Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lenovo Canada

X1 Extreme G2 - i7/4K OLED/16GB/500GB/3YRS Warranty - $1650

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 26th, 2020 1:02 pm
Oct 30, 2006
683 posts
78 upvotes
Halifax
I am in a similar boat. tempted on this, but scared about the reviews / screen / etc. I don't need 4k. all my videos are editted at 1080 for youtube. Quick edits, nothing fancy. I feel like maybe better to get less resolution and more RAM? I am really clueless but my 840g5 elitebook is probably not the best for what I do. I use Filmora, but a 20min video can take >1 hour sometimes. And extremely laggy during the video building process.

I assume I need more RAM, more CPU, and a dedicated graphics... Which the original post would give me... but I'd be pissed to drop 2000 bucks and have a funny screen (I also dont have a need or desire for touchscreen)... so maybe its not a good fit. I dont know.
Last edited by stevstevd on Feb 24th, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2189 posts
2897 upvotes
TORONTO
Review says it's not as good as the 1st gen, anyone has experience?
This is lava hot for sure.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2005
1330 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal, even better than the Perskopolis deal in December.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10977 upvotes
Scarbs
stevstevd wrote: I am in a similar boat. tempted on this, but scared about the reviews / screen / etc. I don't need 4k. all my videos are editted at 1080 for youtube. Quick edits, nothing fancy. I feel like maybe better to get less resolution and more RAM? I am really clueless but my 840g5 elitebook is probably not the best for what I do. I use Filmora, but a 20min video can take >1 hour sometimes. And extremely laggy during the video building process.

I assume I need more RAM, more CPU, and a dedicated graphics... Which the original post would give me... but I'd be pissed to drop 2000 bucks and have a funny screen (I also dont have a need or desire for touchscreen)... so maybe its not a good fit. I dont know.
You may be able to find something with the same cpu and better gpu for less, but the screen probably won't be as nice, and it certainly won't be as durable

Plus, the 3 year warranty should help cover your bases as well. Note that thinkpad warranty is different from your typical lenovo warranty - you get a north american rep, they send you a shipping box etc.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Feb 18, 2015
391 posts
1720 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is $2,759.50 for the 20QVS0FP00 a good price? It seems like
Oct 2, 2016
680 posts
445 upvotes
Don't buy this. I just returned my X1 Gen 2 due to extremely short battery life (1080p screen with less than 3 hr) and crazy heat and fan noise (fan would spin on idle and CPU temp 70+ on idle). Also the customer service is extremely bad. Cost me 2 months from buying to fully receive my refund (ordered Dec 22 2019, received 19 Jan 2020, returned 31 Jan 2020, refunded 22 Feb 2020).
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
Icewindbandit wrote: Not understanding why this is as Lava Hot as people are saying when you can get an RTX 2060 and 1tb SSD for 300 more?

https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/laptops/le ... 81UJ004TUS
Because this is an X1 Thinkpad - much better build quality and form factor.
This i7 9750h / 4K touchscreen / 16GB RAM / 512GB SSD / 3 year warranty configuration just checks all the right boxes.
Nov 23, 2014
518 posts
465 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
Great price. Looking forward to what Gen 3 will be like in the coming months. I have a gen 1 and it's amazing.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2016
1068 posts
1030 upvotes
There is a huge keyboard problem with these. I have one and have the problem. Still waiting on replacement.

Edit - does Lenovo price match of their product goes on sale after purchase? I received my X1G2 less than a month ago. I could still return it but wonder if they would just credit the difference.
Last edited by indeals on Feb 24th, 2020 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2012
1167 posts
1055 upvotes
Ottawa
Oos. FYI, I bought this laptop in December with the OLED. The battery was terrible but i knew this before hand. My computer was ungodly slow For web browsing but it only had 8gb Of ram. I think i got a lemon though since most people didnt hAve an issue with it. Best of luck! It certainly is a hit deal though
Banned
May 15, 2016
7020 posts
2490 upvotes
Ak654567 wrote: out of stock now
Good. Guess they're clearing it out for the 3rd gen version and the 10th gen processor.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
patel21 wrote: Some people are also having issues with the 4K OLED Touchscreen being grainy looking, due to a very poor quality touchscreen layer on top of the screen
Wow, why go 4k OLED with touch, all you're going to do is reduce the PQ.
2c.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Feb 14, 2007
288 posts
254 upvotes
Just ordered one. If I can tame the fan noise I'll be happy, if not it may have to go back. Certainly the best deal around if you want the OLED screen(a must have for me).
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10977 upvotes
Scarbs
sapguru wrote: How about Lenovo s740 which comes with i7, 16gb Ram, 1 TB SSD, GeForce GTX 1650 and uhd screen? The price is 1749 after 600 discount on Microsoft store.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/p/lenov ... verviewtab
I've been keeping an eye on this model as well - they're very similar machines

Compared to the X1EG2, the S740 has:
- IPS vs OLED
- 1TB vs 500GB storage
- 1 year warranty vs 3 years
- Aluminum casing vs carbon-fiber reinforced plastic

If you don't like the thinkpad aesthetic, i can definitely recommend the s740. BUT, I've definitely seen it lower than $1750 in the past ($1500 at one point, iirc)
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Jul 26, 2013
592 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
I've had the P1 Gen2 for a few months which is the near identical sibling of this (mine is loaded version with 9880h, 2TB SDDs, OLED, T2000, 32GB RAM). Great laptop but I have experienced three negatives.

1. The finish is conducive to leaving fingerprints and other stains. It's not that it doesn't clean up easily but it's perpetually smudged.

2. 4K OLED is gorgeous, but once you've gotten over the wow factor you really wish it had better battery life. My P1 gen2 in other configurations is rated at 14 hours. I usually don't get even 5 with the OLED. Would have preferred 1080p touch but none was available for my model at the time.

3. Possible bug that negatively effects wifi card when Miracast is also in use.. When I connect to my rt-ax88u network using P1's intel ax200 wifi adapter it's uber fast (saturates my 500Mb/s ISP connection from neighboring room). When I use it it with Microsoft's Miracast display adapter (v2) my wifi speed drops to under 100Mb/s. I don't experience this problem with my other laptop. Tried connecting to another slower wifi network that isn't ax while using the same miracast adapter and once again my performance was more than halved. Lenovo shipped me replacement wifi adapter and that didn't help. As of this date the issue remains unresolved for me. (to be fair, it could be something with my Microsofts' Miracast adapter that doesn't play nice with Intel's ax200 wifi adapter that ships with P1 G2 and Extreme G2 models)

UPDATE. Seem to have found solution to problem 3. Just did some more generalized googling and discovered there is a windows setting that can negatively affect wifi when using Miracast. For anyone experiencing a similar issue (using any laptop or wifi adapter) open up a command window and try one of these commands then disconnect and connect

netsh int tcp set global rsc=enabled (this worked for me)
netsh int tcp set global rsc=disabled (this has worked for others)
Last edited by needybot on Feb 24th, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)