Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

Thinkpad X1 Extreme Gen 2 $1493.55 (55% off) at Perkopolis

Sep 6, 2005
966 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
zoni5u wrote: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V7E1T0BW) is what I bought and upgraded to.
How much did you end up getting your 970E for? I was budgetting all across, so I wanted to not break the bank (hence why I went for WD SN550 instead). For what I need it for, it was suitable. I assume you would be moving larger files/gaming?
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Nov 18, 2013
370 posts
407 upvotes
White Rock, BC
booboi wrote: How much did you end up getting your 970E for? I was budgetting all across, so I wanted to not break the bank (hence why I went for WD SN550 instead). For what I need it for, it was suitable. I assume you would be moving larger files/gaming?
I paid $199.99 from amazon. Very satisfied with this ssd. Built my main desktop with it too.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
Is everyone so busy enjoying their new ThinkPad they forgot to share their experiences?

One thing I just realized (although probably same for any laptop) is to adjust the power mode settings when on battery. I have the upgraded FHD screen but it still was only estimating a few hours on battery. Then I noticed the performance slider while on Battery was set to max performance. I moved it down to the 1st notch from the left "better battery"

I must say it feels great to type on. Better than any other laptop I've had. I couldn't understand all the hype around "thinkpad" but I'm starting to get it. Really loved how easy it was to open the back of it to upgrade the ram/ssd. The simple fact that the screws don't fall out, well why doesn't every company do that?
Sep 6, 2005
966 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
indeals wrote: Is everyone so busy enjoying their new ThinkPad they forgot to share their experiences?

One thing I just realized (although probably same for any laptop) is to adjust the power mode settings when on battery. I have the upgraded FHD screen but it still was only estimating a few hours on battery. Then I noticed the performance slider while on Battery was set to max performance. I moved it down to the 1st notch from the left "better battery"

I must say it feels great to type on. Better than any other laptop I've had. I couldn't understand all the hype around "thinkpad" but I'm starting to get it. Really loved how easy it was to open the back of it to upgrade the ram/ssd. The simple fact that the screws don't fall out, well why doesn't every company do that?
I have loved this laptop thus far. I have upgraded to the ips 1080p screen (from the 4k screen). The keyboard I was always used to, and still in love with it. I upgraded from my T460, so in terms of weight, its already a huge difference. Its so smooth its amazing. I have not tried gaming, so not sure of that, but in terms of utilizing in everyday stuff like word, internet, movies.. its been great.
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Nov 18, 2013
370 posts
407 upvotes
White Rock, BC
I love most aspect of the laptop, I would recommend people to get 4k ips display or lower instead of 4k oled if battery is important.
oled is good to look at, but the battery life suffers significantly.
More that I thought it would.
I'm using external pd battery to compensate for it, but I would prefer the 8+ battery life with just a laptop.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
If anyone notices the computer beeping when typing... it sounds like it's related to this issue:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X ... a-p/491705

Basically some 3 key combinations cause the system to beep. Example, press O U N at the same time or hold O hold U then hold N and it will beep when you press N while holding the other two keys. I'm actually pretty surprised that this is a thing.

Has anyone noticed failed keystrokes as in you're typing very fast and the keyboard can't keep up? I don't think I have yet but I'm going to keep my eye on that specifically. The cause of the beeps is apparently a warning to inform the user that multiple keys are being pressed and that the keyboard may not register all strokes after a certain number or combinations are pressed at once.

Edit - there's apparently a known issue with the keyboard missing strokes. This is very unsettling and I may have to return the unit if I can't find a fix because it is indeed incredibly annoying:
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X ... -p/4569936
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2012
1167 posts
1055 upvotes
Ottawa
zhaobinis1 wrote: Checked their website and no such rules.

Rest easy when making a purchase through Lenovo.com this Holiday season. We offer easy, no hassle returns including:

No restocking fee
No shipping and handling fee
Extended return window for orders placed between November 15 to December 15, 2019
Exceptions: Lenovo.com Outlet orders, server/storage products & orders of quantity greater than 5
For orders placed between November 15th to December 15th 2019, customers may return products and accessories purchased from Lenovo.com in quantities of five (5) units or less for a refund of the price paid through January 15, 2020. Outside of this window, customers may return products purchased from Lenovo.com in quantities of five (5) units or less within 30 calendar days from the date of invoice for a refund of the price paid.*
Have you returned your laptop yet? Any issues with the return? I'm thinking of doing the same.
Oct 2, 2016
680 posts
445 upvotes
benzylique wrote: Have you returned your laptop yet? Any issues with the return? I'm thinking of doing the same.
My case is getting a little tricky. I initiated a return case through their online system. They asked me to wait for the return label sent through email. Then the next day I called their customer service and they offered me a replacement and I said ok. I need to return it first of course, and I shall still wait for the return label emailed to me. A couple days ago I received an email with the return label. Now I’m confused if that return label is associated with my return request or replacement request. I sent it out anyway. So I will either get a refund or a replacement. We will see.

But in terms of return, just open a case and select late delivery as return reason. Should be no problem. If you select other reasons related to performance of the laptop they will require a technician case number (meaning you have contacted technical support and return is the only way to resolve the problem).
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
More details on the keyboard issue guys, looks like it's a huge problem not only with missed keystrokes but with characters getting mixed up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thinkpad/comme ... confidence

I made the mistake of upgrading my ram/ssd and I don't actually have my original ram/ssd anymore to return it (sold it in true RFD fashion). I will be contacting lenovo to hold them accountable to a fix or replacement unit, and I guess I'll just tell them to ship the replacement unit without memory or ssd lol.

So disappointed, this is a huge surprise (it just missed typing the p and I had to backspace). I'm a fast and accurate with the keyboard and this keyboard issue is truly the worst experience I've had.

Edit - not sure if Premier Support is offered by default on this particular model or if it's part of the extended warranty I purchased. Anyway I reached them today and they were very kind on the phone and seemingly taking ownership of this so far. They are investigating and I'll come back to update the thread. Maybe this warranty was worth it after all! They confirmed it is a wide spread issue.

Edit 2 - more on the support and customer service experience. I was speaking with someone from North America and there was no wait in queue, they answered immediately. Seemed very knowledgeable. They also emailed me with the status, ticket number, and the email has their full name and email address, very transparent.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
For anyone that purchased this system as is experiencing the keyboard problem (missed keystrokes or other strange keyboard behaviour) please help raise awareness by posting to this Lenovo forum thread:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X ... 36/page/38

If interested in going further, contact support as well. I'm already engaged with support at the "L2" level on the Premium Support line and so far no fix for it. Crazy because this is their flagship laptop.
Oct 2, 2016
680 posts
445 upvotes
Finally received my refund. Took me full 2 months from ordering to refunded.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)