older but been amazing. I got the 15" the only thing I dont like is the keyboard with the keys on the left before the letter keys.
Dec 25, 2016
65 posts
67 upvotes
My expected shipping date is now March 20th for 17" base model...
Apr 18, 2013
911 posts
888 upvotes
Mine just came in, the 17" model.

Will post more once I am done with updating everything. So far build quality looks very good. Minimal flex in the laptop, material feels really nice, laptop looks great. Keyboard is excellent. I hate track pads but this one is very nice with buttons that have good travel. Numlock is in a weird spot but everything else

Minimal backlight bleed through. A little on the right and top left on mine, but only in the worst of circumstances - really a non issue for my unit and better than many others I have had in the past

Fan noise - Will put it under more stress but it is better than expected given the performance packed into this unit.

Sounds is excellent on the 17" model.

It is replacing a 2-3 year old MSI GS model and I like the look and feel of this much more
Jun 15, 2018
14 posts
1 upvote
h00pla wrote: Mine just came in, the 17" model.

Will post more once I am done with updating everything. So far build quality looks very good. Minimal flex in the laptop, material feels really nice, laptop looks great. Keyboard is excellent. I hate track pads but this one is very nice with buttons that have good travel. Numlock is in a weird spot but everything else

Minimal backlight bleed through. A little on the right and top left on mine, but only in the worst of circumstances - really a non issue for my unit and better than many others I have had in the past

Fan noise - Will put it under more stress but it is better than expected given the performance packed into this unit.

Sounds is excellent on the 17" model.

It is replacing a 2-3 year old MSI GS model and I like the look and feel of this much more
Oh thanks for that! Question is backlight bleed normal for laptops?
Apr 18, 2013
911 posts
888 upvotes
Dcelw540 wrote: Oh thanks for that! Question is backlight bleed normal for laptops?
it is common. Just depends to what degree if it is bad enough to be an issue, most people won't even notice minimal backlight bleed. I I was actively looking for it and its barely visible at only some angles - not dead on.

User Benchmark

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/15071299

Passmark score 6359
Cpu Mark 14195
2D mark 620
3D mark 13121
Memory mark 2850
Disk Mark 16196
Nov 18, 2017
29 posts
14 upvotes
Placed my order today. How long did it take you guys to receive the ebates notification? I'm hoping adblock didn't mess things up for me.
Sep 26, 2015
816 posts
434 upvotes
Stasys wrote: Placed my order today. How long did it take you guys to receive the ebates notification? I'm hoping adblock didn't mess things up for me.
Sounds like most got it within a few hours.
I didn't even receive one lol. I also have adblock, but put them on the safe list so not sure what happened. I had to contact them cause I didn't receive any notification. They have to now confirm my order with Lenovo, then they will issue it...I think/hope...

Can userbenchmark.com essentially tell you if you have a lemon?
Apr 18, 2011
77 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto/Ottawa
Anyone watched this review?

Hard to say if that guy got a lemon. Maybe he didn't undervolt?

Hoping that the Y740 is not as hot and doesn't throttle as much for other people.
Jun 15, 2018
14 posts
1 upvote
local_02 wrote: Anyone watched this review?

Hoping that the Y740 is not as hot and doesn't throttle as much for other people.
Watched the video and that reviewer is something.. . Very strange but hope this laptop doesn't have alot of issues :/
Aug 8, 2015
255 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Got the default Y740 for $1939 + Taxes ( = $2192.19) and 9% Ebates Cashback. Used the code LEGION20 for 20% OFF , ie $485 OFF. Without the code it is ~2400 +Tax, Specs below,

● Intel Core i7-8750H 6 Core (2.20GHz, up to 4.10GHz with Turbo Boost, 9MB Cache)
● Windows 10 Pro 64
● NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 6GB
● 16GB (8GB + 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
● 1TB Hard Disk Drive, 2.5" SATA, 7200rpm
● 128GB Solid State Drive, M.2 PCIe-NVMe
● 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) NVIDIA® G-SYNC, 144 Hz, 300 nits, software enabled Dolby Vision HDR
● Backlit RGB Keyboard - English
● 720p HD camera with dual array microphone
● Anodizing
● 4 Cell Li-Polymer, 76Wh
● 230 watt AC
● Killer Wireless 802.11 AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth 4.1
● 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
Mobility - Koodo $35/50GB x2
Internet - Cogeco $61/1GBPS
Jan 12, 2013
58 posts
22 upvotes
SURREY
1derfool wrote: Got the default Y740 for $1939 + Taxes ( = $2192.19) and 9% Ebates Cashback. Used the code LEGION20 for 20% OFF , ie $485 OFF. Without the code it is ~2400 +Tax, Specs below,

