Food & Drink

Leoni's Restaurant in Toronto: Any Reviews?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2004 12:09 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
May 28, 2004
515 posts
140 upvotes

Leoni's Restaurant in Toronto: Any Reviews?

Thanks Yeungsprite...I'm gonna check out Leoni's

if anyone wants to leave me a review/suggestions on what to order, it'll be much appreciated.
8 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
1674 posts
2 upvotes
hot dogs outside union station are $1.50, tha'ts 50 cents cheaper than any other hot dog stand around toronto.
;)

all depends on what kinda food u want. new generation sushi is really cheap on bloor between bathurst and spadina, as a matter of fact, that block from bathurst to spadina on bloor has the most restaurants out of any section in toronto
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1084 posts
3 upvotes
Côte Saint-Luc
anywhere in the entertainment book that has a coupon for XXX % off for a party of XXX or more (since you're 10 peeps you;'d have to look through the book for a while... )
Jul 5, 2003
385 posts
Toronto
Papa Leoni's on Blue Jays Way is awesome for large groups...massive portions! Each dish is made for 2 or 4 people, so partner up!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5777 posts
209 upvotes
Vancouver
yeungsprite wrote:Papa Leoni's on Blue Jays Way is awesome for large groups...massive portions! Each dish is made for 2 or 4 people, so partner up!
yup..don;t go if your eating alone or with a date..too much food for 1 or 2 people.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
1821 posts
165 upvotes
Yes Do not go without a partner......... The portions are soooooooo huge.

The cake is big enough for 4

A+ for quality
A+ for Value
B- for Service
Sep 6, 2003
899 posts
2 upvotes
There are 2 sizes to choose from - large or small. The small pasta dish will feed 1 to 2 people. Not sure how many people the large dish feeds.

I found the small pasta size a bit chintzy for 2 people though so you'll need to order a couple of dishes for 2. Don't get the bruschetta - it's very soggy and the bread was like the quality of wonder bread but crusty. I make better bruschetta.

The food isn't that good. The waiter was such a big turn off when we went last mth. He pulled off his bandaid in front of us while he introduced himself to us. That was so gross. The bandaid was loose so he pulled it off at the level of our faces. Our table was by the kitchen door and after the dude pulls off his bandaid and then leaves, another waiter dropped a couple of platters of food near our table with a huge huge bang. Luckily, nothing splattered on us and we didn't get hit by shards of dish. Plus the waiter was never around and service was slow. BTW, don't get the chocolate cake (i think it's 8 thin layers or something). It looks good on someone else's table but when we ate it, it was stale and dry. Better to look at then eat.

I don't recommend this place anymore. Too many turnoffs.
[OP]
May 28, 2004
515 posts
140 upvotes
thanks for all the info everyone
[OP]
May 28, 2004
515 posts
140 upvotes
So I checked out Leoni's today. I guess most importantly, the food tasted good. The service was friendly and quick, but I think that's because there were only about 4 other tables of people when I was eating. Right before we ordered, the waiter informed us that the menu/portions have now changed, and that now "solo" actually means for one person, and "grande" means it could probably serve two. The music was a little too much at times, especially when the mariachi band singers insisted we learn the words and sing along.