Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
[Comp]

Lenovo ThinkPad Boxing Day Sale / Doorbusters + 8% RFD Cashback!

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2013 11:48 pm
Dec 1, 2012
60 posts
7 upvotes
Copy / paste from other Lenovo thread on the BLOCKED order issue:

IF YOU HAVE A STATUS OF BLOCKED - Call your credit card company!!!
Mastercard asshats have been declining all my Lenovo purchases as fraud and were only going to advise me Monday - maybe.
They even declined my Costco.ca purchase - even though I get NO info telling me this from Costco, lenovo or MBNA
Online it does NOT say declined, they are all TEMP charges that appear to be OK.
MBNA Mastercard - YOU SUCK!

edit: just got off the phone with MBNA, they cannot re-approve the charges, they say to reorder lol
They do not give a crap if the things you 'think' you paid for are now sold out and no longer available... they are protecting me from fraud. Such BS
FYI, my credit is superb, never have a balance and pay on time, their fraud system doesn't care!
price-error-lenovo-website-1279808/21/#post16069588
Aug 25, 2010
291 posts
31 upvotes
Looking to get some input on the t430u deal. - $659

Intel Core i5-3427U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.80 GHz)
Windows 8 64
14.0W HD (1366 x 768) LED, Anti-Glare, Black (With No WWAN)
Intel HD Graphics 4000, Intel Core Processor i5-3427U
4 GB DDR3 - 1600MHz (1 DIMM)
No Fingerprint Reader
500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
3 cell Li-polymer Battery 47 Whr
ThinkPad a/b/g/n Wireless & Bluetooth 4.0 (2x2 ABGN & BT 4.0)
No Mobile Broadband support
1 Year Depot/Express Warranty

Is that a good deal, or is it the standard price? Wondering if I should just hold off another few weeks until everyone tries to get rid of their excess stock.

Does anyone know how this compares to the ideapad 410u?
Dec 1, 2012
60 posts
7 upvotes
Lucky75 wrote: Looking to get some input on the t430u deal. - $659

Intel Core i5-3427U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.80 GHz)
Windows 8 64
14.0W HD (1366 x 768) LED, Anti-Glare, Black (With No WWAN)
Intel HD Graphics 4000, Intel Core Processor i5-3427U
4 GB DDR3 - 1600MHz (1 DIMM)
No Fingerprint Reader
500GB Hard Disk Drive, 7200rpm
3 cell Li-polymer Battery 47 Whr
ThinkPad a/b/g/n Wireless & Bluetooth 4.0 (2x2 ABGN & BT 4.0)
No Mobile Broadband support
1 Year Depot/Express Warranty

Is that a good deal, or is it the standard price? Wondering if I should just hold off another few weeks until everyone tries to get rid of their excess stock.

Does anyone know how this compares to the ideapad 410u?
I looked at the 410, but went with the T530 in the end. I will upgrade RAM & drive later.
The 410 is not as durable for sure. T series is bulletproof quality
Aug 25, 2010
291 posts
31 upvotes
Yeah, it's thinner too, I think, but heavier. I wonder if that's a standard price or if it's actually a good deal right now. Can we get 8% cashback on it?
Dec 1, 2012
60 posts
7 upvotes
My very informed friend told me it's a no brainer. T series is best bang for the buck. I looked at a Z500 & the U410 but they are not the same overall build quality, the T530 will outlast them easily. I will throw in a SSD & add RAM, way better option than the others by far.
Backlit keyboard, WiDi, business quality... all reasons I chose it. I went with the 1600 resolution option.
I did use the 8% cashback link, no problem.
Atually, I read you use the REGULAR link to build & add it to cart, THEN use cashback link, click on cart and go from there. Only issue I had was I could not log into my account from there, so I used Guest checkout.
Aug 25, 2010
291 posts
31 upvotes
Yeah, how do we know if we got the cashback working? I clicked on the link in page 3 of the thread which seemed to take me through EPP as well. Bought the T430u with the i5 3427U. Seems to be a pretty good deal, although not all that much better than normal. With the 8% cashback though it's not too shabby, assuming I did in fact get it.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1868 posts
493 upvotes
TORONTO
What's happening with this block error?

I called lenovo and there hours are not active today. So I guess I gotta call tommorow
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
2059 posts
425 upvotes
Scarborough
My order got wiped lol... It was like it was never there...
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
Devotion wrote: My order got wiped lol... It was like it was never there...
have you checked the "My Account" page on Lenovo? Because those quick links they sent out for order status are broken.
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1868 posts
493 upvotes
TORONTO
Devotion wrote: My order got wiped lol... It was like it was never there...
I think you just have a blocked order I think I had the same issue as well. Just check my account
Aug 25, 2010
291 posts
31 upvotes
My order's blocked too, and I just ordered the t430u last night, it's not like I took advantage of a price error or something...
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
2059 posts
425 upvotes
Scarborough
ciuvak wrote: have you checked the "My Account" page on Lenovo? Because those quick links they sent out for order status are broken.
I didn't register an account...
Sep 21, 2007
331 posts
39 upvotes
Even Best Buy/Future Shop boxing day shipping is lightning fast compared to Lenovo.
Aug 25, 2010
291 posts
31 upvotes
I called today and even though my order says blocked, lenovo says all is good.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
2160 posts
141 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Exception
Our apologies, there was an error in the system. Please try again.If the error persists, please contact Lenovo.

I've been getting this error since December 29 when I go and check my order status dozens of times per day.
Pepsi: First a XBox360, then a Samsung 40" LCD HDTV, then a Sony Ericsson W300i, then a Samsung 32" LCD HDTV, then a ...

Coke: What!? This isn't a $2249 Dell Inspiron 6000! It's an entry level $899 laptop! But hey, thanks for the two Nintendo Wii's!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2010
2059 posts
425 upvotes
Scarborough
Lucky75 wrote: I called today and even though my order says blocked, lenovo says all is good.
What do you mean they said it's all good? Do they know this is a pricing error? Or in their system it shows that your order is good?
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2012
1868 posts
493 upvotes
TORONTO
sparhawk909 wrote: Exception
Our apologies, there was an error in the system. Please try again.If the error persists, please contact Lenovo.

I've been getting this error since December 29 when I go and check my order status dozens of times per day.
Call lenovo.

I called them and they said my system was released to manufacturing. They told me their were a lot of orders placed. They also said wait about 24 hours and check back your order status. So far so good.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)