Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Lens and Shutter, BC: Great deals in Photography

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2014 9:41 pm
Tags:
None
4 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
Funny, these are some of the hottest deals I've seen this BF, but there seems to be very little interest. Half price on B+W circular polarizers, Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod legs, some high end tripods from Gitzo, FLM etc., Canon battery grips, Metz flashes, Pentax lenses and flashes, on and on.
Dec 24, 2012
123 posts
78 upvotes
VANCOUVER
CAD mark up my friend.... If you like supporting canadian businesses it's not that bad but there are certainly cheaper options out there. A quick look at B&H will show lower prices for a lot of those products.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
4713 posts
6306 upvotes
Prince George
That may be true for a few items, but for most these Lens & Shutter prices rock. For example (picking a couple at random):

Gitzo GK1580TQR5 tripod: $750 USD after MIR at B&H. $530 CAD L&S.
Sigma 8 mm f3.5 EX DG Fisheye for Nikon: $899 USD at B&H. $500 CAD L&S.

Granted some of the items are discontinued / previous generation, but the prices are really really good on most of them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: Funny, these are some of the hottest deals I've seen this BF, but there seems to be very little interest. Half price on B+W circular polarizers, Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod legs, some high end tripods from Gitzo, FLM etc., Canon battery grips, Metz flashes, Pentax lenses and flashes, on and on.
Probably because the general population is fine with just using their phones, tablets or point & shoot camera's.
Consider yourself lucky to have a hobby where you were able to get these deals without too much trouble, or "sold out" everywhere.

I'd compare it to the Vinyl Records vs iTunes/MP3 scenario.
Folks pay $1 to download one song......I pay $1 (or less) and can get a great used album, which is a heck of a lot more enjoyable in the long run.
But like real Photography, it takes time and effort to get the most out of Vinyl (cleaning, maintaining equipment, supplies, care & handling, etc).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)