• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 8:42 pm
Jul 15, 2014
66 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
AdamKing wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 3:31 pm
They probably won't send it out until END of the promotion, Nov+ as mentioned in previous pages.
Really? I just read this in the FAQ, number 11: How long will it take to receive my luxury retailer gift card?
Answer: Luxury retailer gift cards will be sent out by courier 4 to 6 weeks after contest registration form is completed.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/partner ... rc404=true
Sep 14, 2015
115 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ElenaA265 wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 5:15 pm
Really? I just read this in the FAQ, number 11: How long will it take to receive my luxury retailer gift card?
Answer: Luxury retailer gift cards will be sent out by courier 4 to 6 weeks after contest registration form is completed.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/partner ... rc404=true
I would believe what i read as well in the FAQ section, but when filling the online form with code, it only asked the option if you were a G&E subscriber or not.
The promoters would need to somehow verify you are actually a subscriber before they would send you the correct denomination.
I have yet to receive a call to confirm my subscription status.
IDK why, but I can no longer access my original account pureenergon

😕
Oct 12, 2008
305 posts
339 upvotes
Markham
pureenergon2 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 1:16 pm
I would believe what i read as well in the FAQ section, but when filling the online form with code, it only asked the option if you were a G&E subscriber or not.
The promoters would need to somehow verify you are actually a subscriber before they would send you the correct denomination.
I have yet to receive a call to confirm my subscription status.
You log in to Globe and Mail when submitting the form to verify you're a subscriber (or at least that's what happened when I submitted the form), there's no need for them to verify again before sending the gift card.
Sep 14, 2015
115 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Dave510 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 2:35 pm
You log in to Globe and Mail when submitting the form to verify you're a subscriber (or at least that's what happened when I submitted the form), there's no need for them to verify again before sending the gift card.
I did do that. the thing is my 99cent initial promo ends next week. I was originally going to cancel it as it would go to like $6/mth going forward and instead make a new account with the 49cent/week promo for 3mths...
Am i stuck with paying $6/mth?

😕
Oct 12, 2008
305 posts
339 upvotes
Markham
pureenergon2 wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 3:09 pm
I did do that. the thing is my 99cent initial promo ends next week. I was originally going to cancel it as it would go to like $6/mth going forward and instead make a new account with the 49cent/week promo for 3mths...
Am i stuck with paying $6/mth?
That, or cancelling and hoping they won't check again when they send the gift cards out.

Or call Globe and Mail and ask if they can extend the promo pricing for a few more weeks for you to try, as you can't make up your mind yet if you want to cancel or pay regular price.
Sep 20, 2015
76 posts
13 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Just registered two address, wish to cancel as soon as I receive those gift cards.

what this means?
Global and Mail......You can call customer care at 1-855-813-6111 to cancel at any time, but The Globe won't issue any refunds for Globe Unlimited.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3523 posts
942 upvotes
Ontario
Going for my test drive soon. What is the verdict on timing for the globe and mail trial? just do the test drive, get the code, sign up for the globe and mail trial , verify membership during the form and that is it? ok to cancel after the form is submitted? or do we need to keep it open until they ship?
Oct 12, 2008
305 posts
339 upvotes
Markham
deadice wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 10:40 am
Going for my test drive soon. What is the verdict on timing for the globe and mail trial? just do the test drive, get the code, sign up for the globe and mail trial , verify membership during the form and that is it? ok to cancel after the form is submitted? or do we need to keep it open until they ship?
I probably wouldn't do it at this point if it's only for the gift card. They probably already went through their supply of gift cards (I remember it was either 1,000 or 2,000).
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
3523 posts
942 upvotes
Ontario
Dave510 wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 12:37 pm
I probably wouldn't do it at this point if it's only for the gift card. They probably already went through their supply of gift cards (I remember it was either 1,000 or 2,000).
well the terms did say a "minimum" of 2000, and the page is still up. either way, went and did the test drive since i was interested anyways, nice car but a bit pricey for what you're getting.

did the G&M trial, registered my code online, still got to choose between the two giftcards.

now to wait and see if it shows.
Deal Guru
Oct 3, 2006
10220 posts
628 upvotes
Toronto
So is the sales guy in the car with you during the test drive?
Oct 2, 2015
15 posts
7 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Aznsilvrboy wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 10:29 pm
So is the sales guy in the car with you during the test drive?
lol BOOT IT
Aug 18, 2014
11 posts
2 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I did the test drive when this event came out, and just got my $100 gift card in the mail today
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
1199 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Hmm. I'm thinking of doing this now.

I'll just go in and tell them i'm interested in the promo. Hopefully, they can just give me the pin code....
Sep 14, 2015
115 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
chopsticksonly wrote:
Sep 7th, 2017 11:16 pm
I did the test drive when this event came out, and just got my $100 gift card in the mail today
Hopefully mine comes in soon. my 99c G&M promo ends on the 12th i think.

😕
Feb 7, 2009
161 posts
20 upvotes
When I enter redemption code, then existing Globe and Mail subscriber, then asks for post code and phone number, once I enter info and click submit always goes to blank page, so I'm unable to complete.
I've tried numerous times with safari, firefox and chrome , all with same results.
Does anyone have any suggestions?