lenovo k3 note or asus zenfone 2 1.8/16gb to replace bbz30

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 25th, 2015 12:32 pm
Jun 1, 2015
85 posts
1 upvote

lenovo k3 note or asus zenfone 2 1.8/16gb to replace bbz30

hey guys

out of the two phones in the topic, which would you recommend for a replacement for the z30? i need a newer phone but not ready to pay the outrageous 400-900$ pricepoint for a samsung or htc.

i want a phone today so if you can give me store locations to buy locally in toronto that would be great!
6 replies
Dec 26, 2014
687 posts
580 upvotes
ON
I personally would get the Lenovo as it is cheaper and will give you similar performance to the Zenfone. However, it does have limited Lte connectivity. It will work on all the 3G bands. The Lenovo you will have to order from overseas, whereas the Zenfone can be purchased from Canada Computers or NCIX.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1129 posts
525 upvotes
Corunna, ON
LG G3 from Koodo, or the Moto G from Virgin.

But you will need to have them unlocked online if you are not with Telus/kodoo or Bell/Virgin for the moto G. Still cheaper than Walmart or Staples for moto G even factoring in the unlock, which is cheap on RFDs.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2014
1129 posts
525 upvotes
Corunna, ON
Does blackberry now have Netflix app?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21317 posts
10909 upvotes
Oakville
The K3 is a great phone for the price, but it *does* require some tech know how (rooting, flashing, and debloating) to make it as useful as it can be. It comes pre-loaded with LOADS of Chinese bloatware (it's aimed primarily at the Chinese market) that you need root to remove, and Google Apps doesn't come in the stock firmware, so if you do a full flash you have to also install custom recovery and flash gapps. If this isn't your cup of tea (or if you need LTE on anybody but Rogers/Bell, or even Bell outside of their 2600mHz coverage zone), the Zenfone is a better option. I did a full review of the K3 Note on my blog, if you want more details. It's definitely not the phone for everybody.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)