● Intel Core i7-8750H 6 Core (2.20GHz, up to 4.10GHz with Turbo Boost, 9MB Cache)
● Windows 10 Pro 64
● NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 2060 6GB
● 16GB (8GB + 8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
● 1TB Hard Disk Drive, 2.5" SATA, 7200rpm
● 128GB Solid State Drive, M.2 PCIe-NVMe
● 17.3" FHD (1920 x 1080) NVIDIA® G-SYNC, 144 Hz, 300 nits, software enabled Dolby Vision HDR
● Backlit RGB Keyboard - English
● 720p HD camera with dual array microphone
● Anodizing
● 4 Cell Li-Polymer, 76Wh
● 230 watt AC
● Killer Wireless 802.11 AC (2 x 2) + Bluetooth 4.1
● 1 Year Depot or Carry-in
When was this code available? I could have saved an extra $200... Disappointed But Relieved Face
Sep 26, 2015
816 posts
434 upvotes
yuusha wrote: When was this code available? I could have saved an extra $200... Disappointed But Relieved Face
If you ordered recently call customer service and ask if they can give you a refund of the 20%.
They are usually pretty good.
Aug 8, 2015
255 posts
542 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I brought the laptop today, and the code worked today morning during Checkout.

Yes, would make sense for you to call customer service and ask for the extra $200, they should ideally be able to help and reduce the purchase price.
Mobility - Koodo $35/50GB x2
Internet - Cogeco $61/1GBPS
Apr 18, 2013
911 posts
888 upvotes
local_02 wrote: Anyone watched this review?

Video shows unavailable for me.

My laptop was cool to the touch during benchmarks with only the middle of the laptop being slightly warmer and fans only kicked in about halfway through. The fans are a constant hum that is barely noticeable with volume above 30. I worked late so didnt have much time to do anything outside of those 2 tests. Will see if I have time run something for an extended period in the next couple days. So far my only gripe is that numlock location
Jan 12, 2013
58 posts
22 upvotes
SURREY
nagooro wrote: If you ordered recently call customer service and ask if they can give you a refund of the 20%.
They are usually pretty good.
1derfool wrote: I brought the laptop today, and the code worked today morning during Checkout.

Yes, would make sense for you to call customer service and ask for the extra $200, they should ideally be able to help and reduce the purchase price.
Thanks guys, the customer service chat offered to refund the difference. That saves me the hassle of returning/reordering the laptop, even though I was considering reordering a custom config without the 1TB hard drive in the preconfigured 81HH0000US unit.
By the way, for anyone looking to take advantage of the LEGION20 promo code, the preconfigured 17" units 81HH0000US and 81HH0003US (and I would assume the preconfigured 15" units as well) are not eligible for the promo code. I was offered a smaller refund initially, but after pricing out the exact same specs in the custom config, the customer service rep offered to refund the exact price difference.
Sep 26, 2015
816 posts
434 upvotes
Just got mine, a day early :)
Any settings or things to do right out of the box? Going to run the userbenchmark as well

Do laptops not come with giant manuals anymore? Lol

edit: having the keyboard not centered is throwing me off. Couldn't they just center it and move the macro keys to the edge lol

my benchmarks
userbenchmarks
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
Does the order tracking not work with Lenovo? The UPS link they gave me does not turn up any results.
The Legion Desktop I ordered supposedly shipped Feb 22nd with an estimated arrival of today.

I am deciding between a Lenovo Legion Laptop and a MSI 4K laptop depending on the quality of the Lenovo Legion desktop I receive first.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Feb 28th, 2019 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 21, 2012
883 posts
1049 upvotes
Ontario
nagooro wrote: Just got mine, a day early :)
Any settings or things to do right out of the box? Going to run the userbenchmark as well

Do laptops not come with giant manuals anymore? Lol

edit: having the keyboard not centered is throwing me off. Couldn't they just center it and move the macro keys to the edge lol

my benchmarks
userbenchmarks
Run the updates. There's newer graphics drivers on nvidias site if you want to use unapproved drivers.

One thing really cool to try out is run the iCue software then close it and make sure it's closed in the system tray. Any keyboard settings should disappear. Then press the function button and the space bar. It seems like this will cycle through some sort of preconfigured keyboard settings. One of them is a really cool puddle effect when you type.

Otherwise just try gaming. I just beat shadow of the tomb raider on ultra settings on the 15 inch 2060 model. Really great experience, no slow downs.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)