Page 1 of 2

Les Miserables in Toronto

Posted: May 9th, 2013 10:28 pm
by mcewen
Looking to get tix for a performance when it opens this fall... but not sure where the best place to get the tickets.

Prices online are pretty high. Any ideas how to get better deals?

Re: Les Miserables in Toronto

Posted: May 17th, 2013 12:16 pm
by ShinNoodles
:arrowu:

I'm looking for any promotional offers for Les Mis tickets as well. Thanks.

Posted: May 17th, 2013 6:11 pm
by aznnorth
Saw this years ago in TO at the Royal Alex.

Posted: May 21st, 2013 2:00 pm
by tezster
I'm also looking for some reasonably priced tickets - I'm open to dinner+show packages, as long as the seats are decent.

I also saw the previous Les Mis run - I was in grade 8 and it was part of a school trip :)

Posted: May 21st, 2013 2:28 pm
by Maniaxe
Maybe I'll see it just for Melissa O'Neil who won Canadian Idol in season 3.

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2013 4:11 pm
by 9394

Posted: Jul 15th, 2013 3:56 pm
by Daniel02
Thanks, 9394. That's an interesting option. I'd love to find a discount for weekend tickets, but that may be too optimistic.

Posted: Sep 8th, 2013 1:40 pm
by Said212
BUMP! Looking for a deal as well :D

Posted: Sep 8th, 2013 7:34 pm
by 9394
I sucked it up and just paid regular price... :lol:

Posted: Sep 8th, 2013 9:33 pm
by blitzteen17
http://www.perkopolis.com/

if your employer offers this you'll get a small discount on les mis tickets. discount is pretty dismal...around $10 and dates are very very limited.

Posted: Sep 18th, 2013 12:07 pm
by kenche
Do you guys think there will be some sort of discount code for this show? or highly unlikely?

Posted: Sep 19th, 2013 8:29 am
by BinaryJay
kenche wrote:
Sep 18th, 2013 4:07 pm
Do you guys think there will be some sort of discount code for this show? or highly unlikely?
Like every show there will be big discounts after it has been around for a while... don't worry it's not like this show is going to go away you'll see it cheap eventually...

You know your place in the sky
You hold your course and your aim
And each in your season
Returns and returns
And is always the same

Posted: Sep 21st, 2013 5:04 pm
by Angela V
Check for a Facebook page. The "Cats" FB page had some discounts. My husband got free tickets though so we didn't need any discounts. He's hoping his friend gives him Les Miserables free tickets also.

How to get cheap tickets for Les Miserables

Posted: Oct 28th, 2013 5:24 pm
by Belinda123
mcewen wrote:
May 10th, 2013 2:28 am
Looking to get tix for a performance when it opens this fall... but not sure where the best place to get the tickets.

Prices online are pretty high. Any ideas how to get better deals?
You have a few options:

1. Buy cheap seats for cheaper performances. So this means ... buy your tickets for Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday performances (Wednesday matinees are the cheapest) when ticket prices are lower. If you buy a cheap seat on a cheap night, you will pay just $45. If you buy a ticket for a Wednesday matinee, the cheapest ticket is $35. Compare that to $59 for the same ticket on the weekend!

2. Buy your tickets directly from the box office to avoid hefty service fees. Call 416-872-1212, ext. 0 to find out which Mirvish theatre box offices are open and their hours of operation.

3. Les Miserables is running (I believe) until February 2014. Later in the run there will likely be some good discounts if ticket sales begin to drop. It's also possible there could be some good deals over the Christmas holidays. Mirvish often announces ticket deals for the holidays when attendance is sometimes down. So be patient and you will probably get a good deal.

4. You can also check for people selling tickets on kijiji.com. This may be risky, but there are ways to work around this. The best thing is to buy a ticket from someone who is also attending the show so you can walk with them right up to the entry and have the usher scan the ticket to ensure it's legitimate before paying for the ticket.

You will LOVE Les Miserables. As miserables as you may be about the price, it's totally worth it when you're sitting in Princess of Wales enjoying the incredible performance! It's a fantastic show!

Belinda
Thumbs Up Theatre Toronto
www.thumbsuptheatre.com

Posted: Jan 4th, 2014 12:24 am
by flexwong
Saw this last week, final extension until February 2nd. If you're on the fence, go watch it. I absolutely loved it and would go again if I had the time or money! Lol. I sat in the balcony, pretty near the back but had absolutely no problem with seeing the entirety of the stage or hearing the songs. Every thing was perfect. But do yourself a favour and make sure you pick a show where Ramin Karimloo is playing Jean Valjean. He's not Colm Wilkinson (obviously) but he was brilliant in his own way. If you've only seen the movie, you probably owe it to yourself to watch it live and see how much more powerful it becomes with much better singing.

Also, it's cheaper if you pick up the tickets in person at the theatre to avoid paying processing fees online. A bit of a hassle but if you're downtown anyway, worth it.