Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Lenovo YOGA 730 - i5 8250U, 8gb RAM, 256GB SSD - $865 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2018 9:27 am
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
FYI the 256 GB Model is back in stock and a tiny bit cheaper with the new coupons! Although there are a number of people that expressed concerns about the flickering, I am willing to bet this is a small % of overall users. I've looked on reddit and seen mostly positive reviews, and all other laptops (such as the XPS deal today) I've looked at had some bad reviews out there as well (rating 3.1 on amazon). I repurchased and decided to add the 3 year warranty just to be sure ($59 + $23 for onsite support during that time), willing to take the risk with the warranty.

Jul 19, 2011
100 posts
300 upvotes
CALGARY
sammual wrote: I also ordered on Friday; the i7-512 version for $1179. I submitted the cancellation request this morning after reading about the screen issues. But I recieved the shipping confirmation after few hours. Well, it will give opportunity to use it for few days but I am going to return it for sure. Not sure what’s their policy on the restocking fee though. I also recieved the Ebates cashback :) on Friday. Most likely they will undo it.

No restock fee during the holidays.
You have till Jan 15, try it out and see!

I'm excited to use mine.
Sep 27, 2012
363 posts
185 upvotes
GVA
Please I will request suggestions. My requirement is to buy a laptop for for my kid who will likely go to university next year. He just broke his earlier laptop. Few of the preference are 15.6” screen, touchscreen and prefer SSD as I understand this is important for the speed of operations. I have little knowledge about SSD, HDD.

I looked on the black Friday but couldn’t find anything reasonable so now have following two options I am considering and will welcome any other suggestions. Any suggestions? Price reasonable?

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/lenov ... chspecstab

https://www.costco.ca/HP-Pavilion-15-cs ... 21379.html

Another option https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/dell ... 0/13019682 but guess Costco option is better than this Dell.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mapleleafs89 wrote: FYI the 256 GB Model is back in stock and a tiny bit cheaper with the new coupons! Although there are a number of people that expressed concerns about the flickering, I am willing to bet this is a small % of overall users. I've looked on reddit and seen mostly positive reviews, and all other laptops (such as the XPS deal today) I've looked at had some bad reviews out there as well (rating 3.1 on amazon). I repurchased and decided to add the 3 year warranty just to be sure ($59 + $23 for onsite support during that time), willing to take the risk with the warranty.

How does the on-site warranty works?

I want to purchase it but it states that they will only send out a technician if it cannot be resolved by phone.

I don't want to go on 10 calls and just to convince them to send a technician....

And with the flickering issue happening to so many people, I am not sure if the technician can do much.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
letmesee wrote: How does the on-site warranty works?

I want to purchase it but it states that they will only send out a technician if it cannot be resolved by phone.

I don't want to go on 10 calls and just to convince them to send a technician....

And with the flickering issue happening to so many people, I am not sure if the technician can do much.
Never had it myself, but I checked some reddit posts and was satisfied with what I saw. We don't really know how often it occurs though, 0.5 % of devices? 1%? 5%? Either way I've got peace of mind that for 3 years if there is any hardware issue they'll come to me and I don't need to ship it away for a few weeks.
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote: FYI the 256 GB Model is back in stock and a tiny bit cheaper with the new coupons! Although there are a number of people that expressed concerns about the flickering, I am willing to bet this is a small % of overall users. I've looked on reddit and seen mostly positive reviews, and all other laptops (such as the XPS deal today) I've looked at had some bad reviews out there as well (rating 3.1 on amazon). I repurchased and decided to add the 3 year warranty just to be sure ($59 + $23 for onsite support during that time), willing to take the risk with the warranty. Image
Thanks a lot for reviving this thread, and for pointing out that other models are also on sale.

