Shopping Discussion

Let's discuss ioffer.com. Experience and reviews of purchased items.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2017 10:48 am
[OP]
Sep 23, 2010
75 posts
24 upvotes

Let's discuss ioffer.com. Experience and reviews of purchased items.

Hi All,

Been lurking around the Hot Deals forum for far too long, and after stumbling across ioffer.com I found a ton of products (most, if not all knockoffs) that caught my eye. I was hoping to get some discussion going about different items people have purchased from ioffer, and any success/horror stories they may have.

Hopefully this thread can generate some speed, and help people save some cash and headaches in the future.
49 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2010
1720 posts
87 upvotes
Barrie
I've purchased a couple dvds and cosmetic items from through ioffer with no problems. I found its not as user friendly as eBay but I had no problems and would use it again
Jul 23, 2008
866 posts
278 upvotes
I got some dvd's from there and if it wasn't obvious everything is counterfeit. I also ordered 3 x pairs of soccer cleats. I was sent a tracking # and when the item arrived I was thinking hmmmm this is small package. When I opened the box, it was an empty Omega watch box. I already suspected the worst because if the price is too good to be true, then it normally is. I started a chargeback with my credit card company and I was repaid, but I had to show proof of me returning the empty box back to a non-existent address in China. Not saying there are not genuine sellers on there, but definitely buyer beware.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2007
1221 posts
128 upvotes
Mississauga
I buy & sell on there. Like others have said, not very user friendly but if you are looking for fakes, that's the place to go!

Got my fake UGGs on there for $60 shipped from China & I LOVE them ;)

Selling on there is annoying. Buyers can buy something & you have no way to get payment from them if they decide not to. The fees are pretty high too, especially for the smaller stuff.
:arrow: I'LL BUY WAGJAG COUPON CODES! $5, $10 & $20 (from liking on FB or icoke - Paying 30% of coupon value by Paypal) - PM ME! :!:

My Ebay items for sale: HERE! :)
[OP]
Sep 23, 2010
75 posts
24 upvotes
Great to see some responses!
I just recently purchsed a knockoff watch purely because of it's appearance. Should I expect these knockoffs to stop working shortly after receiving? I'm finding myself killing way too much time looking at all the fake sunglasses and watches during my lunch hour, lol. Have the DVD's mentioned in the previous purchases worked fine on most players?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
7486 posts
1190 upvotes
"Should I expect these knockoffs to stop working shortly after receiving"

Ive seen some of the fake ones that used to be all over ebay have the hands fall off after just been worn normally for a few months
Mar 25, 2011
708 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
I'm attempting to use it soon to buy something.

I know for a fact some of those sellers also do EBAY, so to me it's nothing different at all.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2010
75 posts
24 upvotes
I was looking at some headphones from a few different sellers, and while I'm almost certain they must be fakes, I wish there were some way to talk to other buyers, and ask for some honest feedback on the quality. Am I just missing something on their site, or is this not possible?

I have ordered a couple items now, and I will report back once they arrive. Started small with some $5-10 stuff.
Mar 25, 2011
708 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
I just bought some cycling gear.

To those who have bought from iOffer:

did the sellers from China ship EMS-express?

I see Canadian and Americans leaving "fast shipping" on the feedback. I doubt that these people find 15-20 business days fast ...
Jul 23, 2008
866 posts
278 upvotes
O1IN85 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2011 10:47 pm
I just bought some cycling gear.

To those who have bought from iOffer:

did the sellers from China ship EMS-express?

I see Canadian and Americans leaving "fast shipping" on the feedback. I doubt that these people find 15-20 business days fast ...
Everything that I ordered from ioffer was sent from China via EMS
Mar 25, 2011
708 posts
31 upvotes
Guelph
What's the turnover time? 5 business days?

If so then it might be worth it to get some more stuff. I bought some cycling gear that would've cost $10< more on EBAY and being shipped through snailmail.
Mar 7, 2011
5 posts
I bought one item (small purse) which came via Hong Kong Post. I was very happy with my item. The seller I bought from had over 800 positive reviews from other buyers. I paid using Paypal.

I attempted to buy another item from a different seller, but that person only accepted money wire transfers (Partially my fault. I assumed he would take Paypal). Since I was not comfortable with sending a wire transfer to China, I cancelled my order and the seller was ok with my decision.

Overall, I was happy with ioffer.com, but I won't be using it religously... I trust eBay a lot more!
[OP]
Sep 23, 2010
75 posts
24 upvotes
What I'm curious to know is whether or not the quality of the (presumably) knock off Beats Studio headphones are worth the purchase. I'm just looking for a half decent pair of headphones for use with my phone's mp3 player, and some music use on my laptop in the evenings. If anyone has taken the plunge on these headphones I'd appreciate a review.
[OP]
Sep 23, 2010
75 posts
24 upvotes
Well I just received an Adidas LED Sports Watch from a seller, and was pleasantly surprised in the quality of the item. I have no idea how long it will last, or what sort of wear and tear it will take, but if treated well it should be worth the $8 I paid for it. Note, there is no proper packaging or instructions, so you have to figure out how to set it on your own, which wasn't too difficult.

Shipping was about 12 days to get to me, which I suppose isn't the end of the world considering it is coming from China. Overall I'd say it was a decent experience, and I will await the couple other inexpensive items that I hope are in transit.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
15766 posts
20208 upvotes
ONTARIO
I've bought from 2 different sellers on ioffer.com

First was a pair of polarized Ray-Ban sunglasses (yes, I bought them knowing they were fake).
They were $16 and when I received them I was quite impressed with the quality of the fakes. I've bought cheap $5 ones from DealExtreme/FocalPrice and the difference in quality was like night and day. Seller was very communicative and answered any questions I had. Took about a month to come, but I am willing to chalk it up to the CP lockout (I had a tracking number so I know it was stuck in Canada for quite a while). Overall it was a good first experience with the ioffer site.

The second item I purchased was Tiger Balm from Thailand. You may wonder why I didn't just buy it locally. After some research I found it cheaper to buy online from Thailand (with free shipping) than to buy it locally.
I was in no hurry and I wanted to try it out so I bought 2x 30g jars of Tiger balm red for $11.86 CAD shipped from a seller in Thailand.
This purchase was so different than my first one. The seller would NOT communicate with me whatsoever. Nothing to tell me my item shipped, not when it would arrive, not that he received payment, nothing. I would ask questions and would receive nothing in reply. Finally 2 months pass and I filed an item dispute through the ioffer.com website.
To my surprise the Tiger Balm showed up 3 days later, so I closed the dispute.

The product is great and for the price I am happy, but I would never ever do business with this seller again.

So when you use the site, make sure you research the seller first. Check their feedback, make sure customers seem happy overall, etc.
From now on when I use ioffer.com I will only deal with top rated sellers.