Letting plate sticker expire intentionally
Let's say you have two cars - a summer car and a winter beater. If my birthday is in October, for example, then is it possible to do this?
- Both cars are insured year round.
- Both stickers expire in October.
- When October rolls around, I renew the winter beater. This means I pay a full year for the winter sticker. Summer sticker remains expired.
- When April rolls around, I renew the summer sticker. This gets prorated to 6 months, so I only pay half price.
- In total, I only pay the price of 1.5 stickers for two cars.
Does this work?