Coupon code CMEXTRA10 takes off another 10% from the deeply discounted sale prices (use CMEXTRA10 instead of the CMEXTRA5 suggested by Lenovo).
For $1,144, I just got the top of the line Yoga 730 with i7-8550U, 16GB of RAM and 512GB SSD.
Plus 12% cash back by going through ebates.ca (today only), so very close to $1K pretax.
Mar 8, 2017
109 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
sammual wrote: I also ordered on Friday; the i7-512 version for $1179. I submitted the cancellation request this morning after reading about the screen issues. But I recieved the shipping confirmation after few hours. Well, it will give opportunity to use it for few days but I am going to return it for sure. Not sure what’s their policy on the restocking fee though. I also recieved the Ebates cashback :) on Friday. Most likely they will undo it.
I asked Lenovo customer rep, we can get full refund if we return within 30 days from invoice date. Refund to original pmt option.
I also ordered XPS and I will see which one to keep. I don’t have high requirements on laptops, maybe I will just keep the good looking one.....
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
JoyL302 wrote: I asked Lenovo customer rep, we can get full refund if we return within 30 days from invoice date. Refund to original pmt option. I also ordered XPS and I will see which one to keep. I don’t have high requirements on laptops, maybe I will just keep the good looking one.....
So, is the return window until January 15, 2019 (as stated by OP six posts above) or just 30 days from invoice date?
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/shopping-faq/#returns

Lenovo.com Holiday Return Policy

Rest easy when making a purchase through Lenovo.com this Holiday season. We offer easy, no hassle returns including:

No restocking fee
No shipping and handling fee
Extended return window for orders placed between November 15 to December 15, 2018
Exceptions: Lenovo.com Outlet orders, server/storage products & orders of quantity greater than 5
For orders placed between November 15th to December 15th 2018, customers may return products and accessories purchased from Lenovo.com in quantities of five (5) units or less for a refund of the price paid through January 15, 2019. Outside of this window, customers may return products purchased from Lenovo.com in quantities of five (5) units or less within 30 calendar days from the date of invoice for a refund of the price paid.*
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
2751 posts
2992 upvotes
Thanks, @mapleleafs89. Good to know that I have until January 15 to test it thoroughly for possible screen flicker issues.
Aug 9, 2014
170 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mapleleafs89 wrote: FYI the 256 GB Model is back in stock and a tiny bit cheaper with the new coupons! Although there are a number of people that expressed concerns about the flickering, I am willing to bet this is a small % of overall users. I've looked on reddit and seen mostly positive reviews, and all other laptops (such as the XPS deal today) I've looked at had some bad reviews out there as well (rating 3.1 on amazon). I repurchased and decided to add the 3 year warranty just to be sure ($59 + $23 for onsite support during that time), willing to take the risk with the warranty.

Not able to get the CMEXTRA10 coupon working neither does my price go below $948. I guess they changed it after Cyber Monday ended.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
3781 posts
1770 upvotes
Edmonton
I purchased two, someone can have one at cost if they want otherwise I will return to Lenovo next week.

$978 all in, located Downtown Toronto.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone received their unit yet?

My order seems to be stuck... not status update for the past few days.
May 28, 2017
29 posts
14 upvotes
I received my shipping notification today. I expected some sort of Black Friday backlog, looking forward to receiving it!
Nov 22, 2018
80 posts
24 upvotes
Got my shipment notification on the 27th. Shipped via UPS and should arrive hopefully arrive on Dec 4th.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone got their shipment yet?

If so, how's the laptop? Any issue with the screen?
Jun 4, 2007
654 posts
433 upvotes
Toronto
Got yesterday...no issues with screen...looks totally normal...ill keep on for a day or two and check again....and also fold it over aLOT so that it stresses the internal ribbon cable....last I read on Reddit was that Lenovo finally address the weak cable and replaced it in the newest batch...so fingers crossed.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2014
1315 posts
116 upvotes
Toronto, ON
g00f wrote: Got yesterday...no issues with screen...looks totally normal...ill keep on for a day or two and check again....and also fold it over aLOT so that it stresses the internal ribbon cable....last I read on Reddit was that Lenovo finally address the weak cable and replaced it in the newest batch...so fingers crossed.
Oh that's great news. So the screen issue is due to the weak cable?
Jul 19, 2011
100 posts
300 upvotes
CALGARY
So unfortunately, right from the get go, I had wifi issues with my unit.

Was 20min in to setting up Windows/removing bloatware and the wifi randomly disconnects or it says connected but "cannot access internet". Read up about the issue and apparently it's common with the shitty Realtek wifi adapter it has. People recommend sending it in for repair and they may switch it to an Intel adapter. I tried troubleshooting it, reinstalling windows completely, but it still persisted.

Not worth the hassle, will be return my unit. Thanks for nothing Lenovo, thought you were a reliable brand...I think I'll just get a Surface if there are any deals on Boxing Day.