Leon's Delivery Question - Furniture

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 20th, 2017 9:02 am
[OP]
Jan 21, 2010
163 posts
198 upvotes

Leon's Delivery Question - Furniture

So yesterday I bought a new couch which is going to be delivered this weekend.

It's been about 8years since I bought a large anything.

Just wondering from those who have bought anything from Leon's recently, if they can't get a item through the front door, will they remove the sliding patio doors in order to bring in the item.

I know 8yrs ago they did? I was looking at my new patio door and I'm not sure how to remove the stationary door at glance.

Thanks
1 reply
Mar 11, 2017
72 posts
25 upvotes
nope, they won't touch anything mounted or that you need to remove a bolt or screw. and in most cases if you don't already have it removed for them they will say to call and reschedule since they have a sort of time frame to keep. say the person before you had the same issue and it took them 2 hrs to bring their furniture in and it caused yours to be rescheduled... wouldn't you be upset ? so they stopped doing it to keep things moving and to get as many deliveries done.

if it's as simple as popping the hinges on a door, they will quickly do that, but nothing more. so if that stationary door has quite a bit to have done to remove it i would get on it now or at least the day before (should only be a couple screws/bolts at the top or bottom and then it lifts up or pivots in or out) to see what it needs and be ready to have it out when they are ready to pull up as they will call you and let you know how soon they will be.