Boxing Day 2012 Deals Archive

[Comp] Lenovo ThinkPad Boxing Day Sale / Doorbusters + 8% RFD Cashback!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 11:48 pm
Mar 30, 2007
317 posts
55 upvotes
Toronto
From what the CSR told me the units are in production and will get shipped with the SSD drive by Jan 7th. I placed my order on Dec 26th and he even mentioned that we can fast track my order if I needed it shipped early.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2049 posts
501 upvotes
AB
a question for those who ordered from Lenovo before: When they put a hold for an amount on your credit card, does it stay on until it's converted to an actual charge, or does it disappear and then is charged again when the order is shipped? I am specifically interested to hear from someone who is using Cap1 MC.
Aug 25, 2010
291 posts
31 upvotes
So, apparently the rep who said that the "blocked" didn't mean anything was full of ***** . According to someone else at lenovo, the "block" had to do with my credit card, which is nonsense because I paid for other things with my card since then with no problems. It's a visa card. Other people were saying that they had problems with MasterCard and lenovo was blaming them, so clearly Lenovo screwed up somewhere. Perhaps they just put everything to "blocked" so they would have an excuse to delay orders more? Apparently my order won't ship until the 14th, which is ridiculous.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
2049 posts
501 upvotes
AB
any updates? everyone just wants to seat it out, and not angry the Lenovo gods? :)
My ship date moved to Jan 26. Anyone has it sooner?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1944 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Nope, my ship date is also Jan 26. I ordered the 256 GB SSD Twist at 6:30 AM AST that offer day.

I'm probably not expecting it, but I can live with the $676 fee for a month before Lenovo reverses it at the end of the month.
Pepsi: First a XBox360, then a Samsung 40" LCD HDTV, then a Sony Ericsson W300i, then a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV, then a ...

Coke: What!? This isn't a $2249 Dell Inspiron 6000! It's an entry level $899 laptop! But hey, thanks for the two Nintendo Wii's!
Jul 4, 2003
373 posts
27 upvotes
Brampton, ON
my twist is 26th, no update.
my Y500 in the 2nd (yesterday), and still no update. Kinda annoyed about this, expected ship date yesterday and no emails or updates to my status....

Guess we can pretty much ignore expected ship dates.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2206 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
Just called about my twist order and they say it has an estimated ship date of January 7th. She also said let me check if there are any problems and returned back and said no.

Kind of weird she said 7th since online it says 26th. Hopefully it actually ships out.
Sep 21, 2007
321 posts
32 upvotes
Lenovo usually takes 2 weeks to ship, so it's unlikely anyone who ordered on or after Boxing day would have their orders shipped.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
5432 posts
393 upvotes
Toronto
The plot thickens, wonder what other twists are in store for us.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2008
1393 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
w33deater wrote:
Dec 29th, 2012 10:43 pm
Copy / paste from other Lenovo thread on the BLOCKED order issue:

IF YOU HAVE A STATUS OF BLOCKED - Call your credit card company!!!
Mastercard asshats have been declining all my Lenovo purchases as fraud and were only going to advise me Monday - maybe.
They even declined my Costco.ca purchase - even though I get NO info telling me this from Costco, lenovo or MBNA
Online it does NOT say declined, they are all TEMP charges that appear to be OK.
MBNA Mastercard - YOU SUCK!

edit: just got off the phone with MBNA, they cannot re-approve the charges, they say to reorder lol
They do not give a crap if the things you 'think' you paid for are now sold out and no longer available... they are protecting me from fraud. Such BS
FYI, my credit is superb, never have a balance and pay on time, their fraud system doesn't care!
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/price-er ... st16069588
Same thing happened with BestBuy and FS, in addition to my experience with Lenovo - for FS I kept calling the credit card issuing bank, confirming my address and purchase, only to have the order never go through over and over again. It's obviously the system at retailers that are **** up, not the credit cards. I made one call to confirm my info and I haven't had a problem with Best Buy since. With FS I can only order online using a gift-card at this point...

Lenovo is also another company who's system is REALLY BAD (just look at how many price errors they have regularly) - even when you enter your address correctly online, you'll notice that there will be errors in the info when you receive your confirmation email. Even when you call in and tell a CSR directly what your address is, it comes back with a mistake.

Welcome to Lenovo folks - get your deal, get your think pads, and be done with it. Nothing ever matches up or makes sense with Lenovo, and the CSRs a typically very inept.
Deal Addict
Jul 9, 2003
1059 posts
22 upvotes
Burnaby
i ordered a T430 on boxing day, it was shipped a few days later. It's been stuck on "Carrier and Customs Released" for the past 3 days though in Canada :(
I like Maynards Gummies
Sep 21, 2007
321 posts
32 upvotes
To my surprise the T430u I bought on Boxing day shipped today already. I guess Lenovo shipping isn't as abysmally slow as it used to be.
Aug 25, 2010
291 posts
31 upvotes
Looks like my order got bumped up from shipping on the 14th to estimated shipping on the 6th. Ordered t430u
× < >