Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Comp]

Lenovo ThinkPad Boxing Day Sale / Doorbusters + 8% RFD Cashback!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 11:48 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1819 posts
257 upvotes
AvacadoLover wrote: I would wait. New Haswell CPU is releasing in about 3/4 months and from the specs, would double battery life and performance.
Yes the Haswell CPU is spec are very impressive running at 10watts. I heard that it will be out Q2 2013 with limited volume and full volume Q3-Q4 2013. This chip will change the demand and design of ultrabooks.

If price is your deciding point then you might have to wait a 1 year. But 3rd gen intel chips might drop in price as the new 4th gen chips come out...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2396 posts
1538 upvotes
ciuvak wrote: That 256GB SSD is an optional component in many other enterprise/business Thinkpad models, so it's not like they don't have it as an optional component in their factory.
US Lenovo has the same TP twist but the 256 SSD option is never there.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
3084 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
Mine is in production now with a ship date of tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't get redirected.
Dec 9, 2006
367 posts
129 upvotes
Richmond Hill North
Musiq Soulchild wrote: Mine is in production now with a ship date of tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't get redirected.
What time did you place the order? My order is still in processing.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2004
8558 posts
4191 upvotes
Toronto (Central)
Musiq Soulchild wrote: Mine is in production now with a ship date of tomorrow. Hopefully it doesn't get redirected.
+1
Ordered it on the morning of the 26th.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7309 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
mine is in production too with a ship date of tommorow
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7309 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
Maybe the guy in charge is on vacation and this will slip by.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
3084 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
toalan wrote: Maybe the guy in charge is on vacation and this will slip by.
Never know till we get it. Even if it ships out there is no guarantee that it won't get intercepted back to their facility in GTA.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7309 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
Looking at the x220 price error debacle thread, people who ordered it on the April 27th got the cancellation email on the 29th, if this was a normal time of the year I expect to get the cancellation email today or tommorow. This is quite a thrill, the mystery of what will happen makes the deal so much more appealing.
Apr 26, 2012
454 posts
354 upvotes
TORONTO
Just checked my status for the Twist 256gb i7 8gb config

"Our apologies, there was an error in the system. Please try again.If the error persists, please contact Lenovo."
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2396 posts
1538 upvotes
sparkyrsx wrote: Just checked my status for the Twist 256gb i7 8gb config

"Our apologies, there was an error in the system. Please try again.If the error persists, please contact Lenovo."
Doesn't look good, does it :)

Go go lenovo.com, choose Canada/English. At the bottom of the page click on Order Status then enter you email and order #
Apr 26, 2012
454 posts
354 upvotes
TORONTO
siennaLe2008 wrote: Doesn't look good, does it :)

Go go lenovo.com, choose Canada/English. At the bottom of the page click on Order Status then enter you email and order #
"Please check back later to view your order. System updates are made four times a day."
Oct 25, 2006
3 posts
Mount Pearl
Order date Order # Items Status
26/12/12 4242385641 IdeaPad Y500 Laptop - 59360244 - Dusk Bl Cancel for Fraud Manual Review

Just great. Pass up on other deals and then have this a few days later. What the hell?
Mar 30, 2007
506 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
My ship date for the Twist has changed from Dec 30 to Jan 26. Still In Process though.
Oct 25, 2006
3 posts
Mount Pearl
Yes apparently. I called the cs line, they can give no explanation as to what the supposed fraud is. Would I like to reorder? No thanks, I'll take my $ elsewhere. Was looking forward to this laptop which was more than I needed but not with this hassle. It was a torture even ordering it in the first place their website had so many hiccups. I suspect the fraud detection picked up on the fact that I tried to do this purchase with one account. On the submit order page, it crashed, couldn't get anyone to determine if an order had gone through or not. Couldn't then log into that account. Resetting the password did nothing, repeatedly. Created another account, same details, different login name but everything else the same. Order went through fine, canceled days later.

HP Envy 6 1080ca now ordered instead from Staples. It will more than meet my needs and saved me $300.
Sep 21, 2007
331 posts
39 upvotes
What did you expect, did you think it was likely any company would let you get away with this massive price error? There is less than 1 in 10 chance something like this ever goes through.
Oct 25, 2006
3 posts
Mount Pearl
I don't know if you are directing this at me, but I didn't order anything with a massive price error. I ordered a Y500 which had the same price for weeks, still has the same price today.
Dec 29, 2008
484 posts
24 upvotes
Fireflies wrote: What did you expect, did you think it was likely any company would let you get away with this massive price error? There is less than 1 in 10 chance something like this ever goes through.
The Y500 wasn't a price error, this is a lenovo screw up, I ordered 2 Y500s fine (one is going back though).
bagadonitz wrote: Order date Order # Items Status
26/12/12 4242385641 IdeaPad Y500 Laptop - 59360244 - Dusk Bl Cancel for Fraud Manual Review

Just great. Pass up on other deals and then have this a few days later. What the hell?
There is still hope for the twist.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)