Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

LENOVO THINKPAD X220 TABLET LAPTOP, 8GB, 320GB HDD, INTEL i7-2620M 2.7GHz- $ 340

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2015 2:41 pm
31 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Does anyone know if it's possible to pick-up in person from one of their locations?
Aug 25, 2006
121 posts
3 upvotes
spinningpiledriver wrote: It was only 300 before
You might be referring to the non-tablet version which is still 300. there was a tablet version about a week ago for 380. But that might have been grade a not grade b
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2010
1726 posts
2170 upvotes
Earth
daregiri wrote: ca.refurb.io is selling the Lenovo Thinkpad x220 Tablet for $340.

Use promo code FREESHIP (save shipping fee)
#Lenogate, never forget
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
7433 posts
4185 upvotes
Moncton, NB
geoffs wrote: #Lenogate, never forget
#whocares, Move on

Thanks for posting op. I'll pass on the deal to a few people I know that was looking :)
Deal Guru
Sep 8, 2007
10938 posts
14389 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
geoffs wrote: #Lenogate, never forget
#lenogate?

What's wrong with Jay Leno?
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2011
1153 posts
832 upvotes
HUNTSVILLE
Does anyone know if this would have built in bluetooth?
Dec 11, 2010
728 posts
698 upvotes
That sucks. Otherwise I would have order it.
[QUOTE]Refurb.io classifies grade B units as ones that may contain: Scratches or dents, glossy keyboard, minor non-chassis or hinge cracks, or very minor screen scuffs/white spots. All units are fully functional other than cosmetic blemishes. They still come with a 30 day warranty from point of purchase on the hardware however there are no returns. Batteries are covered for 14 days from point of purchase. [/QUOTE]
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Does no return equate to no exchange?
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1801 posts
1263 upvotes
cartfan123 wrote: #lenogate?

What's wrong with Jay Leno?
What isnt?!?!

#IStandWithCoco

Seriously though, lenovo seems to always load their laptops with spyware now. Its a moot issue if you reformat it when you first get it(which you'd probably want to do with reconditioned stuff anyway) as its not part of the recovery files. Otherwise, they're well made machines(not as good as the pre-lenovo thinkpads) that typically only have dim screens as their weak point.

If i was in the market for this kind of machine, I would probably jump on it. I have a TF100 thats kinda-sorta filling that role though(lighter, smaller, better battery life. Not nearly as powerful and no wacom panel tho)
Mar 20, 2008
181 posts
181 upvotes
Toronto
Decent deal, would be better @ 300$.

... as for lenovo "spyware" -- who cares about the spyware. Anybody who knows anything about computers will probably re-install a clean OS Windows/Linux.

Isnt that the first thing you do when getting a laptop? pretty sure everybody started doing this in 1998
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
48990 posts
10269 upvotes
Richmond Hill
O/S: Windows 7 Pro
Bit: 64
I love this - they list this in the specs... "Bit: 64", as if "Bit" is an actual specification of the laptop.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
58618 posts
24555 upvotes
How is the digitizer on this?

I assume battery life will be three hours tops?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
msaf wrote: Decent deal, would be better @ 300$.

... as for lenovo "spyware" -- who cares about the spyware. Anybody who knows anything about computers will probably re-install a clean OS Windows/Linux.

Isnt that the first thing you do when getting a laptop? pretty sure everybody started doing this in 1998
My thinkpad came with clean install of win7 64 bit from them so I'm saved from any bloatware
Dec 12, 2014
52 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
http://thehackernews.com/2015/08/lenovo ... lware.html

[QUOTE]The feature is known as "Lenovo Service Engine" (LSE) – a piece of code presents into the firmware on the computer's motherboard.
If Windows is installed, the LSE automatically downloads and installs Lenovo's own software during boot time before the Microsoft operating system is launched, overwriting Windows operating system files.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]More worrisome part of the feature is that it injects software that updates drivers, firmware, and other pre-installed apps onto Windows machine – even if you wiped the system clean.[/QUOTE]

only devices since june 2015 were having this piece of firmware removed due to buffer overflow exploits found from usages of it. resulting in levono releasing a tool to remove it once windows is installed. but not a firmware update itself to remove the self installing rootkit.

and only cause microsoft gave them hell for replacing windows system files and breaking windows system file protection SFP. and exploiting the driver signing capability microsoft trusted them in.