Lexus Grip the Wheel is back! $100-$200 gift card

Deal Link:
Savings:
$200 GC
Expiry:
November 12, 2017
Retailer:
Lexus Canada
Just got my copy of the Globe and Mail today and excited to see the Grip the Wheel Test Drive Promotion is back again this year. Last year it was just for the RX but this year it's expanded to include the NX, ES and IS too. It's a $100 gift card from a luxury retailer for the test drive plus qualified subscribers to the Globe and Mail can get $200! (Last year it was for Tiffany's or Harry Rosen.) It's pretty simple you just set up a test drive online or show up at a participating dealer and tell them you are there for the Grip the Wheel program. After the test drive you get a card. You take it and enter the web address and fill in your info and they send you the gift card.
I knew of some people that did it the first time around and enjoyed the whole process. url is www.LexusGripTheWheel.com
Thread Summary
Cheapest way to subscribe as per a user provided in this thread (I did not find this link):

https://sec.theglobeandmail.com/subscri ... AsQAvD_BwE
213 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
1092 posts
147 upvotes
"Quebec Lexus dealerships are not participating." Disappointed But Relieved Face
Jan 3, 2012
130 posts
12 upvotes
North York
Hmm, sounds kinda fun, time to try later this week! :)
Mar 27, 2011
571 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto
How do you know which lexus dealerships are "participating"?
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
1507 posts
398 upvotes
Ottawa
Any idea where's the gc for?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1702 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto
Nice! Similar to the Mazda promotion but better value. Thanks OP!
Mar 12, 2009
44 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
it says "luxury gift cards". Doesn't say anything about what type of gift card.
So does that mean that it could be a gift card for $100 off at a lexus dealership?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
1362 posts
508 upvotes
Toronto
Does a salesperson get into the car with you? How long does the testdrive last?
Apr 20, 2017
218 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
BrethrenJx wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 11:30 am
So does that mean that it could be a gift card for $100 off at a lexus dealership?
one hundred Canadian dollars (CDN$100) for either Harry Rosen Inc. or Tiffany & Co. based on the Entrant’s selection in their Contest Entry (“Non-Subscriber Gift Card”).
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2002
4229 posts
382 upvotes
Toronto
Too bad no RC-F, would be a fun test drive
'11 DC MLF Iikka Pro
'11 Rome 390 Boss Black
'08 K2 T1
Mar 8, 2008
58 posts
19 upvotes
Edmonton
I got a $200 GC to Harry Rosen last year.
Here are the steps I took to ensure I was able to get the full $200.
I signed up for Globe and Mail subscription online, went inside the dealership, talked about cars, and showed genuine interest in the RX350 F-Sport. I asked if I was able to go on a test drive, and he took a copy of my ID, handed me the keys and I went on a 30 mins test drive by myself.
I returned there and inquired that I about seeing a promotion on Globe and Mail for those that test drove a new Lexus they were eligible for a gift card. While the dealership didn't know what I was talking about initially, the sales person eventually clued in as I was about to leave.

Anyways, YMMV depending on the dealership and the sales person. You may have to give out some personal information to the dealership, and they will reach out to you to see if you're interested in moving forward with a vehicle purchase.
Mar 12, 2009
44 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
mikimoto wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 11:34 am
one hundred Canadian dollars (CDN$100) for either Harry Rosen Inc. or Tiffany & Co. based on the Entrant’s selection in their Contest Entry (“Non-Subscriber Gift Card”).
ah ok. Thanks for the info.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
4556 posts
1031 upvotes
North York
BrethrenJx wrote:
Assuming they have updated the FAQ for this year, the gift cards are for Harry Rosen and Tiffany's again.
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/partner ... rc404=true

10. Can half of the Grand Prize of a luxury retailer gift card be from Harry Rosen and the other half from Tiffany’s?
Answer: No, the contest winner must choose only one retailer.

SomeGuyNamedBob wrote:
Does a salesperson get into the car with you? How long does the testdrive last?
Yes, 10 minutes.
Mar 13, 2012
60 posts
45 upvotes
Surrey
kenmcm wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 8:18 am
Just got my copy of the Globe and Mail today and excited to see the Grip the Wheel Test Drive Promotion is back again this year. Last year it was just for the RX but this year it's expanded to include the NX, ES and IS too. It's a $100 gift card from a luxury retailer for the test drive plus qualified subscribers to the Globe and Mail can get $200! (Last year it was for Tiffany's or Harry Rosen.) It's pretty simple you just set up a test drive online or show up at a participating dealer and tell them you are there for the Grip the Wheel program. After the test drive you get a card. You take it and enter the web address and fill in your info and they send you the gift card.
I knew of some people that did it the first time around and enjoyed the whole process. url is www.LexusGripTheWheel.com
Pretty useless gift card, might end up spending more