270 upvotes
Vancouver

3 Day Sales Event 1.5% Off All Lease/Finance Rates

Deal Link:
Expiry:
April 22, 2017
Retailer:
Lexus
Got an email from my Lexus dealer and it looks like they're having another three day event with 1.5% off rates. Should be nationwide like last time and runs from Thursday the 20th to Saturday the 22nd. Add a couple of security deposits on a 2% lease rate and it drops to 0%. A bunch of RFDers got some great deals the last time this ran in November. I got an IS300 for 580 all in on a 48 mo lease last time and others got an NX in that price range last time.

Edit: As with last time, this reduction won't appear on the website price configuration tool. You can simulate it by selecting "non-lfs rate" and manually entering the rate (ie 2% - 1% - security deposits)
Last edited by absolutcamper on Apr 18th, 2017 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
32 replies
Nov 5, 2014
63 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
absolutcamper wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 12:49 am
Got an email from my Lexus dealer and it looks like they're having another three day event with 1.5% off rates. Should be nationwide like last time and runs from Thursday the 20th to Saturday the 22nd. Add a couple of security deposits on a 2% lease rate and it drops to 0%. A bunch of RFDers got some great deals the last time this ran in November. I got an IS300 for 580 all in on a 48 mo lease last time and others got an NX in that price range last time.
New to the leasing world. What does all in include?
Deal Addict
May 2, 2008
1906 posts
448 upvotes
Mississauga
jm0287 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 9:12 am
New to the leasing world. What does all in include?
Taxes, fees, etc. What he ends up paying out of pocket each month.
Vinh
If you're going to hate, Get off RFD!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1447 posts
529 upvotes
security "deposit" in a car lease = never see that money back again
Dec 10, 2005
475 posts
47 upvotes
Milton
pongster wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 10:14 am
I've gotten it back in all of my leases... did you have a bad experience?
Dec 27, 2010
151 posts
56 upvotes
How often do these run? Current lease runs out late July and hoping I can take advantage when it comes back around
Apr 16, 2017
27 posts
9 upvotes
Mount Royal
As I know, Mitsubishi offers 0% lease/finance rates
[OP]
Oct 24, 2009
520 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver
pongster wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 10:14 am
You're confusing downpayment with security deposit. Most of the manufacturers allow you to put multiple security deposits to reduce the lease rate. For Lexus its .15% reduction for every monthly payment in deposit. You will get the deposit back at the end of the lease or if you terminate early.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2009
520 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver
twistededge wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 10:24 am
How often do these run? Current lease runs out late July and hoping I can take advantage when it comes back around
I think it will come back again in October. You can always see if the Lexus dealer is willing to buy out your lease early. With just a couple months left, it shouldn't affect your discount on the new lease.
Aug 21, 2005
428 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
Haven't been getting good discounts on the rx in Vancouver. Nowhere near what people got in the last sale. unhaggle says there's about 9-10% of room. the salesman was only giving 3.5% and didn't want to go to the manager with anything higher. i was looking for 6-7%
[OP]
Oct 24, 2009
520 posts
270 upvotes
Vancouver
endless402 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:02 am
Haven't been getting good discounts on the rx in Vancouver. Nowhere near what people got in the last sale. unhaggle says there's about 9-10% of room. the salesman was only giving 3.5% and didn't want to go to the manager with anything higher. i was looking for 6-7%
The last time around, Regency and port moody wouldn't budge but I found a guy at north shore willing to play ball and work over email. I got around 6% once everything was said and done let me know if you wanna try again and ill PM.
Aug 21, 2005
428 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
absolutcamper wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 11:42 am
The last time around, Regency and port moody wouldn't budge but I found a guy at north shore willing to play ball and work over email. I got around 6% once everything was said and done let me know if you wanna try again and ill PM.
pm'd you
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2008
1447 posts
529 upvotes
absolutcamper wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 10:43 am
You're confusing downpayment with security deposit. Most of the manufacturers allow you to put multiple security deposits to reduce the lease rate. For Lexus its .15% reduction for every monthly payment in deposit. You will get the deposit back at the end of the lease or if you terminate early.
not confused at all, maybe that's the case for a Lexus ...for every BMW lease I have done, the security deposit is always forfeited to cover the normal wear and tear after the inspection. If you exceed their "regular" wear, they will ask you to pay more.... maybe it's different depending on the company
Deal Fanatic
Jul 12, 2003
7201 posts
584 upvotes
Markham
pongster wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 1:32 pm
not confused at all, maybe that's the case for a Lexus ...for every BMW lease I have done, the security deposit is always forfeited to cover the normal wear and tear after the inspection. If you exceed their "regular" wear, they will ask you to pay more.... maybe it's different depending on the company
How about getting their protection plan?
What will be their excuse then?

Even there is no security deposit, they will still charge you for the exceeded wear and tears.
You are not getting away with it unless you leasing another car from them.
Retired Forum Moderator February 2009 - June 2015